Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Nah, that's ok. Which chapter is it in? After all, I don't want any spoilers whatsoever Smile
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Its right were Raistlin is, so I think you have a little ways to go.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:55 am

Good on ya to use code or spoiler tags hehe.

I'm sure i'll understand after and be all like....OOOOHJHH!!! thats what he meant!!! hehe.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

I don't know about that. I'm completely lost.

Nananana
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:50 am

Thats cause your like the empire of RPG games, your characters just look at an enemy and they get leveled up to 9000!
Suspect
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:00 am

Don't I wish!! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Dahaka is a fun fight. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:27 pm

It's more fun in Prince of Persia 2! Laughing

Yeah, that's the one that made me have to go back and level up. Spend hours grinding those Pulsework robot things. Also the first thing that made me put levels into a weapon, though to be honest it didn't really help as much as the added stats.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Dahaka is the flying japanese mask thing innit?
I thought it was easy...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:49 pm

I had avoided fighting like the plague that chapter. As a result I also got stuck on the miniboss robots in the tunnels.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Miniboss robots in the tunnels? scratch

The Juggernauts? 'Cause I haven't beaten one of those yet. It'll happen with time I guess.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Not so much minibosses as they were unavoidable fights. Boxed Phanlanxes or some such. Accompanied by 2 to 4 Pulsework Soldiers, but can call in 6 more.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Okay, so I just finished Chapter 8, at Nauticus.

Anyone who has played that part knows what happened.

I cried Sad

I've also noticed that the Crystarium is starting to take a LOT of CP just to get one new node. I mean, seriously, 1000 cp is pretty steep just to get +10 hp Neutral (Let me guess, the amounts get even more ludicrous as I level up?)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Very good guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Well, I have something to look forwards to Suspect

How many levels are there per role, by the way? I'm taking a look at the trophies and their like, "Master the Commando Role" etc.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:47 pm

10 levels in the Chrystarium. The last one doesn't unlock until you beat the last boss.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:06 pm

10 levels?!

I gotz a long way to go...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:33 pm

That's okay, bud. Generally, by the time you unlock a new level you will have gotten all the exp you were supposed to. Provided you don't dodge fights a lot. Like some people. (Wait, why am I taking that tone with me? scratch )
Except for level ten, of course. By the time I stopped I had mastered all three of my primary roles for everyone, as well as one secondary I think. Maybe two. After a while it all ran together. I had done all the story and perhaps two thirds of the missions. If you plan to beat them all then you'll be fully maxed long before you're done. In fact, you'll be done while you're still grinding for materials to improve your weapons so you can actually fight them.

And if you thought 1,000 CP was a lot for 10 HP... pale Laughing
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:35 pm

How to win in this game: FIGHT EVERYTHING THAT WON'T KILL YOU.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:59 pm

I do this in every FF. That way usually you don't have to grind AS MUCH as if you run from a lot of the fights. Makes a lot of the boss battles easier sometimes.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:32 am

I used to be really bad about the disappearing act. I would hardly fight anything if it got even a little risky. Stick to Large Rats and Giant Spiders, leave the dragons alone. Let's just say I ended up with a very effective Chocobuckle skill in FFVII. lol
Then one day it occurred to me, "You know, all the fighting you don't do you always make up for before a boss."
Shocked Embarassed
Now I hardly run from anything. My Chocobuckles are always 0. Cool
I think in XIII it was some of the fights after first reaching the lowlands that made me shy away from combat.

Nerd points for anyone who can recall Chocobuckle, and tell me how to get it WITHOUT Googling.
Nerd
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:51 am

Thinking Enemy skill materia I think.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:23 am

On the right track. Smile But how exactly do you get it?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:36 am

Make the chocobo give it to you while using the lure, and another enemy skill... a death one I think. facepalm2 christ I need the game open in front of me to get the details right. Its like instinctive on the games.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 8 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:45 am

Ooo. So close. bounce
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Back to top