Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

Borderlands - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:20 am

awe everyone is going to be hunters except for me. Laughing That's pretty good idea having an elevator man, that cuts 30 seconds off of each trip. That's a lot of time when your buddies are bleeding out due to the over sized shell fish. I guess I will have to start leveling my soldier up, I think hes like 15 but i haven't even started the game yet, just been playing with others online and doing random missions. Haven't played with him for a while though. Any upcoming sirens want some cool class mods or what not you could either come with us to kill crawdad sometime or let me know. I have to clean out my safe anyway Very Happy= :D

Ill be on about 12:45 Mountain time. I was playing the other night and did a quick farming and picked up another pearl weapon. Its a pistol but I don't know why yet, it seems ordinary enough. Hopefully we get some more pearl weapons today.

We going to do the planned pre-farm farm at the armory? Thinking
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

I'm in for that.
What's the pistol called? Maybe it has an entry at the Borderlands wiki.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:28 am

Oh yeah we are. Thats to start us off.

However seeing as the button man idea is a good one I could use my brick as said button man, that way I level him up epically without lifting a finger... Recommended?
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:34 am

Haha that sounds like a great plan. Brick will shoot up at least 3 levels.

I think its a nemesis pistol [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pretty much with all the worst stats it could possibly come with.

If i remember correctly x3 shock multiplier like 230 damage and a 2.6 or 2.7 fire rate. and like an 18 round mag. Its cool that it does both corrosive and shock damage, I have not tried it out on an enemy.

How do you do this glitch where you get unlimited time? are we going to try that or just run through ligit.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:52 am

I'd prefer legit, personally.

Depends on if SR's in. We need someone at least three up top. Two to take out minions, and one to put damage on Craw. Thinking
It may not be best for taking out Craw at this time, but it may be a viable leveling strategy. Staying at the bottom and having someone just killing the minions alone would skyrocket a lowby's level.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

Sounds good. I don't really car how we do the armory. I am online now just messing around if anyone is near their ps3 otherwise ill see Cobalt and Laim in within the next hour or so?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 pm

I'll be on shortly. I'll be messing around in my bank first though. Might be a while.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:09 pm

nice im doing the same. How are your elemental weapons. I have a nice sniper with x3 corrosive and a shotgun or two im planning on giving you guys. I dont use them ever. and a non elemental sniper with like 500 damage but a fire rate of like 3.4.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Sorry I didn't make it to fight Crawermax with you guys earlier. Had to go out this afternoon and didn't get the chance to play.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 pm

That's okay, SR. We just did a vault run instead. Gonna do another tomorrow. You in?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Sure, just let me know the time. I've got work at 6:00 PM my time though.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:53 pm

12:30 PM Central.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Yeah, this time I'll be there for sure.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Guess what Cobalt just found.
Well, go on.

Whatever you said, it was wrong. Unless you said a mod for my hunter that gives +4 Find Extra Items & +2 Find Rare Items. Next time we hit the Armory or kill Craw... Well, to quote Roland, "It's like Christmas!" Laughing That'll be +4 or 5 between me and Rev. We're bound to get a pearl weapon this time, knock on wood.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 pm

That sounds awesome. Sorry I had to leave on you guys. Had to work at 4. I have to work at 4 again tomorrow, that's eastern time, 3 central time i believe. Can't wait to get some more sweet drops and see the stupid craw dad turn into a pinata of loot Very Happy= :D + 4 or higher rare items is going to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:07 am

Wait, you killed Craw and didn't get any pearls? Not even one? Shocked

That's just wrong...
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah, the pearl weapons don't drop every time. Makes it harder to get, more elusive or some crap lol. Anyway the crawdad is way easier to beat on the first play through according to wiki, and If it dropped pearl weapons every time, everyone would have more than a few, which defeats the purpose of them. Its a pain but its more satisfying being able to earn your keep. At least it is to me.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:23 am

No worries, Rev. Real life comes first. Smile

SR, we'll be fighting Craw, so there's a few things you need to know.
Corrosives kill Armored Maggots (Big purple ones.)
Fire kills Green Maggots
Electricity kills Craw worms (little purple ones)
Teamwork and Luck kill Crawmerax. Laughing

If I bring in this new mod though, we'll be losing the +14 health regen from my other one. May need you to wear one of my regen mods, SR. Got a +18 one, I believe. Waiting on the elevator gives you plenty of time to restock on ammo, so ammo regen isn't really required.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:35 am

Yeah true about the elevator and ammo re-stock. You really need to have a decent weapon that does each type of damage. Without that you do basically no damage to any of the craw maggots.

When you guys use the Eridian weapons, does it do a good amount of damage to all the maggots or mainly just the worms that are highly susceptible to shock damage?

Hmm with 4 people we could try to have 2 putting damage on craw daddy and have the other two guarding them from the maggots. Just a though. Then maybe it will go by faster.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:30 am

It mostly hurts the worms. Though it seems to ping Craw a good bit too.
Biggest problem SR is gonna have is the damage reduction he'll face being levels lower than Craw & co. Maybe have him ping at Craw from the Safe spot?

Something I've noticed about Eridian weapons. As my mastery goes up I do more damage, and recharge faster, yes, but I'm getting fewer shots too.
I was getting 3 off that Thunderstorm. Now only 2. Puzzled I think the others make up for it, I just didn't expect it to happen.
Incidentally, my Eridian weapons skill is up to 17 now. Fried many a midget last night. Found that mod in the middle of Midgetville, actually.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:48 am

Nice, haha. Yeah with Eridian weapons I have noticed the more powerful the blast, the more energy it takes away from the gun. It also depends on how you use the gun. If you hold the trigger in it will go into an automatic type mode, firing more shots but weaker then if you were to tap the trigger wait a second or two and tap it again.

I have to start using Eridian weapons and rocket launches more, and get them to at least 10 so I can get the one award haha. After that I probably will never use my rocket launcher again.

Hmm hanging out in the safe spot his level and weapon proficiency will sky rocket.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 pm

Going to head on now and kill some time. Maybe make a run at finishing up Knox on my Hunter's Pt1. Think that's about half way there. If Craw really does drop the same quality stuff on Pt1 and is easier to kill, then it'd be nice to be able to farm him that way.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:13 pm

BAH GAH MAH SHITE!
Lost my epic level 50 siren with all the cool stuff, ten levels earned all because mah screen freezed and I had to turn off making th esave corrupted! WANK Bullet Bill F BOMB!

have to reload my level 40 back up but damn that gun was epic! SMG, 110 x4 Damage, 82 bullet clip, Acc 50, fr 12. Chopped them down fast like, even the badass and badmutha!

Good stuff with the Crawmerax.
Monkey I think I know what your plan is now. Wait till I dying then pow! you kill the craw... AGAIN! :-P

Good stuff SR on the Elevator, you doing that saved us plenty of times dude.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Yeah monkey seems to be in the right place when craw goes down. At least I wasn't waiting of the elevator this time. lol I was in back taking pop shots with my sniper trying to get a better view around the rocks. That Time it was a little harder because of all the extra little minions around.

Thanks a bunch SR, that elevator is a real pain in the arse to wait on. You'll find out soon enough Laughing

That SMG sounds pretty awesome Laim, bummer you lost all your data, I hope I don't have to go through that. Maybe I'll backup my PS3 on one of these extra external drives I have laying around.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey, it's not my fault Liam's good bait.

That would probably be a good idea, Rev. I keep all my save files on a flash drive.
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top