Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage

Borderlands - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:36 am

I downloaded the patch last night. Glad Gearbox is keeping the game alive for the fans.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 am

I think that this will be the last of them though...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah, this is supposed to be the last... but then again, so was the Knox dlc.
Really though, I bet it is the last.
Which really only means we get to look forward to some sort of sequel. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:25 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about the DLC's ending. I mean they are making bank of off nothing basically, They don't even have to spend money on dvd's to burn the information to anymore haha. I can't wait to see what they will do next though. With this new genre of game they can go in pretty much any direction they want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm

If this is truly the last of the DLC's, I will be satisfied. Ive spent over 100 dollars on the game, including DLC, and I must say it has been worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that this is going to be the last DLC. I would however like to see Gearbox do a sequel, or see a completely new game if they're all done with DLC for Borderlands.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:49 pm

I bought the Borderlands GOTY edition today, any advice for someone starting out? What class would be a good first use? etc.. I will have a read through the thread when I get time.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:58 pm

I would definetley choose either Roland or Mordecai; these are the easier classes the first time around.
A good build for Roland (my primary) is a good Support Build. Put points into the Infantry tree first to give more firepower in the early parts, but once you get down to the 4th tree, stop there. From there, start going into the the support tree. THis will totally help you with many things such as ammo shortages and what not since the final skill makes your turret give out ammo resupplies. Make sure you get to the bottom of the medica tree as well, the extra bullet resistance, health, and health resupply ring will help as you go through the game.

Hope that helped Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:58 pm

I would also suggest Mordecai or Roland for a starting player.
Any character can use any kind of gun to its fullest, but the skills possessed by each character can take it beyond it's fullest. Even then, the only thing that's truly different about each character are their unique skills gained at level 5. Roland's turret, Mordecai's bird, Lilith's Phasewalk, and Brick's berserking.
Roland's specialties are mainly support based, meaning you'll always be welcome in any party. Or when solo playing, you can pull out your turret for a good bonus effect (Health/Ammo regen) while you're near it, but it also acts as an additional target, taking some of the heat off you, while dealing a little free damage to the enemy. You can also put points in the Cauterize skill to be able to heal teammates (by shooting them lol).
Mordecai is a sniper. If you have good aim, then you can take down enemies fast. Really fast. Getting a headshot on an enemy isn't quite instant death, but it will be for a long time against normal enemies. Even when it no longer one shots them, it'll still hurt a ton. By using and developing your pet bird, Bloodwing, you can also become the second most self sustaining character, as you can use skills to strike multiple enemies with Bloodwing, while also stunning and stealing health from each one, then using another talent to nearly remove his cooldown phase as long as you're shooting something with a sniper rifle.
In short, Mordecai's definition of 'support' is killing everything before you show up so that it can't cause you any trouble. Laughing To keep him from being too much of a lone wolf though, he also gets abilities to make enemies drop more items/money/health packs, as well as an exp gain increasing skill.
Lilith is a little tougher because she brings the least raw damage to the table. However, she makes up for it by boosting her elemental damage. With the right gun in her hands, she's a force to be reckoned with. Snag her a Hellfire SMG, and she's just ungodly dangerous. Unfortunately, getting a proper gun can take a while, so I suggest waiting until you've got some experience under your belt before building a Lilith. Her phasewalking is a good way to keep alive, but if you want to do any real damage with it, then you have to get in close. Doing so and surviving is tough when you're just starting out.
Brick is the simplest character to play, but he's built to be almost entirely short range. Especially his Berserk ability, which puts away his guns and just uses L1 and R1 to control punches from his left and right hands. One boss in particular gave me trouble with him because it flies. Fortunately Liam was with me, or I likely would have had to come back much later. He's just no good at range. Even though his abilities will eventually make him even more of a tank than he already is (level 30 he has more HP than a max level Mordecai) granting him health regen/damage dealing bonuses/damage reduction so that he can survive most close range onslaughts, early on he's really vulnerable with only his massive HP total to keep him afloat. Brick is most easily played when you've already been through the game before and know what to expect at every turn.

So, yeah. I suggest either Mordecai or Roland depending on your play style. Roland for more run and gun, Mordecai for sniping.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 pm

I would say it doesn't really matter. That's the point of the game right? being able to build your character to your liking and playing style. You can not fully customize any character any way but I think there is enough level of freedom for most people. At least until you get to level 60ish then pretty much everyone is similar because everything is maxed out.

Its just starting out with some characters takes more effort than others but after about level 10 you start building it to your playing style and get into some of the better choices and then as you play your character grows.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I guess that you're right Revv. Anyway I have ended up going with Mordecai, will keep you posted as to how well it goes and if I get stuck etc...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 am

You can't actually max everything at 60... Think its 70, of the people that mod that get maxed out tottally.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 am

I miss my Mordecai, lost him at Lv. 53 when my file went corrupt Sad

Lillith is pretty cool though, I'm playing as her this time around.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm

So I guess nobody wants to play Borderlands anymore.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

No I'm currently playing it in between Need For Speed: Hot pursuit and Black Ops. My Mordecai is currently a level 24.

Has anyone else come across glitched weapons, I searched google and couldn't find anything about hacked weapons on the PS3. Anyway I was hosting an online public game because I like being able to talk and chat with other people while playing. One of the guys who joins is a level 69 and drops this shield which has 2 billion damage points, is worth $9999999, fast healing and effectively makes you invincible.

So I know have one in my possession but I don't like to use it because it is so epicly cheap, but I was wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen, it kinda ruined the game for me to be honest because now it constantly heals my health even if I'm not wearing it. I have tried selling it and dropping it in another area then leaving the area but to no avail.

Borderlands is quite fun though, however it does get a bit boring as I have a HEAP of quests which are all trivial difficulty which you can just walk through.

That's one thing I don't like about Borderlands, the quests are either waaay to easy or friggin impossible and you do like 2 damage to enemies, there doesn't seem to be any in between. Which is a same because I like a challenge. It is still fun though just annoying how this seems to be the case.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

what lvl quests are you doing?
the beginning of the game is pretty easy, it gets harder though. Also, play moxxies underdome. that dlc is retarded. you get bonus point for building your character, but its so time consuming, and hard. plus you get no xp for kills. the weapon drops are meh as well. the bank is probably its only redeeming factor

me and dingo had a problem once with guys using modded guns too.
my advise: if you see suspicious stats, dont pick it up if someone dropped it.

for exmple if someone drops you a jacobs gun that does elemental damage, it's fake. No Jacobs brand weapon in the game does elemental damage because their base damage is so high.
you could get rid of that shield by joining an online game and pssing it off, no?

i never licked rolland. tech tree is no fun. lilith is cool and same with mordecai

what kind of medecai build you going for?
mine was similar to this when i got to lvl 50
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the rogue tier 2 can be changed. i wanted the health, but reload is probably a good thing to spec as well

trespass ability is a godsend later in the game when enemies have high shields. the issue is that elemental damage still has to work through shields. only base damage is done directly to health. its still really good. especially with "jacobs" guns
smirk helps a lot with lvling. once your maxed you can respec to free up those points
i wasnt really a fan of the gunslinger tree because you dont find that many good pistols early in the game. plus snipers are way more BA. You can quickscope like its no ones business in this game Razz
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:59 pm

FlightOfGrey wrote:
Borderlands is quite fun though, however it does get a bit boring as I have a HEAP of quests which are all trivial difficulty which you can just walk through.

That's one thing I don't like about Borderlands, the quests are either waaay to easy or friggin impossible and you do like 2 damage to enemies, there doesn't seem to be any in between. Which is a same because I like a challenge. It is still fun though just annoying how this seems to be the case.
Are you doing the quests as they become available, or focusing on the main questline and going back?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:07 pm

I've been playing my other games and I jump around a lot. Sometimes I'm in a Borderlands mood, sometimes I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:48 am

^Ditto^
New games, plus what I'm in the mood for. Getting a large influx of games this Christmas so probably won't be back to borderlands in a while unless directly asked.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:06 am

I swapped my copy of Borderlands and Mirror's Edge for the GOTY edition of Borderlands today. Scored that for about 22 bucks. Basically got that just for the 3 sets of DLC I was missing, so 3 sets of DLC for around 20 bucks isn't so bad. I'm still wanting to the Major Challenges in the Underdome.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm up for some Borderlands if I bring it with me when I'm at a friends house.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:50 pm

If you catch me on Static send me a message. Chances are I'll hop on for some Borderlands.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:11 am

kk
Back to top Go down
mossy_oak01
Fourth Nation
mossy_oak01

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:15 am

I still need to finish up General Knox and Claptrap Revolution. Send me an xmb if you want to do some BL. I mainly use Brick but I have a profile for all of them some at various levels.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Origin
First Nation
First Nation
Crimson Origin

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:24 pm

I am always willing to play some borderlands Very Happy= :D I dont remember my level but I know its near the 50-60 range. <3 Mordacai btw...His volcano sniper is amazing.

Btw, Did anyone else notice that you can now buy and download the actual Borderlands game through the PSN now!? Literally purchasing and downloading the game...Cant imagine the download time for that Razz Also, its priced at $35 i believe. No expansions included
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top