Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:14 am

Thanks Monkey, that's really helpful Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:16 pm

wadey wrote:
i tried to hak a couple of sentry guns and they got destroyed .
maybe i was unlucky and a team mate knifed them from behind me idk
next time i will have to watch the replay

Destroyed or disappeared?

If the enemy team mate who equipment you are hacking is killed, his stuff disappears.
You may have been in the process of hacking, but someone killed the guy.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:59 pm

So here's my main loadouts (Note, the third one I'm going to add soon)

Loadout 1: Famas w/Red Dot/Dual Mag
Perk 1: Ghost,
Perk 2: Warlord
Perk 3: Hacker
Lethal: Frag
Tactical: Flash
Equipment: Claymore

Loadout 2: AK-74u w/Grip/Dual Mag

Loadout 3: AUG w/ Silencer or Dual Mags
Perk 1: Hardline
Perk 2: Steady Aim
Lethal: Semtex

I know needs some more variety, but I want to know if anything there explains why I see to lose every one on one even when I get the first shot off.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:18 am

Six wrote:
If the enemy team mate who equipment you are hacking is killed, his stuff disappears.
You may have been in the process of hacking, but someone killed the guy.

Is this the case for Sentry Guns? I thought they hung around after you had died.

How gutted would you be if you had spent ages hacking a piece of equipment for it to dissapear as you walked away? lol
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 am

Static-Star1 wrote:

I know needs some more variety, but I want to know if anything there explains why I see to lose every one on one even when I get the first shot off.

1.do you suffer from much lag?this can explain why you lose 1v1 a lot

2.when you go into a 1v1 do you stand still? if so this will make you a sitting duck and easy to kill.
as you start shooting move sideways at the same time as you shoot your enemy will miss a few hits on you as long as you
keep your cross heir over him you will come out on top .best place to practice that is in combat training just
put the difficulty up .if you dont put it up the test dummys will be to easy to kill and you wont go in
to many 1v1s so make the difficulty high.
you could also through in a jump or a duck it can put your enemy off giving you the edge and the kill.
3.when you go around corners always be looking down the sight not from the hip .shooting off the hip you will lose often
This is my assault riffle class i use and i do ok.

AK47+extended mags
cross bow (is hard but fun)
perks.
1.scavenger pro
2.hardened pro
3.hacker pro

Semtex
flash
claymore

this what i use i am not an awesome player but i can get 15-20 kills a match with out getting any killstreaks
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:34 am

When you hack a Sentry gun, it drops forward like you've destroyed it but then it becomes one of your defenses, acting just as if you've placed it there yourself. Wink When someone destroys it after that you hear, "The enemy have destroyed your Sentry gun!"

GG's Seyel and Evey last night, after we got out of those ridiculous Uber-camp-noob-tube-fest Demolition matches. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 am

wadey wrote:
Static-Star1 wrote:

1.do you suffer from much lag?this can explain why you lose 1v1 a lot

2.when you go into a 1v1 do you stand still?

1: Yes, I do

2: No, I usually crouch then go prone usually just cause that makes me gets headshots all the time for some reason
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:34 am

Always be on a random movement path when faced with a target.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:50 am

Much easier to do when you're drunk Very Happy= :D

I drink so I can be random! Sometimes I'm so random I just giggle rather than duck and weave.

Trouble is it also means I'm usually deciding which of the two blurred targets to aim at.

It also makes me much happier if I can blame alcohol rather than lag for my terrible gaming performances.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 am

I'm good against groups. Or with them. Whichever makes me sound more perverted.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

The latter Lesus!
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:09 am

That one then.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:10 am

Dirty minx..

I have decided to quit trying MP and stick with Zombies until further notice.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 am

When is R3 out? Thinking

Please let it be better than this.
Back to top Go down
MegaCereal
New in the Nation
MegaCereal

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:30 am

Finally completed the story last night and likes the map 5 a lot more than the other one. Online is ok, I don't suck as much as in MW2, still have a positive KDR, but that is sure to change very soon and I'll stay in zombie mode like Sponge, unless I have some friends who want me in a party with them.

Kilmory wrote:
When is R3 out? Thinking

Please let it be better than this.

Maybe they will announce something during the VGAs on Spike Saturday cause they have that preview thing, but my guess is fall 2011. Though I hope I'm wrong and it comes out earlier...

But I think they will have a live demo at E3 like they did for R2 and say it will be out in the fall.

Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 am

In old MW2 news today: TDM in Favela with M16 + Claymores = 25 for 4. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Shocked
Good job Eat!!!!

Eattheword: Still pwning newbs since 2009.
cheers
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Don't worry, I'm getting BOps for Christmas so my normal crappy performance will be resuming soon.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Laughing
lol, it just takes a few weeks to get use to this game, not for me, but for others I've heard.
Puzzled
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 pm

What's everyones killstreak set up?

Mine is right now Spy Plane/Care Pack/Attack Helo

even though I've been considering going Spy Plane/Black Bird/ Gunner
any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
So here's my main loadouts (Note, the third one I'm going to add soon)

Loadout 1: Famas w/Red Dot/Dual Mag

Loadout 2: AK-74u w/Grip/Dual Mag

Loadout 3: AUG w/ Silencer or Dual Mags
Perk 1: Hardline
Perk 2: Steady Aim
Lethal: Semtex

One thing, why use ghost without a silencer? Doesn't that semi defeat the point of ghost and being invisible on the enemy map? Personally on my ghost classes I always have a silencer on the primary weapon anyway.

Another, for your loadout 3, try sleight of hand instead of steady aim, the assault rifles are quite accurate and in my opinion don't need steady aim when hip firing. Using sleight of hand also, when you get the pro version, helps you to aim down the sights better which may help you in your 1 on 1 encounters and give you the edge you need.

I would also recommend using decoy instead of flash as it proves to be useful in diverting attention from where you are and I found that when I used them I would often be killed during the animation of the character throwing the grenade. But this is your choice as flashes are also useful for deactivating enemy equipment... so it's up to you, but you could try it it's what I prefer.

Also try using motion sensor instead of claymore, sure claymore gets you a free kill, but the motion sensor helps you a lot for as long as you are alive. I would highly recommend it, once I found how useful it is I have never gone back to the claymore. One thing I would do is set it up a little distance from where you are, because people with hacker often assume that people camp around them, so I tend to stay within sight so someone trying to destroy it is easy to get to while they are distracted destroying it.

Static-Star1 wrote:
What's everyones killstreak set up?

Mine is right now Spy Plane/Care Pack/Attack Helo

even though I've been considering going Spy Plane/Black Bird/ Gunner
any thoughts?

I tried the attack dogs, the helicopter pilot and chopper gunner as my top kill streaks with a collection of other kill streaks before hand. I found that the chopper gunner was the best kill streak to use out of the high end ones, because while the helicopter pilot may net you a few more kills the copper gunner takes two less kills to achieve, the only problem which may make dogs better is that fact that you can't always use it if there's another helicopter in the sky, so you may miss the opportunity to use it but again the dogs are an extra two kills to get.

The kill streaks that I ended up using were spy plane, black-hawk and chopper gunner. The spy plane so it helps out your whole team and you're getting something quite often which helps you get to the higher killstreaks. Then the black-hawk, I haven't quite decided what I like doing, saving it for after you get and use the chopper gunner or using it to help you get the chopper gunner. If I do use it before, then I don't use the chopper gunner till the black-hawk runs out so I can make the most of it. If I use it after I have use the chopper an depending on the amount and score left in the game, I either use it instantly or save it for the next life to help you get easy kills on your next life to get the kill streak rewards again.

Doing this strategy with those kill streaks by the end of the night I was having some amazing games, Looking back at my past 10 games played kd graph not one of the games were under a 3.5kd. So I thought I would share it with you guys, just my opinion though.

Another set of kill streaks I like to use it the three care packages, SAM turret, care package and the sentry gun. Using them with hardline pro which lets you swap the contents of the care packages for a chance of something else (if you want to know the percentages check one of my earlier posts in this thread), this works quite well as you get a reasonable amount of good kill streak rewards each time which makes it worth while. The only thing I don't like about doing this is that if you get killed then the enemy or a team mate could take them all, which we all know sucks so bad.

Anyway those are my current kill streak strategies and it's helping me keep a solid 2.5kd.

Posted that previously in this thread.

My usual set ups now are either Spy Plane/Napalm Strike/Chopper Gunner (my usual) or Sam Turret/Napalm Strike/Chopper Gunner (if I'm using hardline pro). I decided that the black bird is a great useful kill streak but you don't get any free kills out it unlike the napalm strike, so I use the napalm strike now.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 pm

lol, mine is the same Smile
i usually use killstreaks that will help the team out. (3,4,5)
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 am

[quote="Static-Star1"][quote="wadey"]
Static-Star1 wrote:

2: No, I usually crouch then go prone usually just cause that makes me gets headshots all the time for some reason
i would not go wit the drop shot tons of peeps do the same thing and if it happens to me
i will get the head shot on you .

just give up the drop shot for a while and try a bit of side ways strafing then you will see
how easy it is to kill people that drop
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 am

FlightOfGrey wrote:
Another set of kill streaks I like to use it the three care packages, SAM turret, care package and the sentry gun. Using them with hardline pro which lets you swap the contents of the care packages for a chance of something else.

I also do this. The worst bit is when you throw them out when you first respawn, take a gamble and it changes to ammo. There is little point leaving them as you are sat at the spawn point so the team mates you have around you have also just spawned and don't need ammo. I just plant a claymore and collect the package. Had a few cheap spawn kills that way as when the spawn changes the enemy spawn right on top of your claymore. Twisted Evil Bet that cheers them up no end.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Another thing, when you are using the care packages kill streak set up. Definitely use tactical insertion, so if you do get killed you can just respawn instantly by your care packages and usually the enemies are to preoccupied with the care packages to notice the tactical insertion.
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top