Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Game night request/announcement thread...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 am

I'm all for it, any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 am

Well March 22nd is the actual date..
And.
And.. It's on a Friday. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 am

Very Happy= :D
As I said, I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 am

Cel wrote:
Not sure if I'm in the correct place for this suggestion but here we go.
Shrug

Not really sure on how possible this will be to pull it off but as we all know, Our 4th Anniversary is coming up.
I was thinking maybe we could host a Game Night party in celebration?
I know we all aren't playing the same thing so that is why I thought I could bring this up now to give us some time to come together on a particular game.

Just an idea.

i nominate R2 like we all used to do easier game to make a large private lobby. . all for some mayhem on some of the map packs Smile Thinking
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 am

Id be up for that , I wouldn't be able to play till later at night because of work.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm

I plan on taking a day off work for my b-day night but I'm going to go in Friday and request for this night off as well.

Let's see how many are willing to participate and then nominate a game/games.

Thanks for the response guys. This is going to be so much fun. Kiss
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm in. I'll give my wife the nite off. I know there are some steam games that are absolutely free but Im not sure how it would work with a bunch of people. Mayhaps Cobalt, Azira or Nobody may have info/suggestions.
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm

I'd be up for that. My catalog is limited, but I'm sure I can manage.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Sounds good!!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:27 pm

rrwatch wrote:
I'm in. I'll give my wife the nite off. I know there are some steam games that are absolutely free but Im not sure how it would work with a bunch of people. Mayhaps Cobalt, Azira or Nobody may have info/suggestions.

Well, I know that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It doesn't require Steam, though that does make it easier to communicate since the in game chat is kinda crap. We usually just use Steam's voice chat.

That's the only one I know of that's free, fun, and open to a good-sized party. Maybe the others know more. Perhaps Mech Warrior? I know Nobody likes it. Razz And it's free. But I haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:05 pm

There's always team fortress 2 that's a free and fun game
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am

This is a good idea. And I think it would be cool if we are across consoles and titles. If we can keep it organized Im sure we can ensure that anyone who wants to participate can. And maybe through all forms if they want. Options are always good.
How in depth do we want to go? We can find a volunteer to take on the Steam group. One to hold down PS. etc. and just keep people informed through the thread here (or create one soley for the anny). We have FB to reach out to those in our group who dont visit here as often as they do there.

Lets make it a big thing I say. The anniversary only comes once a year and we have some time to plan.
Lets continue to put our heads together. Excited
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

jadedoblivion wrote:
There's always team fortress 2 that's a free and fun game
Find an empty Valve server and go crazy? Laughing

SixHousePull wrote:
This is a good idea. And I think it would be cool if we are across consoles and titles. If we can keep it organized Im sure we can ensure that anyone who wants to participate can. And maybe through all forms if they want. Options are always good.
How in depth do we want to go? We can find a volunteer to take on the Steam group. One to hold down PS. etc. and just keep people informed through the thread here (or create one soley for the anny). We have FB to reach out to those in our group who dont visit here as often as they do there.

Lets make it a big thing I say. The anniversary only comes once a year and we have some time to plan.
Lets continue to put our heads together. Excited
I think anyone can make announcements on the Steam group so long as they're a member... if not, I'll play with the permissions settings.

The anniversary is towards the end of March, right? My Spring semester ends in April, so the end of March gets kind of busy for me.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 pm

That's what I was thinking , its a goofy fps that every one can just have fun with.

Could probably set up a password server to prevent randoms from popping in
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm

I think you'd need a separate machine for that as well as the TF2 server tools for that. I'm not sure anyone has the know-how/resources/time to set that up here.

If randoms become an issue we could always find another empty server. We could always find one closest to people based on who's available to play at the time.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 pm

That would be the easiest soloution, finding a server with the max capacity to who we have would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 pm

... I can't play Team fortress on my Laptop... or Path of Exile... or any other PC game..
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Sad I don't think that will be all that is played jolli

For console games what about things like all stars , rock band , borderlands , call of duty, kill zone ( I think the multiplayer is a free download )
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 pm

jolli wrote:
... I can't play Team fortress on my Laptop... or Path of Exile... or any other PC game..

How about Alien Swarm? It's been free to play for ages now and I don't think it's as resource intensive as some other titles.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Game night request/announcement thread...   The Game night request/announcement thread... - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 6:41 am

Let's revive this guy. We have the technology!

Been thinking of trying to host a Hallows Eve Call to Arms weekend in Red Dead Online. PS4. It's double rewards while they have it active ( idk if that applies to normal cta as well) with an additional 2000 xp into the Halloween pass ranks if you complete all ten rounds once.

I  only got to try two of the maps which are new. Four new in total. Hit this topic if anyone is interested. I know we have a D2 raid team going in Sunday morning. But all of my Saturday night and most of Sunday is open so I can be at the ready when ever.

There's also a team vs team mode. Idk if that match makes so we might need a four man possee for that mode. Lmk
Back to top Go down

The Game night request/announcement thread...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top