Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Biggest FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU moment so far for yall?

I was walking along high on a mountainside over
Spoiler:
taking out the bastards one by one. I'd killed everything in there and was ready to go loot the carcasses, so I slowly proceeded down the mountainside. I'd slid here and there, but was making it down the nearly vertical rock face just fine until I was what would be about ten feet from the ground. All of a sudden my character falls to his death.

Biggest OH SHI..... moment?

During Return to sender I was heading north of
Spoiler:
and came across what I think was
Spoiler:
and as I was exploring the area, I was ambushed by several
Spoiler:
who drained all my life with a flurry of their
Spoiler:
attacks before I could get a shot off.

Sorry for all the hidden things, Im really trying to avoid spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:15 am

They can be a bugger in packs, its all about getting a good silenced, scoped weapon and taking em from afar. Thats what I like to do, specially to Geckos cause they run funny and make me laugh when they investigate a dead body of one of their packs.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:50 am

Started the Helios mission today. Promptly died. Need better armor. Managed to get through a door away from my aggressors only to die in one hit to a trap from having lost so much health to them.
I'm leery of wearing faction armor because I can't be sure who it'll tick off.

Also beat up some of the Legion today. At first nothing I threw at them would hurt. Ran myself out of rifle ammo, nearly out of shotgun, when I decided that I probably wasn't going to live as there were still three of them up at this point. So, for giggles I healed up and pulled out the shovel I'd been grave robbing with.
It wasn't an easy time of it, but I did manage to bludgeon two of them to death, then kill the other with their throwing spears. Got me a nice SMG out of it. Smile
Having now witnessed the power of melee weapons, I've decided that my next character will be designed as a blond male with the spikiest hair I can manage, and will use only the Bumper Sword. Maybe grenades or the odd laser blast in lieu of materia. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:53 am

Does that make the Fatman "Ultima"?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:55 am

Yeah, and the MIRV is Metorain. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:56 am

Nah thats the level 4 limit break.

Whelp, finished the "story" last night or in other words 1 of the 4 possible endings. Wheee I get to play it three more times. Missed a few things thats for definate.

This time round, Luck and Intelligence starts high with the others at five or 4. Evil Genius time. I think I may have the Legion looking like puppy dogs this time round.

Last edited by Liamcifer on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:59 am

It can't be Omnislash as it's not slashes.
Thinking
Maybe just Meteor. Sephiroth's Meteor, not the one you can cast. Laughing

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:59 am

oooooh yeah do that. Edited my post above BTW
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:06 am

Saw that. Then I went to edit mine and you'd posted again. lol

I went with a high intelligence and middling other stats this time through. Wanted to be sure to have enough skills to pull off what I want.
Next time will be max strength, high endurance, good agility, very low luck, middling int and perception, lowish charisma. I think that'll about fit.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:03 am

I went that route the first time around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Yup, I totally broke the early part of the game.

Since I grabbed Boone before ever going to Primm, I rolled through Primm without any trouble and then went and took care of EDE. I then walked out into the desert area just killing anything that comes along. I haven't even made it up to Mojave Outpost yet and Im already level 9.

I really want to level up to about 12 or so before I head to my first meeting with the Legion, given a certain companion's distaste for them. I wonder what he'll do when we get there.

Also, a funny moment:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm

More Buggyness: there are areas in the game where, if I attempt to enter them, the game freezes. The Southern part of the Strip is one of them. *sigh.*
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:09 am

(o.O)
I take it you haven't tried a reinstall.

I found out why ED-E went against me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:48 am

Liamcifer wrote:
(o.O)
I take it you haven't tried a reinstall.

Does it have something to do with his storyline and armor you were wearing?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:52 am

No. I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 am

I'm curious as well.

And I'll be trying the re-instal later today. Inability to use VATS, I can deal with. Having invisible lines that kill the game whenever I cross them scattered throughout the game, I'm not putting up with.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 pm

IIIIIIT WOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!!!

Liam gets a cookie. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Kudos, Omega.

omega9 wrote:
More Buggyness: there are areas in the game where, if I attempt to enter them, the game freezes. The Southern part of the Strip is one of them. *sigh.*

Me too. It's frozen twice on me now. Once while loading (which happened sometimes in FO3 too, so nothing new there.), and once as I was attempting to walk around the outside of the Strip, as I rounded the corner above the Freeside entrance. Been back since and it didn't do it again.
Liamcifer wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:
No. I'll PM you.
Me too, if you would. I just started using him. I planned to avoid all companions until I found out they can't die except in hardcore mode. I may begin collecting them now as there's a trophy for it, though I don't know if they have to be all in one playthrough.
Anyhoo, I'd really rather not lose ED-E. So, PM me too please. Smile
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm

What Omega Said.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm

I haven't encountered one of those.
So,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Thinking
I shall find this dog then, and make an experiment of it!
Well, from the way Omega said "dog thing" perhaps someone already did. But I mean that I'll see if they'll fight when left alone.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Has anyone raided Vault 34? And should I base a dungeon on it in my game tonight?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I have not. I just made it to the Strip last night. Where's Vault 34?
Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top