Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:31 pm

N'apple wrote:
...and you seem to switch ends a lot.

Can I get a roll here, Mr. Sponge? Wink

Laughing
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:35 pm

PE needs to go claim his RWoTD....
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:57 pm

eattheword wrote:
What will you be playing from now on, Street?

Right now I'll be playing games I still need to get trophies in. I just bought Army of Two: The 40th Day so I'll be spending a bit of time playing that. I really enjoyed the first game and I'm liking this one so far. I'll still seldom play MW 2, but I'd be driving myself crazy playing it and only it all the time like everyone else seems to do. I'll probably more likely to play it more if I can get some type of improvement in my gameplay. Seems like everyone I play against or with is better than me at that game, and I get discouraged at finding myself at the bottom of the leaderboard game after game.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:51 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
I get discouraged at finding myself at the bottom of the leaderboard game after game.

Hey Street,

If you only get limited time to play, then you should play the games that make you happy. If MW2 isn't tickling your bits then it's time to move on.

What I would say though is you sound like you want to get better at MW2 and walking away from it means that when you return for infrequent games you will be even more rusty so enjoy it even less. Not sure of the way forward for you as you have done your homework and listened to all the advice on here, but it doesn't seem to be producing an improvement in your enjoyment of the game. That's what counts at the end of the day, I'm certainly no beast but I enjoy playing the game. Sure I have rounds that frustrate me, and players that I would happily never see again, but at the end of the session when I switch off my PS3 I am happier than when i switched it on. I long ago gave up on looking at my stats, it would only take away my enjoyment if I was chasing a 0.01% improvement in my K/D all the while. Taking a bit of a kicking in a round hurts less when you don't care about stats. Rather than worry about being a beast, you should analyse what you enjoy doing in a game and do more of it. In FoM I was rubbish at TDM so spent my time in FFA, in MW2 I prefer TDM to FFA for some reason, and I've not really tried other game modes as I'm happy doing what I'm doing.

I'm starting to ramble so I will shut up now.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:23 am

Yep. I don't really like Domination or S&D etc, so I tend to play TDM Express. Last week was not a good week for MW2 anyway as the noobs were out in force for double XP. I have never encountered scrubby play like I did this past week, so I'm keeping out of MW2 for a few more days until it settles down a bit. Sometimes I go 5 for 23, but I take enjoyment from the 9 for 8 or 10 for 11 rounds. Occasionally I get a 9 for 0 or a 23 for 7 or a 14 for 3 round and they really make me smile. It's like golf. I still really suck at the game but it lets me spend time with my dad and my brother and I'm slowly getting better. I'm learning to take joy in the 10 or so really good shots I make in a round and not to dwell on the 80 or so really poor shots I make.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:38 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
eattheword wrote:
What will you be playing from now on, Street?

Right now I'll be playing games I still need to get trophies in. I just bought Army of Two: The 40th Day so I'll be spending a bit of time playing that. I really enjoyed the first game and I'm liking this one so far. I'll still seldom play MW 2, but I'd be driving myself crazy playing it and only it all the time like everyone else seems to do. I'll probably more likely to play it more if I can get some type of improvement in my gameplay. Seems like everyone I play against or with is better than me at that game, and I get discouraged at finding myself at the bottom of the leaderboard game after game.
Hey Mr Street. You're not as bad a player as you think you are. I remember a couple of games we had over the weekend, and you were no way near the bottom of the board. Two games that I can think of you were up there. Try not to think of the negative games you have, and take some pride in the ones that you DO do well in. You take down the air stuff, and that's an important part to play in a TDM. I'm more than often at the bottom of the board, but hey, I don't mind. I'm playing with my clan mates and buddies and having a giggle. The more angry/frustrated you get at the game, the worse you will play.
IMO, this game isn't about how good you are, it's mainly about how good your connection will allow you to be. Kiss
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:39 am

And duel weilding UMPs with stopping power to get your revenge.
Back to top Go down
Wadofgore
Second Nation
Wadofgore

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:33 pm

GG's to Toxxy, Swami & Kerry today.

Chilled party y'all.....

Finally got my 2500 Javelin kill Title, just after a Domination on Overgrown in which I got a 5kill First blood by javying B....... mmmm schweet.....
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Just a heads up, not that anyone cares. Very Happy= :D I should be on today, tomorrow, and a lot this weekend. Bring it. Clap
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:11 pm

cant wait to for another target Jon Very Happy= :D

RF: I hit 1400 posts Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:32 am

Porky wrote:
I'm more than often at the bottom

I prefer it when you're on top Kiss
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:33 am

23 for 2 on Skidrow. Shocked

This just in: I HATE SUB-BASE. Someone needs to show me how to play TDM on that map.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:43 am

M4 with silencer pwns on that map for me.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:33 am

Jon1798 wrote:
Just a heads up, not that anyone cares. Very Happy= :D I should be on today, tomorrow, and a lot this weekend. Bring it. Clap

*Cares*

Jon-boy haz Mappity pack? Very Happy= :D

Sub base is a definite 'patrol' map... Pick the right weapon for the area you want to stick to and don't run around unless you really have to. Wink
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:46 am

Do you mean patrolling with tents, or patrolling with indoor slippers?
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:51 am

eattheword wrote:
23 for 2 on Skidrow. Shocked

This just in: I HATE SUB-BASE. Someone needs to show me how to play TDM on that map.

Play to your strenghts. Depending on my mood:-

Sniper at either end of the long stretch at the back, or prone on the roof top opposite the main areas. Thermal is your friend here as you can see into the dark tunnel and the two main rooms. Also, because of the metal all around you it is difficult for anyone to sneak up on you if you keep your ears open.

M16 + HBS, secondary shottie in the control room. HBS tells you where they are comming from, M16 if they come along the roof, shottie if they come up the stairs. Just be aware of snipers on the opposite roof so try and stay towards the back wall.

Same set up for glass office at other end of the roof. Rifle covers the opposite roof and anyone comming in the big hangar door, shottie if they try and sneak in the side door.

I normally do okay on this map with the above.

HTH
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:02 am

Wadofgore wrote:
GG's to Toxxy, Swami & Kerry today.
Chilled party y'all.....
Finally got my 2500 Javelin kill Title, just after a Domination on Overgrown in which I got a 5kill First blood by javying B....... mmmm schweet.....

Cool
Mr Javelin...
*giggles*
Very chilled party indeed!
we kinda work well together, Javelin speeds through the air..I run out in front of swammi... he gets the kill I get the assist.. & kerry saves me... cheers Laughing nah seriously was very fun, & for once the lag wasn't too bad, it even was in my favor once which makes a nice change... o.0
Received some interesting psn messages after playing that french clan... noobs...ya know that game where 3 out 4 deaths were due to noobtubes!
I answered them of course... they didn't expect french!
LMFAO
Bravo for the 23/2 the moose is a killer!
I hear you ETW, on sub base...
I have become very sneaky on that map now... claymore queen... scavenger & die on your own claymore package.. Wink again & again.. some just don't give up.. change the angle slightly & hide.
Yes I have come to terms with camping a lil, just enough to get my streaks going... scar silencer, hehe..
Shocked
New maps are a nice change, just playing them randomly, not in the stimulus package option as then you get HQ a LOT... Very Happy= :D

Cool
Eve I see you there & YOU will be the next target! Hiding behind Leo will not help you this time!
Laughing
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 811307
Hola Sensei
Kiss
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:35 am

Leo337 wrote:
Jon1798 wrote:

*Cares*

Jon-boy haz Mappity pack? Very Happy= :D

Sub base is a definite 'patrol' map... Pick the right weapon for the area you want to stick to and don't run around unless you really have to. Wink

I do not. Should I get it? I'm still so addicted to the normal playing, wasn't sure I needed a change.

I think the best thing with Sub Base is to stay high. Use claymores to cover your back and stay on the high outside parts of the board. At least that's generally where I've had the most success.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Kilmory wrote:
StreetxRacer13 wrote:
I get discouraged at finding myself at the bottom of the leaderboard game after game.

Hey Street,

If you only get limited time to play, then you should play the games that make you happy. If MW2 isn't tickling your bits then it's time to move on.

What I would say though is you sound like you want to get better at MW2 and walking away from it means that when you return for infrequent games you will be even more rusty so enjoy it even less. Not sure of the way forward for you as you have done your homework and listened to all the advice on here, but it doesn't seem to be producing an improvement in your enjoyment of the game. That's what counts at the end of the day, I'm certainly no beast but I enjoy playing the game.

Porky wrote:

Hey Mr Street. You're not as bad a player as you think you are. I remember a couple of games we had over the weekend, and you were no way near the bottom of the board. Two games that I can think of you were up there. Try not to think of the negative games you have, and take some pride in the ones that you DO do well in. You take down the air stuff, and that's an important part to play in a TDM. I'm more than often at the bottom of the board, but hey, I don't mind. I'm playing with my clan mates and buddies and having a giggle. The more angry/frustrated you get at the game, the worse you will play.
IMO, this game isn't about how good you are, it's mainly about how good your connection will allow you to be. Kiss

Thanks guys. Being the best MW 2 player and being towards the top of the leaderboards isn't my total aim, so I suppose I should care less when it comes to the stats. The main reason why I want to improve at the game is so I can complete the challenges. There are some really cool killstreak related call signs and emblems out there that I want to get, and calling in 50 Harriers or whatever is seemingly impossible when I can only manage to get about 2 kills in a row, let alone even 10 kills for the entire game. I don't mean to call anyone out, or to offend anybody, but I do get pretty discouraged when I see posts of people talking about how they went 15-0 or 25-4, and also seeing people call in like 4 harriers during games. I can't help but think "I wish that was me" and I get discouraged by that. But Mory to address what you said earlier since I haven't been having fun with MW 2 I've gone off to play other games. Now for what you said Porky, I suppose I do play some kind of an important part in the game when it comes to anti-air support. I guess it just goes overlooked by the people calling in harriers and their pave lows. Maybe after this week of working I'll catch you guys in MW 2 at some point.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:28 am

Leo337 wrote:
N'apple wrote:
...and you seem to switch ends a lot.

Can I get a roll here, Mr. Sponge? Wink

Laughing
THATSWHATSHESAID!

Am I too late?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:32 am

Never too late for Spongerolls. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 915210

@Jon, I think you would enjoy the new maps, they are well thought out and provide plenty of close quarter combat moments. Guns firing Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:13 am

Gore was telling me yesterday I need to get them too. I might get them this weekend when I should have some more time to play. Gracias.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:10 am

De nada. Wink

He knew that when I said 'Close quarter combat' I really meant 'Hiding behind a corner with the Heartbeat-sensor' didn't he? scratch

tongue
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Toxxy
Ninth Nation
Toxxy

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:15 am

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 886746
Bye
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 20 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:21 am

IMO, the new maps are a campers paradise. They've got B.B.Q'S, deckchairs and swing ball set up all over the place. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Porky on Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top