Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage

Borderlands - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 pm

-Six- wrote:
SO who all is still playing this?

I haven't even gotten through it with one guy, much less all of them.
Started Dr. Ned a little while after it came out but didn't get far.

By the looks of it, Street, Monkey, Liam, and I are the ones playing it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Add Dingo to that list too, I just got in game with him not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 pm

-Six- wrote:
SO who all is still playing this?

I haven't even gotten through it with one guy, much less all of them.
Started Dr. Ned a little while after it came out but didn't get far.

Pretty sure Ratchet's got the right of it.
K said he's gotten it recently, and AZ said she's thinking about it. Just us other than that.

If you're thinking of picking it back up, I suggest skipping Ned for now and continuing along with the main game. Glad to help if you ever need it.

EDIT: And Dingo, apparently. lol
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:22 pm

I'll be glad to help out too if you need it Six. Just hit me up with an invite and I'll jump in with ya.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:47 am

It's a bit belated, but I just finished my review of the actual Main Game of Borderlands. Nothing anyone who already plays it doesn't know.
For anyone considering getting it, here's the review:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 am

Sorry we couldn't play too much last night Street. These mic issues are ridiculous.

My mic would have trouble picking up what you said, but then would play the full thing one minute later, albeit much more quicker (You sounded like a chipmunk at one point). What's truly odd if that I was STILL hearing things when I was in the menu.

Hope it works tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:11 am

Ratchet its the game lag causing the mic to act up as me had same thing when playing with street.
Street it has nothing to do with your connection or anything just the online lag issue that is very common with this game

Me ranked up Lilith from lvl 31 to lvl 38 just by sitting in one spot for 5 mins shooting the Lance Drones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:14 am

Dingo wrote:
Ratchet its the game lag causing the mic to act up as me had same thing when playing with street.
Street it has nothing to do with your connection or anything just the online lag issue that is very common with this game

Me ranked up Lilith from lvl 31 to lvl 38 just by sitting in one spot for 5 mins shooting the Lance Drones.

That's what I had figured it to be. Just found it a bit odd that I was still hearing Street minutes after I left the lobby. Laughing
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:41 am

ive been on this game on and off for a while
i havent bothered lvling up all my characters so my hunter is the only one at lvl 61

@ monkey about the daze. it used to be pretty overpowered but it was patched so it only lasts 2-3 secs i think. it used to be about 5. the reduced daze makes things a bit more interesting now.

if anyone wants to jump in game dont be shy, i'll gladly tag along. even if im playing another game.

oh if you guys werent aware, once your at 61 there is almost no point in doing any of the original game world anymore because all monsters stay at lvl 51 max. i think only moxie's and zombies (though im not completely sure on this one either) go up to 61 still

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 am

Actually, I saw a hunter that solo'd him. It was a video from the wiki. A very near thing though. It's not advisable.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 am

I don't think I'd go solo against Crawermax myself either. Only reason why I'd consider doing it is so that I didn't have to divvy up the loot after he's dead Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 am

*Thinks about pick pocketing Streets guns again*

Got myself into Crimson Fastness on my second Playthrough to get my Hunter to Max (I was further back than I thought. Forgot when you join somone elses game who is further on than you that the missions stay in your list)

Quick question, if I take my Level one Brick, and join ye're game on Playthrough two, sit back and let ye do all the killing will, my brick Level up fast?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:40 am

Insanely so, I believe. Yes. Smile
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 am

Holy Shizer video, I haz Borderlands nao!
Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:44 am

Lesus wrote:
*Thinks about pick pocketing Streets guns again*

Got myself into Crimson Fastness on my second Playthrough to get my Hunter to Max (I was further back than I thought. Forgot when you join somone elses game who is further on than you that the missions stay in your list)

Quick question, if I take my Level one Brick, and join ye're game on Playthrough two, sit back and let ye do all the killing will, my brick Level up fast?

Yes. Street joined my game on Knox yesterday with a Lv 1 Lilith. He became Lv 12 just as soon as I killed Motorhead. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:44 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Insanely so, I believe. Yes. Smile
...Lets do that.

Idea for the way I want the Brick to turn out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also helping to confirm Ratchets post about the Knoxx twitter account coming back up

Quote :
On March 3, 2010, Take-Two officially announced a fourth piece of downloadable content, stating that they will "continue to support the title with more add-on content, and our approach to digital content for Borderlands gives [Take-Two] a road map for other titles going forward." On July 15th 2010 twitter name "@GeneralKnoxx" came back online claiming he had "new orders"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 am

Double Post for Epicness!

Quote :
Final question: what’s the best gun you’ve found in Borderlands?
[Laughs] I have an advantage, as I’m here. This thing I have, it’s basically an auto-fire assault rifle that fires like a shotgun. It’s like the movie True Lies where he’s in the Harrier and he opens up the miniguns and shreds an entire building. There’s just so much metal coming out of this thing. It carries 1000 rounds, but it burns then in, like, three seconds. It’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. The programmers freak out because of all the geometry and the calculations and the risk of memory leak, but in the end, we found a way to make it work.

WANT!

Just thinking, when do we get to do the stuff that the characters originally came to Pandora for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 am

Lesus wrote:
Double Post for Epicness!

Quote :
Final question: what’s the best gun you’ve found in Borderlands?
[Laughs] I have an advantage, as I’m here. This thing I have, it’s basically an auto-fire assault rifle that fires like a shotgun. It’s like the movie True Lies where he’s in the Harrier and he opens up the miniguns and shreds an entire building. There’s just so much metal coming out of this thing. It carries 1000 rounds, but it burns then in, like, three seconds. It’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. The programmers freak out because of all the geometry and the calculations and the risk of memory leak, but in the end, we found a way to make it work.

WANT!

Just thinking, when do we get to do the stuff that the characters originally came to Pandora for?

The gun you are referring to is "The Chopper". It is capable of firing all 1000+ rounds in a span of about 10 seconds. It is a rare drop when you beat Motorhead. (It took me 40 or so times of beating him to finally get one.)
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 am

Who's Motorhead?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 am

He a migit with additude.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:50 am

scratch Only midget I can remember is King Wee Wee.
...The midgets weird me out some.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 am

Lesus wrote:
Who's Motorhead?

I thought you'd finished the Armory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:57 am

Lesus wrote:
Who's Motorhead?

He's pretty much a giant Sledge. You fight him I believe on the Crimson Lance highway that leads you to the prison where Mr. Sledge is located. He is near the beginning of the area, and you get to him by taking the first right you see on the highway. It will loop down to a barricade. Get out of the car and keep moving until you find a door that says "PIS OFF". It will open, and out comes Motorhead.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 am

@Monkey: Noped still only started, just finishing up my Playthrough 2 Missions on the original.

@Ratchet: So its not that little midget bugger you made me open the fridge for? That little bollocks scared the bejesus outta me.
Here I was oooh ratchet showing me a chest must be some epic stuff in the- GETITOFF!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:05 am

Lesus wrote:

@Ratchet: So its not that little midget bugger you made me open the fridge for? That little bollocks scared the bejesus outta me.
Here I was oooh ratchet showing me a chest must be some epic stuff in the- GETITOFF!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!

Sorry Liam, I couldn't resist that one. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top