Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

Borderlands - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:59 pm

I miss this game. It's been so long since I've played it.

That being said, I saw Cobalt's post about Lilith, and not being sure how to play her. She was by far my favorite character, and I definitely had the hardest time trying to figure out how to build her, and be happy with her. She can fill a lot of roles, and my favorite was acting as Daze support. You have such powerful options for just shutting down entire mobs, and locking them almost indefinitely.

I threw this together randomly, it seems alright, but I'm a bit rusty because I've not played for a while, so I'm not sure if things seem better, or not. Did they ever fix Silent Resolve? If not, or if they changed the way it was supposed to work, then those are points easily dropped. They might not be worth it anyway, given the Inner Glow and Daze powers.

Girl Power or Spark might be better than Silent Resolve, but I would rather have the ability to tank damage, when necessary, and use the Phasewalk as an even better stabilization tool. Spark never seemed necessary, especially given the already insane proc-rates of the Hellfires. Anarchies won't care about it, either, and that makes it seem like the points are wasted completely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The last point in Mind Games seemed like it would've been less useful than the singular point in Venom, to cover your corrosive needs on demand, without having to switch weaponry. It's a bit of a slippery slope, but I felt 20% sounded fine, given the rapid-fire of the SMGs anyway. The four-point Mind Games, along with the full Dramatic Entrance probably seems like a lot, but when I used Lilith, I wanted to make sure that I had pretty consistent and wide-spread Dazes. It's such a powerful effect, and she's so good at applying it by spraying with the SMG, or by using the Phase as an AoE Daze, that I wanted to make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:13 pm

I find Lilith interesting.

When I first got Borderlands, I started with Lilith right away. I thought it would take a while to get the hang of a new game and a certain play style.

Playing Lilith was like slipping on a familiar glove. Neutral

There was nothing there that I hadn't really seen before. General shooter feel, Diablo 2-ish loot finding. I swear, when she's in Phasewalk she's just like a werewolf from Morrowind. It was really weird.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Hooray for awesome free guns! cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:10 am

Yeah, the game's weird like that. But I don't think it's a bad thing, Az.

It does look like they fixed Silent Reslove:
I didn't even know it was broken like that.

The thing about Daze is, I think it might be too powerful. I don't want everything to just stand around while I shoot it. Makes it too easy, imho.
I'm thinking something more like this:
I still have Dramatic Entrance, but it's more of an emergency escape plan. Depending on any good elemental SMGs I find, I may move points from Silent Resolve over to Spark. On hitting 61, I'd move the points from Intuition over to Venom. I'd put them elsewhere, honestly, but I want Phoenix. Lilith just seems to eat ammo. Probably the Anarchies doing that. lol
Again though, it'll depend on the weaponry I use. Good elemental gun, and I'll go for Spark. Good Anarchy, and I'll go for Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:45 am

Whelp managed to get myself to level 48. Another 3 months and I'll be 49. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 am

You know, it'll take less time if you play with multiple people of a similar level. Smile
Also, you're playing with Mordecai, right? Do you have that one skill that increases EXP? I've got Lilith's version on. I'm a good bit into the Knox dlc and I just hit 41. Still on 1st playthrough.

DLC is enjoyable so far. Funny, of course. I like the new cars and can't wait to get the third one. Gonna have to party up to get full use of it though. Twisted Evil
Hunting Loot Midgets. Rather amusing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 am

Oh yeah I have it on. Just gonna do a batch of the quests then turn them in in the one go.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:57 am

Found an unmarked quest line in the Sunken Sea area (the one with the Prison). In a little hut with an ammo store next to what passes for a lake is a midget questgiver.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 am

Thats in the new DLC?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 am

Knox, yup.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:40 am

Keep an Eye out for that then and for the other on on Dr. Ned.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 am

lol, im only 26 and B got the Dr. Ned DLC.
(one more lvl,61) and guess what!
im never getting to it Razz
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 am

Lesus wrote:
Keep an Eye out for that then and for the other on on Dr. Ned.

There's an unmarked one on Dr. Ned? I knew not of this. What? Where?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 am

Zombie Brains. Never became marked for me.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:03 am

Oh, yeah. That's right. I guess I just tend to think of it as marked because finding that place gives you a little cinematic into. No one tells you about it though, so it does qualify as unmarked.
Fun Fact about that one. You can get all the brains you need for the first three of those missions before leaving that area. Just make sure not to pick up any brains before you get the quest. (Actually, don't pick up any period in any area until you get the quest. They stay on the ground where they drop until you pick them up, or until you turn the game off.) And once you're on the quest, only pick up as many as you need. Leave the rest for the next quest. I got the last one, 250, before even entering the Lumber Yard this way.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am

ooooh Good idea I'll do that.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 am

Off topic question for Lesus.
I'm gonna collect up the reviews I've done and put them in a single thread. Where should I put such a thread?

Edit: I'm thinking Game Walkthroughs and Q&As section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:18 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Found an unmarked quest line in the Sunken Sea area (the one with the Prison). In a little hut with an ammo store next to what passes for a lake is a midget questgiver.

So you found the Midget huh? He gives out some pretty good quests later one, especially the last one.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:37 pm

He's only given me two. Should I check back later?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
He's only given me two. Should I check back later?

Was the last one?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 pm

That would be the place Monkey.

Thinking How many Reviews have we got total?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Yup.

Just finished the Armory.
affraid
Good Lord Lesus, there's a lot of stuff in there. I needz moar people (with moar back pack space).
Sadly, the only thing I really picked up was a decent upgrade to my shield. Keep in mind though that this is with a playthrough 1 character.

Still got a couple missions to turn in, and one left to do.

Haven't seen this Crawmax thing yet. Guessing he's got something to do with the road sign I saw that reads
"Secret Final Boss
20 KM"
Laughing

@Lesus,
Somewhere in the neighborhood of...several.
I'm not actually sure. Embarassed
I'd guess maybe 7 or 8.
I plan to make thread similarly structured to how your Web Comics one is. But instead of linking comics, I'll be linking to posts within the thread. That way anyone looking can just click right to them.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Work away with that.

I have another Idea that involves you and Ratchet
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 pm

scratch
Borderlands - Page 15 189572
Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm

SO who all is still playing this?

I haven't even gotten through it with one guy, much less all of them.
Started Dr. Ned a little while after it came out but didn't get far.

Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top