Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:09 am

Leo its easier to use the motion sensor to do the Hacker Pro challenge. If there 2 of yous doing the challenges have one with the jammer and one with the sensor.

Me got a triple kill with 1 shotty blast tonight on Array. Me jumped out from behind a corner thinking there was only one guy coming but there was heaps and me did the panic shot and run and to me amazement got 2 headshots and 1 normal kill from 1 blast

Me will be uploading vid later today after me wakes up.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:47 am

Six wrote:
Leo_337 wrote:
You don't have to be in the area to complete the challenge, do you? scratch
A good question. idk. I want to say you do though. No real reason I say that.

You don't have to be, but you enemy does. I think the challege is kill the enemy within range of your jammer/sensor. I just put mine at the top of some stairs and went to the end of the corridor. Enemy would come up and go for the sensor as they would see it first, then I would just pick them off.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:36 am

Liamcifer wrote:
Ice camo is blue?
White with a blue tint. Since I added another layer to my playercard (a solid red background) it should show up better. Might try that, Wadey. Just buy the Square shape, put it in Layer 1, then make it bigger until it fills the whole background.
Won't help the tag though.
Shrug

I use the Jammer for Hacker Pro because it's radius is bigger. I've decided to use Fight's tactic of picking up the thing and taking it with me rather than trying to pick a good spot. It's a bit riskier, and works best when there's already a spy plane in the air so I know how much time I have to drop it. Plus, when the static hits them all at once, they think a counter spy plane it up instead of thinking you're right next to them.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:44 am

Arg stupid ghost pro is taking me forever because of the stupid sentry turrent challenge. Ive only seen about two ingame, I heard one drop last night but the game ended before I could find it. The other one was placed in a corner so I threw a sticky at it but at the last second a guy ran in front of it and took the sticky in the face. Angry :angry: At least I got a kill haha. I have everything else, just need that elusive Turrent. Gonna try again this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:53 am

I've decided to just ignore Ghost completely until such a time as I decide to stop prestiging. Royal pain in the neck to do once, sure as heck not going to do it again. Sentry Guns are just too few and far between. Mad
I just wish its non-pro version hid you from choppers like cold blooded used to. I don't have a dedicated Anti Air class I can switch to anymore. Makes those stupid Chopper Gunner streaks suck even more.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Leo_337 wrote:
Vanilla, I think... Thinking

Yesterday was pretty lag-filled for me, except for about half an hour around 4-ish... Got a couple of good games in there. Smile A lot of posts on the forums point to it being Treyarch's software causing the problems... Maybe they'll fix it, maybe not.. Sad

i have just upgraded my net so to eliminate as much of the lag from my end we will see

I'm still working this jammer thingy for my Hacker-pro... I'm torn between dropping it in a building and patrolling with the Shotty, or dropping it outside and FAL-ing out from cover. You don't have to be in the area to complete the challenge, do you? scratch

i used jammer and after 3 matches in a row on firering range i had it
did not matter where you put it on that map here is always people in the versinaty to kill
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:25 pm

nyah, I hate my claymores :c. All I ever get is hit markers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:46 pm

That happens a lot when people use Lightweight. They just run right passed and ignore most of the damage. The trick to still catching them is to put the claymores in corners at an angle. For example, one of my favorite spots on Firing range is in the two story metal building in the middle. On the ground floor, back into the corner between the two doors and plant it. The people coming in the lower door catch it because the can't get away in time. The people coming in the other door are slowed down a bit because they have to turn for the stairs, so this gives your claymore enough time to go boom.
Just one example, of course. Always just try to angle it a bit no matter where you plant them. Makes a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Leo, I got that challenge for Hacker Pro in just 2-3 matches:

Go to Domination, put your device around the "flag/base" thing. Just defend the objective as usual. I do not know the jammer, I used motion sensor for that challenge as it also helped me see where they were coming from. Anyway, they needed to be within the area where the device took effect.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks for the advice, all... Hacker Pro turned up this weekend and I wasn't particularly going for it anymore, I just noticed I had the Jammer on my class so I dropped it and went about my bid'ness. Guns firing

I LoL'd at my chance to get the Sentry challenge for Ghost, having just got Hacker Pro I immediately hacked the Sentry rather than destroying it. facepalm2

GG's last night, people... Twas teh funzies. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:37 am

How well does Hacking things with pro work?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 am

Really good if you know how to sneek around and not get caught.

Got into a lolable convo with a kid tonight. Apparently killing the whole team he was on was enough for him to in good words "Complain" non stop calling me everything possible. At the end of his little verbal burst me decided to do what me normally does and said "Why yes l am gay and have a boyfriend" he did that little noise when you have no comeback and left
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 am

omega9 wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to find out... As soon as I hacked the Sentry I got shot, then I respawned, took about three steps and the game ended. Laughing

I was looking for some Mingoey goodness in my Blops theater yesterday and discovered that there wasn't any, I haz no Mingo on my list. Sad

What account do you play on now, bro? So I can add you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 am

Me on me main one still. IDK if me theatre is working right as it wont show me clips on COD site.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:34 am

Dingo wrote:
Me on me main one still. IDK if me theatre is working right as it wont show me clips on COD site.

It takes a while for the clips to show up on the site, however I would recommend you link your youtube account, if you do so then the clips will be instantly uploaded to your youtube channel after you render them (as long as they fit the criteria of uner 30sec) and you can control them which is much easier.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:36 pm

omega9 wrote:
Works wonderfully for me.
Hacking time leaves you vulnerable, but it's not too bad. Think halfway between picking up your care package and picking up an enemy care package. That's about how long it takes. Just try to make sure no one's around before you try it.
Was really lucky the other day and hacked a sentry from in front of it. Shocked Ran around a corner on Crisis and there was one set up in the mouth of the tunnel. No time to back track, so I dove at it, landing just short in front of it, and fully expecting to die anyway. Didn't. Just crawled right up and hacked it. What's great was that an enemy walked by me. i guess that thought that since I was lying in front of it, I must be dead. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 pm

Urg....I hate it when I get into a one on one against someone with the same weapon and same attachments, get the first shot off, get like, 5 hitmarkers, and not kill them, then they somehow kill me in 2 shots.

I hate you sometimes Treyarch :c
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Such are the perils of online play.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:34 pm

With hacker pro, can you change an enemy claymore friendly?
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

i thought that it was hacker you could do it...
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

No, only Hacker Pro does so. And yes you can hack enemy claymores
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:26 am

Sweet, ima going to try it.

I guess you have to approach from behind it or it will still blow you up?
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 am

if i hak sentry gun does it now get kills for me
i try and hak stuff and and it always gets destroyed .
do i have a choice to hak and make it mine or to destroy it ?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:39 am

Approach from behind something you want to hack, then it should give you the prompt to press and hold SQUARE to hack it. If you don't think you have time, or would just rather take it out, then you'll have to destroy it like you normally would, melee attack or shoot it.

@Killy, Yup. Half the time you can't get to them without going far out of your way, or wasting a flashbang, so I usually end up just shooting them instead.

Had a sweet moment tonight. Three guys on the opposing team dropped their care packages in one spot. I suspect they were trying to Hardline switch them as a team. Should've remembered where they were... The Jungle is monkey territory.
'monkey'
a teammate traded kills with one guy, while I took down the other two. Snagged two SAM turrets and nearly got the third package too before someone came back for revenge. Still, I left them with a couple of parting gifts. Two booby trapped crates.
The dual SAM turrets took out several other streaks too. Sentry Gun and Valkyrie crate droppers among them.
Much hatred of me was had by the enemy team, I'm sure. Cool

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:45 am

i tried to hak a couple of sentry guns and they got destroyed .
maybe i was unlucky and a team mate knifed them from behind me idk
next time i will have to watch the replay
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top