Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:52 am

...It weird I can still vaguly remember it after all this time. Going onto to google to check it out. Won't post any details though, I just wanna have a "Oooooh yeah moment."
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:01 am

?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:54 pm

I hate Bart. Evil or Very Mad

And now I need to hypergrind for CP, components, and anything else.
Ci'eth stone missions, here I come. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:55 am

Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 2010-05-13

hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:55 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

In other news, I'm taking a brief from this game to play Uncharted 2. Also, I'm at a slow point in the story (just running around doing Cie'th Missions during Chapter 11.) so it's not like a big deal or anything. Those giant dinosaur things scare me, though. I accidentally got in a fight with one... I died within seconds Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:58 am

The big giant wolly mammoth elephant things that look like they should be in a lord of the rings movie?
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah, exactly. I really want to just do the whole Legolas thing on them.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:37 am

Same. I thought feck it I'll see what happens.
You Died. facepalm2
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Wait until you fight the bigger ones.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

There are... BIGGER ONES?!

The ones I was watching were like they were straight out of Shadow of the Collusus Shocked
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm

UnicornCharlie wrote:
Yeah, exactly. I really want to just do the whole Legolas thing on them.

THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE!
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Anyone have any good grinding tips/areas? I'm at the point where I could go back to Cocoon and complete the game, but i want to explore pulse, do missions, and get stronger before I pound the rest of the stories face in.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:39 am

If you made it passed the point where you can return to Cocoon, then chances are you can take the rest of the story mode alright by not skipping too many fights between here and the end. Don't worry, once you get there and progress some more, you get the chance to return to Pulse at any time. I can't recommend you start the Great Grind that is the post game until...well, post game. The final level of the Chrystarium doesn't unlock until the last boss falls. You're then given the chance to save after the credits and dropped on the last save point.
I don't want to spoil anything for you, so if you'd care to wait, then tell me when you finish the game and I'll recommend a couple spots.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:08 am

Okay...fine. Razz

By any chance, do spots on Pulse open up only when you finish the campaign?
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:44 am

Ugh....still so far behind on this. RDR just came out and I just have too many going on the go right now. I wannt get back into this soo much!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:50 am

To be honest with ya I don't, having way more fun on RDR.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:23 pm

omega9 wrote:
Okay...fine. Razz

By any chance, do spots on Pulse open up only when you finish the campaign?
Not really, but without that final Chrystarium expansion, you wouldn't have the stats to survive. However, if you're talking about those red barriers you may have seen elsewhere, then those open when you defeat certain marks.
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:45 am

If I'm correct, you get the chocobuckle by manipulating the chocobo into using L4 Suicide.

And yeah the biggest mofo's in the game are called Long Gui.

16.5 million hp.

Their legs have 1 million each.

Not vulnerable to a pre-emptive strike.

Also, how the fudge do I get past Vanille's Eidolon?

*Edit* found monkey's post regarding this, just gonna grind like an absolute biatch to get past this.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:24 pm

So close! Alright, it's been a while so I guess I can give the answer.
Chocobuckle is obtained by finding a chocobo whose level is a multiple of 4, feeding it a Mimmet Green, then casting L4 Suicide. It'll counterattack with Chocobuckle.
This skill does 1 damage for every time you've run away.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm in Chapter 12 right now, it's getting pretty intense. Can't wait to see how the story plays out Very Happy= :D

Oh, and CP costs are much too high. Can I get a discount or something? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:58 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
So close! Alright, it's been a while so I guess I can give the answer.
Chocobuckle is obtained by finding a chocobo whose level is a multiple of 4, feeding it a Mimmet Green, then casting L4 Suicide. It'll counterattack with Chocobuckle.
This skill does 1 damage for every time you've run away.

So I stumbled on it by pure chance? Coz I only had one kind of greens on me at the time. Noice.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Tips for beating Hecatonchieres:
1. Keep Fang in Sentinel until the very end of the fight. This will keep Heca pounding on Fang, who can take many more hits than Vanille, and will reduce damage to her when she does get hit.
2. Start off Vanille as Saboteur, and put every debuff on Hundred Arms that she can.
3. Once this happens, immediately switch into medic and heal Fang. If you have to heal Vanille, use cura instead of cure, as this will also heal Fang and help fill the Gestalt bar. Only use cure on Vanille in emergencies.
4. Switch Vanille to ravager, and pound on Heca. If you haven't used Libra yet, use it now. It will allow you to auto attack Heca with effective attacks while allowing you to keep an eye on two things: the debuffs and Fangs health. Those two are the keys to winning.
5. When the debuffs begin to run out, immediately reapply them.
6. When Fangs health goes down, heal her.
7. At the very end, you can switch Fang to Commando to get that last bit needed to fill the Gestalt bar.

A. Give Fang accessories that increase her health and give her resistance to attacks, both physical and magical if able; give Vanille items that increase health, improve debuffs, and improve healing.
B. Hecas gauge is filled when Vanille racks up chain bonus's, weakens enemies, and heals allies.

Good luck. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah, Hecatonchieres was tricky. Especially considering Vanille was one of my least used characters. In fact, I never use her at all. Lightning, Fang and Hope for me Very Happy= :D

Ok, so just a question. In the Archytle Steppe, you know how theres that giant guy (I think he's a Fal' Cie) outside the borders of the south end of the map, and he looks like a combination of Shadow of the Collussus/God of War? And whenever you pick a mission from that circle of Cie'th stones and he blows smoke everywhere...

Yeah, whats up with him? I was talking to my sister and she thought that maybe I had to fight it pale
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Finish certain missions and you'll unlock an area called the Faultwarrens. It's here that you're given Titan's Trials. Missions 35-51. Yup, the big guy is none other than Titan. Fear not, you won't be fighting the giant himself, thank goodness. I mean, you SAW him eat an adamantoise. Shocked You'll be sent through a route of several rooms with two exits each, which become usable once you defeat the Mark in the room, though all eventually lead to the same place, Titan's Throne.
Depending on which route you go through it, on entering the last room, Titan drops an enemy in front of you. Defeat it, and you'll be placed back outside the Faultwarrens. Get through all routes (I think 6 trips minimum) and you'll fight the last and biggest Mark (for the Faultwarrens, anyway).
One of the rewards for one of the Missions is access to the Gilgamesh Weapons shop. It was after seeing the prices listed here for weapons I would need to buy, on top of the grinding to be done to upgrade them, that I stopped. Treasure Hunter just isn't worth it, imo.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Finally finished my grinding in the Steppe and had the same issues with Hecaton. Took me 4 tries of annoyance. You can only get that bar right within the last seconds....ugh....happily continuing now.... Smile
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII

View previous topic View next topic Back to top