Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

Resistance 2 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 pm

oh man, i used to be able to play Chicago while i was blind folded What a Face
and i dislike snipers.... when im being sniped tongue
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Yeah I like me some R2 once in a while.

Im amazed how active the game is.

Hey who was in that party with me the day of

Elricoman?

I saw them tonight.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:47 am

Is this a good 1st person game if someone perfers 3rd person games? I thought that CODMOD2 would be a good 1st person game, but in my opinion I wasted $60. I may just try a beta for Resistance 3 in a year or so.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:02 am

scratch
Sounds like there's a story there.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 am

charlitos wrote:
Is this a good 1st person game if someone perfers 3rd person games? I thought that CODMOD2 would be a good 1st person game, but in my opinion I wasted $60. I may just try a beta for Resistance 3 in a year or so.

R1 and R2 were definitely worth my cash. However, if you'r enot sure have a look at some videos of it (I have some on my channel) and maybe rent them to try first. That way if you don't like it you won't waste too much cash on it.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:12 am

Good idea, I'll do that
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:27 am

I watched some of these videos on your channel, and first thing, you are a beast it seems, but it doesn't seem like my kind of game. It's a first person shooter, and some can fly with me, but most don't. This game seems really hard, and not my typical genre. I'll try the beta for Resistance 3 when it comes out, but I won't generally be rocking this series.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:25 am

Remember, R:FoM and R2 are two/three games in one. R:FoM has Campaigna and Online. For my money, it was pure gold on both counts. The Campaign (for a casual player) was hard enough and long enough to make me want to play it two or three times. The Online was difficult but really fun.

R2 has three games: Campaign, Co-op, and normal Online. For me, the Campaign was too easy was totally tedious. Co-op was great fun, but I came to it late because an overlooked setting on my router meant I physically couldn't play it for the first couple of months which meant I felt I had missed the boat. From what I hear, the missions do tend to get old, but it IS a great game mode. R2 online was a shock. It took on some COD-like features (notably L2 aiming, and few bullets to kill, and no real headshot advantage), and dropped some of the best lobby features of FoM. That said, it became the only game I played and now I cannot go back to FoM. If you don't want to spend lots of time messing about with classes and weapon choices, then R2 gets you closer to the COD-style game play but in a Lite fashion. The maps are good and the game can be really fun (though the animation is much jerkier than FoM and COD, and the 3D modelling looks unfinished).

But if you simply don't like FPS, then go for Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:49 am

I think I will set up a Superhuman Saturdays! thread in the events section here sometime in the next week so everyone knows how to join in on co-op games.

Here's the original thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Right now if you want to show you will have to reply to that thread. Everyone here should have a PSN, so that shouldn't be a problem. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 am

I dont know how often he checks out here, but special shout out to ratchet for the game last night where he and I, all alone, took on a squad of 4 or 5.......

......and KICKED THIER ASSES!!!!

omg that was sweet man. You still so pwn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:45 am

SixHousePull wrote:
I dont know how often he checks out here, but special shout out to ratchet for the game last night where he and I, all alone, took on a squad of 4 or 5.......

......and KICKED THIER ASSES!!!!

omg that was sweet man. You still so pwn

Haha, thank ya Six. I managed a No One is Safe last night, so I was definitely satisfied. That is #5.
As for the 2-5 game, the reason why my two friends left was because they got disconnected. Sad Their internet is hit and miss, unfortunately.

But yes, great fun last night. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer, though.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:04 am

I wasnt sweating the drops.

I was just glad to see we could still hold a place down like we did, even when out gunned.
Those guys fell asleep last night cursing you.

"That damn ratchetH22"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:12 am

SixHousePull wrote:
I wasnt sweating the drops.

I was just glad to see we could still hold a place down like we did, even when out gunned.
Those guys fell asleep last night cursing you.

"That damn ratchetH22"

Yep. I love games where my team (in this case, you) and I are outnumbered. All you need to do is kill them once or twice per death, and you'll win.

And I couldn't tell if they were cursing me or not, because I was talking to my friend on the phone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:33 am

sorry about last night guys, stupid party bug Mad

soon as you guys searched a game it kicked me, then i just went into some unranked to fool around and i noticed that i was lagging pretty terribly so i thought it best a stay out of ranked. thanks for joining me that one game though six; wasnt all that entertaining with the two wraith whores who were just running around together. they were pretty bad though Rolling Eyes then they quit when i disintegrated them with the P/C after they respawned to camp that shack in the back with a fareye Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:07 pm

I left cause we had them out manned.
It looked like if I split it would level teams at 3 each.
I didnt know they would quit too though.

But I dont like being on the heavy side of unblanaced teams.
Makes me feel all dirty.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm

R2 is my favorite FPS
you guys know why lol

Last edited by -Dj- on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm

same Cool
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Az is in need of enlightnement. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:18 pm

-Dj- wrote:
R2 is my favorite FPS
you guys know why lol

WRAAAIIITHHH!

Both Fall of Man and Resistance 2 are my favorite FPS. I love them both equally. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:39 pm

fall of man has a better campaign, and R2 has a better online (especially co-op) Smile
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:40 am

Apart from Doom, which I played in the early '90s and Hitman 2 which came free with a PC at work, my first real FPS was FoM so that is my fave (though I can no longer play it). I think it was partly also down to the huge clan parties we used to gave going on that game. Ony a fraction of the clan bought into R2 and so it never got the chance to have the same sparkle that FoM did. But no matter how much I want to pop other games into the PS3 at the moment I still can't resist throwing in MW2.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:50 am

Loved R:FoM, never really got into R2 as it just didn't 'feel' right to me. By 'right' I think I mean it didn't feel like R1. If memory serves right, I think it had more in common with the feel of CoD which I had never played at the time.

Now that I play MW2 frequently I wonder if I would get on better with R2?

I did love Co-Op though and have maxed out all characters. It was a nice alternative to playing against humans and I found it very relaxing, if not as challenging.

I think it would be a bit of a harsh learning curve though as from the talk on here and elsewhere, it is very weapon dependant whereas I am more of a stratergy player. I'm not sure I could be bothered putting in the effort of learning the weapons on an old game...

I still think I'll be getting R3 though, as my love of FoM was so great.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:54 am

I couldnt agree with ya more Kill!
RFOM was awesome. R2 not so awesome. It did feel as if Insomniac wanted to make the sequel more CoD friendly, I think thats where they failed in my opinion. Excited for R3, especially if they keep it real! bounce

Last edited by Spongebobnopants on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 am

So odd the differences in opinion R2 has always brought out.

FoM was NOT the first FPS I ever played, and never will be as that title is still reserved for either Killswitch or Black.
Imo, Black being the best FPS ever made. Short game....but the best done.

R2 I have begun playing a lot again, and unlike ET as I sit there and teeter totter on MW2 or R2...I find myself sticking the R2 disc in more and more often now.
If I had Mag I would probably go that route, but well.......I just sont have the extra cash to throw on it atm.

I see why some say R2 has a more COD feel than it did compared to FoM, but they really are not similar at all.
The biggest example being the amount of lead needed in R2 is stellar compared to MW2 where you can just stick a RD where you want bullets to go and expect what ever is there to die.
This next line will probably help this thread blow up, and keep in mind I say this after playing both games a lot the past week but......R2 requires much more FPS skill than MW2 and i think thats why people dont like it.

I have novels on MyRes why I feel R2 is better than FoM but to those who haven't seen them I can shorten it to.....weapon spawns dictate strategy.
And that is ghey.

The shock in differences is also why I think people dont like R2, compounded by their own nostalgia blurring just how crappy and dated FoM really is.
It was fun no doubt.
But it was crap.

These are just my opinions, and are not meant to incite anything other than good discussion.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 30 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:21 am

SixHousePull wrote:
So odd the differences in opinion R2 has always brought out.

FoM was NOT the first FPS I ever played, and never will be as that title is still reserved for either Killswitch or Black.
Imo, Black being the best FPS ever made. Short game....but the best done.

Wasn't that TPS? Black was good.
Back to top Go down

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: