Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

What is your favorite weapon?
Carbine
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 10 ]
Bullseye
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Marksman
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Deadeye
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Mutator
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Atomizer
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Shotgun
Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Resistance 3 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Resistance 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:25 pm

After reading a breakdown of the details of the teaser trailer I have come up with my own theory. He goes

So at the end of R2 hale dies, He really dies (meaning he ain't coming back) and with Hale's death comes the end of the resistance as we knew it. Humans no longer have any chance to stand up and fight against the Chimeran forces. They take over Earth completely. Some time after the Chimera's victory over the humans, there are very few living humans, amongst a world filled with Chimera there are very few human survivors left. (imagine Zombie Apocalypse with Chimera instead of zombies) The few surviving humans hear word that what little hope there is left is in New York, they just need to get there.

Based on the trailer there are some hints that
-chimera have taken control
-very few humans still alive
-they are in st louis and trying to head to new york
-it takes place after 1960
-has a very zombie Apocalypse feeling to it

EDIT:@six hale has blonde hair not black
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:46 pm

nobody wrote:

EDIT:@six hale has blonde hair not black

In the videos for the ARG that IG released in the website of Project Abraham Hale had black hair. He had shaved his hair anyway in the game. I mean, if they would have created him blonde, they would have made the videos with a blonde guy. Also that group picture (below) is the one that appears also in the game when he looks at it, and he has dark hair there. I think in game sometimes is the effect of the really short hair and the scalp being seen through. Imo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I keep my initial theory:

The towers were activated and teletransported Earth to another galaxy. Earth was like a ship for the Chimera. They used it centuries ago to run away from their enemies, thay later returned to their planet which was still at war. With the dead of many of their species at the hand of that other alien species, they run away for the second time and "recruited" more chimeras in order to increase their numbers and create an army. They wanted that weapon not to destroy Earth but to destroy that other enemy. When Hale dies (or not), you can see a planet half destroyed, I think that is the original Chimera planet. They are at war, now they have another base (Earth) and an army to fight again. Earth will be in the middle of this battle. We might have not one but two enemies (unless we take sides with the other one). In my theory, Hale also survives that bullet and fights against that 3rd enemy because he is part Chimera and his nature talks him to, so he will be at our side but not as a a great buddy but as someone that follows his instict against a bigger enemy and leaves us alone only because he is interested in doing so. Then at the end he stays in that other planet as a ruler (since he can communicate, destroy or control the other Chimera) and Earth is teletransported back to our galaxy. Capelli will be with him but as human, and when he returns back with Earth to our Galaxy he destroys the towers so the planet cannot be activated again.

Thinking Yeah, that is. Clear as mud.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Courtesy Draicus at MyRes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Well...I guess that is Capelli then. Tell Draicus I said kudos on the find.

Well, Capelli was obviously going to be a major character in R3. Looks like he may actually be the main character...If that is actually the case, I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Most defintely Capelli. Thinking

That's ok, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Capelli was an interesting character in R2. I look forward to seeing what IG does with him in Resistance 3.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
Capelli was an interesting character in R2. I look forward to seeing what IG does with him in Resistance 3.
I wonder how his personality changes from the beginning of R2 to the beginning of R3. You started seeing it kind of shift at the end of R2 with the "Sir, it's been an honor."

I hope they don't turn him into a completely virtuous guy, but I definitely don't want the bitchy anti-hero that he was for the majority of R2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 pm

That's what I had been saying earlier. Capelli had had a massive problem with superior officers, including Hale, throughout his time in the military. However, you can definitely see a turn of heart as the end of R2 drew near. While I don't see him being a virtuous person as you described, it would not suprise me to see him much more humble in Resistance 3.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
That's what I had been saying earlier. Capelli had had a massive problem with superior officers, including Hale, throughout his time in the military. However, you can definitely see a turn of heart as the end of R2 drew near. While I don't see him being a virtuous person as you described, it would not suprise me to see him much more humble in Resistance 3.
I'd definitely like that. Some of the cocky attitude could remain, but not enough to make him outwardly obnoxious.

At least Capelli has an in depth personality that we're familiar with and we're not starting over anew with some random guy a la Call of Duty or some blank slate a la Halo.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
RatchetH22 wrote:
I wonder how his personality changes from the beginning of R2 to the beginning of R3. You started seeing it kind of shift at the end of R2 with the "Sir, it's been an honor."

I hope they don't turn him into a completely virtuous guy, but I definitely don't want the bitchy anti-hero that he was for the majority of R2.
I think it was more a matter of him actually respecting hale towards the end. meaning that attitude would for the most part be reserved for when speaking to hale not most people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:38 am

RatchetH22 wrote:

Well to follow nobodys theory, a guy with no care for authority possibly is just what is needed in "survival" America.
This game has definitely become more interesting. A part of me still hopes Hale is about somewhere. Such a shame to kill off a main character like that. I suppose if developer would do that and could get away with it, it would be Insom.

The scar. I forgot about the dang scar. Thanks E. And to D. Definitely clears that up.

My excitement increases for this game each day now. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 am

Six wrote:

Well to follow nobodys theory, a guy with no care for authority possibly is just what is needed in "survival" America.
This game has definitely become more interesting. A part of me still hopes Hale is about somewhere. Such a shame to kill off a main character like that. I suppose if developer would do that and could get away with it, it would be Insom.

The scar. I forgot about the dang scar. Thanks E. And to D. Definitely clears that up.

My excitement increases for this game each day now. bounce

I still have no doubt that Hale will return in some form in Resistance 3. Now, though, I'm starting to feel as if he will indeed be the villain as opposed to the hero. As for Capelli, I still believe he has gained some form of respect for authority after the end of Resistance 2. Earlier in the game in Bryce Canyon he was absolutely pissed with Hale for pulling a rescue so risky to his health and the health of SRPA soldiers. At the end of the game, however, he discovers that Hale was not doing it for himself. Hale was saving Malikov in hopes of bettering off mankinds chances for survival. Capelli fully realizes that Hale is sacrificing himself for humanity. This is what probably fully humbles Capelli, hence is complete change of attitude in the last few levels of the game (I first noticed the change in Holar Tower). Did you notice how Capelli did the best he could to help Major Blake, X-Ray squad, and Hale in Chicxulub Crater? Or perhaps the line "Good to see you Major" in Cocodrie, Louisiana after Hale and Blake meet back up with him at the Hornet. Capelli followed every order and then some at the end of the game, which is why I firmly believe he has become a much better person after the ending of Resistance 2.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 am

Why no one is mentioning the fact that suddenly there is a broken planet and other weird stuff around Earth? scratch

No one thinks there is a 2nd species there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:35 am

Seyel wrote:
Why no one is mentioning the fact that suddenly there is a broken planet and other weird stuff around Earth? scratch

Those are likely "dead" planets. However, I have a feeling that the "they" Daedalus was referring to will make an appearance in R3.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:49 am

I remember that in some documents it is said that the Chimera was at war with other species. That is why I assumed that the broken planet could be the original Chimera planet. And if that is the case, the fact that we suddenly are there could only be explained if Earth had "fast travelled" there, which is where I think that the towers play the role. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am

Thinking Its the Koalas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 am

Seyel wrote:
I remember that in some documents it is said that the Chimera was at war with other species. That is why I assumed that the broken planet could be the original Chimera planet. And if that is the case, the fact that we suddenly are there could only be explained if Earth had "fast travelled" there, which is where I think that the towers play the role. Thinking

The Chimera were indeed at war with another species. The tower at Chicxulub was the main tower on Earth, and when the third species destroyed it, the Chimera were wiped from the planet. As for the towers, Malikov theorized that the towers could teleport objects through space. When the majority of the towers were activated, the Chimera were able to teleport Earth to, assumably, its original position in space.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:11 am

Your an original position in space!

Telling you, it was the koalas... or the Honey Badgers... Definatly the Honey Badgers.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Am I the only one that liked Cappelli's attitude at the beginning of the game?

Seyel wrote:

probably because it wasn't included in the trailer
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:12 pm

No way dude, its kangaroos. I mean, think about it. They run really fast. They punch really hard. They can be sneaky bastards, or they can bull rush you IN THE FACE. And those pouches? GUNNER PLACeMENTS. What do think the little roos are for? And I bet that they could store asstons of ammo in there. Seriously guys. KANGAROOS BE BITCHIN.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:14 pm

interview with red price [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

not much of it is about R3, just this stuff

Quote :
What we’re going to see what from Ratchet & Clank and Resistance is going to be fresh

and

Quote :
I started asking about Resistance and asked why they have opted to debut the game via a live action trailer.
“That was really to set the tone; to give people a taste of what of what’s coming with Resistance,” he said. I asked whether this is something we can expect to see in the full game but, with a smile, was told that we’re not talking about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

You fools! It was I who destroyed the Chimera 100,000,000 years ago! After all, we all know that I am a Sony Executive from the future... Laughing

Which reminds me, save up your money for the PS15. It includes optical sensor arrays that accurately translates your brains neurotransponders into the game. That is all I can say, however.

And Nobody, I personally didn't like Capelli's attitude in the first part of Resistance 2. He seemed kind of whiny/pissy to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Its funny you say that ratchet

Did anyone notice the sign on the building that says
From the future on it?

Maybe thats some insight to the merging planets/worlds?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Or it is just hinting towards my part in destroying the Chimera? Cool

That is a good question though. Maybe it is just referring to the Chimera on whole? After all, most alien races can be somewhat referred to as "Futuristic" due to their technology compared to ours.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Six wrote:
Its funny you say that ratchet

Did anyone notice the sign on the building that says
From the future on it?

Maybe thats some insight to the merging planets/worlds?

or the one that was "Penquin: Cold Storage" ?

Resistance 3 - Page 2 811307
Back to top Go down

Resistance 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: