Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:50 am

GGs last night thanks Street. Glad we finally got to hook up.

Prestiged again last night and went from level 0 to level 3 in one round! After a couple more I got to level 4 and got my classes back so can start again building up the attachments. Really bad round in Rust last night just after prestiging - my worst map and no good guns to shoot with!

I was happily playing TDM waiting for the new maps to appear, then Street pointed out to me that you have to go into a seperate start menu. What a stupid idea that is! Should be like R1 where they just got included in the cycle.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:29 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:
i was just on PSS (Playstation Store) and while i was looking for Operation Anchorage for FO3 (First DLC im buying to) it showed the Stimulus Package being around $21

is that right? 5 maps = $3 each = $15 not $21

Different Currency Rates. Its something like €13 here.
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:39 am

why cant they just have like one epically cool universal currency for the damn DLC? So then maybe the prices will stay at one, instead of a few bucks cheaper here, than somewhere else..
its epically annoying. spesh when googling it to see if its really worth gettin or not cuz theres like a gazillion.. maybe not that many.. but heaps of sites with diffo prices
it cheezes me off :/
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:49 am

@Jag: Sponge is in the US so he paid in USD. You're in Oz, so you pay in AUD. Liam's in Ireland, so he pays in Monopoly money euros, and I'm in the UK so they want to charge me in pounds sterling (though £10.99 seems to be about £1 more than I want to pay...)

@Street: I was hoping to shake the RWoTD out of the wood work...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:32 am

It bloody is monopoly money, with funny smelling coins that stink up your hands and are tiny, but the notes survive the spin cycle pretty handy.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:07 am

rant]Everyone I deal with at the store here barely uses money anymore. I swear, I get a hundred Debit/Credit cards through there a day. Sucks too. I mean, in a larger city I could see the need. You don't want to carry your money with you in case it got stolen. If a card gets stolen you can just cancel it. Fair enough.
But this town's population doesn't break 5,000. Crime is almost nil.
It really wouldn't hurt people to carry $20 dollars around in cash for little stuff throughout the day like soda or a snack instead of making everyone in line wait forever while the clerk runs a card. Plus, it costs the store money for every card they run.
In the end does it really matter? No. But it is darned annoying. [/rant
>.>
<.<
So...

How's them new maps? Smile
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:51 am

Expensive.
Back to top Go down
mossy_oak01
Fourth Nation
mossy_oak01

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:09 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
rant]Everyone I deal with at the store here barely uses money anymore. I swear, I get a hundred Debit/Credit cards through there a day. Sucks too. I mean, in a larger city I could see the need. You don't want to carry your money with you in case it got stolen. If a card gets stolen you can just cancel it. Fair enough.
But this town's population doesn't break 5,000. Crime is almost nil.
It really wouldn't hurt people to carry $20 dollars around in cash for little stuff throughout the day like soda or a snack instead of making everyone in line wait forever while the clerk runs a card. Plus, it costs the store money for every card they run.
In the end does it really matter? No. But it is darned annoying. [/rant
>.>
<.<
So...

How's them new maps? Smile

I do that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Kilmory wrote:
I was happily playing TDM waiting for the new maps to appear, then Street pointed out to me that you have to go into a seperate start menu. What a stupid idea that is! Should be like R1 where they just got included in the cycle.

GG's to you too Mory. I remember seeing that happen in that one game, you must be proud. But if they did put the new maps in the regular cycle then what would happen to the players who haven't downloaded them yet? They would have to get like kicked out or something.

TRVJAG1 wrote:
i was just on PSS (Playstation Store) and while i was looking for Operation Anchorage for FO3 (First DLC im buying to) it showed the Stimulus Package being around $21 is that right?

They're correct. The price for the MW 2 map packs for me is $14.99 USD. Must be the different exchange rates. Here in the states each of the Fallout 3 DLC's are $9.99 USD I believe.

eattheword wrote:
@Street: I was hoping to shake the RWoTD out of the wood work...

Really now...

scratch
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:09 pm

@whoever hasn't played COD4 yet...it's a damn good game, I'd recommend it. Campaign is short (same as MW2) but fun...and the COD4 servers are still up...no commando nubs!

I've heard (though I can't confirm....yet) that the new maps are in rotation in the "regular" game modes - a friend of mine told me he searched TDM and got *** RWoTD: it's Sponge's favourite map ***...not sure if it's true, but I hope so.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:16 pm

PiNeAppLe_eNiMa wrote:
@whoever hasn't played COD4 yet...it's a damn good game, I'd recommend it. Campaign is short (same as MW2) but fun...and the COD4 servers are still up...no commando nubs!

I've heard (though I can't confirm....yet) that the new maps are in rotation in the "regular" game modes - a friend of mine told me he searched TDM and got *** RWoTD: it's Sponge's favourite map ***...not sure if it's true, but I hope so.

It seems you have found the random word of the day PE. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:51 pm

^Win.
St orm?
cheers
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:58 am

DLING the map pack Cool
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:24 pm

PiNeAppLe_eNiMa wrote:

You know what? That actually sounds AWESOME! That & COD4 has my favorite mode--OSFFA. (^_-)b
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:31 pm

OSFFA?
Thinking
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:26 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
OSFFA?
Thinking

OldSchoolFFA

It's like RFoM, but COD4. Prolonged gun battles. Shooting the face rewarded. Corner campers get my balls on their faces for FREE. Weapon spawns. People running & gunning. Wow. Talk about great!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:06 am

I'd like to say it was fun playing with Dingo today but EVERY game was full of super soldiers with noob tubes. Oh, and that guy in Invasion who seemed to have unlimited Javelins. I couldn't kill anybody today. I was 1 for 12 before one game lagged out. Oh yes, did I mention the lag?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:40 am

Damn laggy super tubers made me mad. Spawn into death 15 times in a row.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:54 am

i think the double xp week has brought out the worst players

almost every game is non-stop tubing and super soldiers running everywhere.
im surprised i had any good games yesterday. i was in one lobby where every other guys there were just camping every map, i played 3 games with them and we didnt reach the score limit once; it was the most boring gameplay i have ever seen in my life. we played wasteland and there wasnt a kill for a good 2-3 mins
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:30 pm

I managed 9 for 0 yesterday in Quarry. Dingo and I were in the lag fest from hell. It got so bad Dingo left. The first 3 mins of the game I couldn't find a single enemy. Then I had a run of good luck.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:05 pm

GG's to everyone I played with today.

In other news: I HATE THIS GAME!!! I'm fed up with all the BS, and especially more fed up with my style of play that doesn't seem to want to improve while trying out all the tactics everyone's told me to do. If I didn't tel my cousin's boyfriend I'd let him borrow it I would be trading this thing in at GameStop tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:56 am

What will you be playing from now on, Street?
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:31 am

PiNeAppLe_eNiMa wrote:
I've heard (though I can't confirm....yet) that the new maps are in rotation in the "regular" game modes.

I can confirm this, had a run of the new maps yesterday. Damn good fun, but did seem to lend themselves to campers. I will have to play them a few more times to figure out how to flank them.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:34 am

Salvage can be a camp fest alright, Tight narrow corridors, but flanking or quick shooting can take care of that.
Some good games with six on Friday night. Think our score/K/D was pretty level a lot which was spooky to see.
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 19 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Liam wrote:
Salvage can be a camp fest alright, Tight narrow corridors, but flanking or quick shooting can take care of that.
Some good games with six on Friday night. Think our score/K/D was pretty level a lot which was spooky to see.

Yeah there are lotsa choke points on that map - I recommend camping the little steel structure thingy above Domination B - good spot in TDM or Objective games, you have a pretty clear view no matter which way they're coming from. Yeah yeah I said camp, but I haven't had much success trying to run n gun on that map - too many choke points, IMHO. I like *** RWoTD: it's Sponge's favourite map *** a lot, I usually do well on there with an UMP sticking to the upstairs areas, Bailout is pretty good but the spawns seem kinda odd there sometimes, and you seem to switch ends a lot.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top