Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
QueensBoulevard
First Nation
First Nation
QueensBoulevard

Nation Reputation : 0

Borderlands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:42 pm

GG Cobalt!

Thank god you were there for assistance with the Raak. I would have died a few times trying to do it solo. Too much loot, not enough backpack space..

If there's one thing i'd like to have is a chest of some kind to store stuff. I mean, ive honestly gone through 5 shotguns without using one of them confused

If you ever feel like re rolling as a different class, let me know and i'll do the same while working on my Siren seperately.

Your Bloodwing skill has me envious, although I do like phasewalk as a defensive maneuver more than anything.

BTW, that gun you gave me is worth more than twice the amount of my entire money collection.

Level 43 can't come fast enough...

Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:35 am

Happy to help. Very Happy= :D Playing with a 1st playthrough character was great! Mothrakk could firebomb me into the ground and I'd just stare at it. Never even got past my shield. lol (Though, I must admit, I got rather lucky on getting that shield in the fist place. 1356 Smile )After the royal pain that bugger gave me on my first playthrough, let me tell you it was nice to give it a little payback. Twisted Evil
Turns out we quit just in time. My internet bombed out not ten minutes later. Grr. Stayed off from then until 4:15 too. So annoying. Why does this keep happening? This is the third night in a row. Rawrrrrr! [/ranting and venting]

I know exactly how you feel in regards to the lack of storage chests. Though, really I don't think they're needed after a certain point. You'll get to where you have enough space to carry you between vendors. I mostly want a chest because I'm a collector. Of everything. Really, you don't want to see any of my Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout 3 saves. Embarassed There isn't an item in those worlds that isn't mine. lol

"Re rolling", eh? That sounds suspiciously like the lingo of a tabletop RPG player... ^_^ Have I found a fellow dice-rattler?
That aside, I'd be happy to start a new character. I'm torn between Soldier and Siren. Ammo/Health Regen, or that sweet, sweet Phasewalk... Hmm, Choices. Puzzled

Bit of advice. If you want level 43 to get here faster, then host an online game and play with whoever shows up. More players = more exp/loot, but harder enemies too. Teamwork is essential.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Double Post!

Heya, Liam. Sorry I didn't get to play today. Got up bright and early, and wouldn't you know it, I got DNS'd off the bat. Mad Hopefully I can catch you next Saturday. *crosses fingers*
That's been happening so much lately, I think I need to give my ISP a good talking to. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:18 pm

No hassle Cobalt, gives me time to level up some and get used to the driving.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:28 am

Double Post: DLC coming on the 24th, I think this game will survive a good while if they come out with a good few DLC's, lotta potential to this game.

Level 22 Hunter with Gunslinger Class Mod. I think I've got myself Pretty unstoppable ATM for where I am in the game here.

Feel ye both on the storage chests. My Oblivion and Fallout Saves are pretty much the same. One Chest for a certain type of object. WHOOO! Pack Rats FTW!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Woot! I hope on of their newer DLC's raises the level cap.

Us =
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:31 pm

There is a level Cap? didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Yup. 50.
That means that by level 50 you'll have 45 skill points to throw around. That's enough to fill one skill tree with some to spare, or get all the way through two skill trees though not fill them, or just get a sprinkling from all of them if you want.
For my Mordecai, for example, I took the 'Rogue' tree except for two of them, then focused on increasing my sniper rifle damage and accuracy. And Carrion Call was a must for me. Combine that with a high Out for Blood skill and my Bloodwing fairly well owns. ^_^ I throw him, and six non-elite guys die. Twisted Evil
Some things to keep in mind.
You can rearrange your skill points at any time from a New You station.
Five is the most points you can put in a skill, but using class mods can take them higher, even if you can't see it. Eg. I have an effective 9 in my Out for Blood skill.
The higher your weapon proficiency, the lower a weapon of that type's level requirements.
All chests respawn everytime you reload the game. There are five in easy access in New Haven.
There are others, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:17 am

Ooooh didn't know that the skill alocations could be moved. I love how the chests respawns, makes it good for sales.

Did a Co-op last night with a guy from work. Was good fun considering the fecker invited me to a game that was 5 levels to high for the both of us. Musta died a hell of a lot in that run.
Also. Pandora is a bug planet, an arachnid planet. Welcome to the Roughnecks, RICOS ROUGHNECK. You do your jobs or I'll kill you myself.

Anyone else have an urge to watch Starship troopers while playing this game?
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 am

This game was my biggest surprise of the year, I tell you, watching Bloodwing cut an enemies torso into pieces NEVER gets old Very Happy= :D

Just started my 2nd playthrough and came across my first badmutha skag, I can see this game offering a nice good challenge yet Smile

Just one question, I kinda missed out on co-op first time round, are there any secrets or extra missions etc when playing co-op?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:27 am

Thinking Haven't noticed anything yet while I play through on Co-op.
I'm wonderin what happens when you get four people in a game, does that mean you get to use more cars?
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 am

AFAIK you can have one car each can't you? Haven't really tried. Also, how do you start an arena battle in co-op? I only need that and the trophies for getting to level 50 and I'll have platinumed this thing Smile

I've looked on the borderlands wiki and I can't find anything, though I've seen a couple of very well hidden areas Wink
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:48 am

Melee someone if you wanna fight em.
I guess for the arena you gotta go to the arenas themselves while in co-op and then activate it. There is one outside Fyrestone where the bandits were when you had to clear them out.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:55 am

Ah, I knew how to duel, but didn't know you had to find a particular arena to do it, I wondered what that area was for cheers

Also, have you found that secret room in New Haven?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 am

Lol only recently got access to New Haven, been going over the Co-op with on a Co-worker helping him out on missions that I have already done.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:09 am

Oh okay, apologies if I spoiled anything there pale
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:05 am

Nah you only said something about a hidden room and alien weapons. I knew already that there was Alien weapons seeing at it shows my proficency of them to be 0
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:41 am

I found a couple of the alien weapons on my first playthrough, honestly I thought they were pretty crappy though.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Weird. I just tried to post in here, but it's gone. scratch Must've accidentally canceled it or something. Oh well. Trying this again...

Alien Weapons do suck. I have a canon that does 1,800 damage, but it moves so slow that it's only good for clearing out swooping Rakk. Sad Volcano rifle for the win.
And about the hidden room...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:49 pm

K guys. I just changed the portal, and it has a small vid on the dlc just released

They do shw game footage but nothing Id really call a spoiler
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks, Sixy Claus. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 am

Ho ho ho
Merry zombie killing
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:37 am

AHAHH!
we started Christmas music today!!! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:44 am

isnt it usually december that we start?
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm

nope
when advent starts...
come to think of it ...
we should really be starting tomorrow Wink
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top