Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Oh they will, and you'll end up having to kill ED-E.

I have, and if you do you know your gonna be hated.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:02 pm

If you find the sharecropper farms outside of Vegas, and then head into the mountains, you'll see a truck surrounded by golden geckos. Clear them, head to the truck, and you should see the entrance. There are more golden geckos inside, along with some ghouls. The place is also irradiated, so make sure you have a radiation suite and Rad-x. I also wouldn't bring EDE in, since he gets stuck on doors and will attack everything, which could get him mobbed and potentially die.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a look.

Also, my ED-E has never attacked anyone that I haven't. Even if they fire on me first he won't shoot back until I do. Is yours set to be aggressive?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:18 pm

I don't think so, and it might also be that wandering monsters attack him. Still, I don't think that bringing EDE into the Vault is the best idea.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Alrighty then. I'll take your word for it.

So, here's a few things I like and dislike about New Vegas.
-More colorful. The constant gray of the Capital Wasteland grated on the nerves after a while. It's good to see that not everything is so muted. Even the desert's brighter brown is a welcome change.
-Companions being invulnerable outside of Hardcore mode. It's nice to be able to team up without having to constantly micromanage and take bullets for them.
-Melee/unarmed is now a viable form of combat.
-Multiple houses available.

Dislikes:
-Numerous bugs. Game feels unfinished in several places, and is potentially game breaking. Freezes, file corruptions, quest bugs, and vanishing NPCs. Not cool. I really wish they'd followed LBP2's lead and delayed instead of releasing an unfinished product.
-I don't like having to fiddle with ammo. I'd much rather just shoot people and have them die. The scarcity of ammo sucks too. Seems like everything is more scarce.
-(personal preference) Too much to do all at once. This is a problem I ran into in Baldur's Gate 2 as well. There's so much to be done I get a little lost. Moreover, with Factions thrown in, I don't know who it's 'safe' to kill. Worse, I'm trying to maintain a Good character. This is hard when I can't even take half the ammo from people who shoot at me because it's somehow faction aligned (aside from what's on them), whereas I may be able to take everything else in the room. Really though, this is just at odds with my completionist tendencies. I don't like getting locked out of anything.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Double Post for information! No, no. GOOD information.
Here's a possible fix for missing companions.

Quote :
Go to Vault 22 and use the central elevator (which you may need to repair at a skill level of 50). Choose to go to Level 5 - Pest Control. Your missing Companion(s) will be waiting there at the exit of the elevator. You will need to use the Companion wheel to tell them to follow you again as they will be in "Wait Here" mode. It appears that the game does some sort of companion check when using this elevator, and will move your companions here regardless of their status.

I haven't lost one myself, or even discovered this vault. I found this while snooping around for little bits of info on potential bugs to be avoided. So, if you've has someone come up missing, then give this a shot.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 pm

V22 is on the vegas strip, I believe, and is a gift shop.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 am

Nope, that's Vault 21 (as in Blackjack). Looks like 22's off in the wilderness somewhere.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Huh. I'll have to go find it, kill everything in it, and take all their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:03 am

I know where it is. I like that one. Hope you have good eyes.
Back to top Go down
Owen1729
Second Nation
Owen1729

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:28 am

I love they way civvies knew about the Elite Rangers arrival before the Corps did Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 pm

The elite rangers are like the guy on the cover, right? I haven't seen any of those yet, but then I've done just about everything but advance the main story. lol Guessing those guys are related to that? I can't help it. Everywhere I go there's more quests to do!

A couple weird things (read as: bugs) have occurred.
1. While inside Helios One, suddenly in the middle of combat Boone's hands grew enormous. They were stretched out to 3 feet long. Really strange looking. Fixed itself when he switched weapons though.
2. While out on the road below Camp Forlorn Hope, I was approached by a man who initiated a quest to save some of his friends being held in a nearby mine (Name escapes me. Started with a T). On entering the mine my graphics went haywire. Large portions (or sometimes the whole thing) of the screen were flickering in and out as blank slots. Made combat and navigation difficult. I did eventually find my way to the pens, and was given a lockpick prompt even when they were invisible. Managed to untie the captives (there were two in different pens) and find my way back out by following them as they ran.
Sucks that I couldn't properly explore that place. Hoping I don't run into that problem somewhere where it's important.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:54 pm

I finally got a sniper rifle today. Twisted Evil

I'll also try to loot Vault 34 later tonight. Heres hoping I have enough carrying capacity to grab everything.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Oh, yeah. There's another one too. This one might be a problem for some people, here's what happened.
I had just snagged Veronica as a companion and we were headed to Hidden Valley Bunker. Well, I went inside and she's supposed to have a small scene where she interacts with the intercom right next to the Very Hard locked door. However, she was nowhere to be found, and there was no way to interact with the intercom. I went back outside. Still not there. Fast traveled to a nearby town. Still gone. Wait an hour. Still gone. Crap. I figured I'll go back into the bunker to see if she's stuck in a wall or something. I look all around in there and there's nothing.
I'm just about to reload when I notice the compass is showing me a friendly NPC mark going crazy on the other side of the door. I pick the lock (Karma Loss) and there she is. She immediately runs out and over to the intercom where she completes the scene.
Not a big problem for me, but it did cost me a skill mag. If your Lockpicking skill isn't high enough though then you might be out of luck, so be careful.
Come to think of it, I should have used the chance to check and see if the Vault 22 trick worked. Oh, well.

One more too. The old FO3 Grasp Exceeds Reach glitch still works. I had to use it to nab the unique plasma rifle.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Since uninstalling and re-installing the game without the patch, I haven't had any nasty glitches happen. I recommend doing the same if problems persist.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:56 pm

But...but I like the Grasp Exceeds Reach trick. Sad It helped me get the Q-35 Matter Modulator.
Actually, I bet that would still work just fine.

I haven't encountered anything truly game breaking, so I'll let it go for now. I'll keep that in mind if it starts to mess up worse though.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 am

If the Graphics do start to mess up on you simplysave the game, then reload that exact same save, resets them. did it for me last night when I was looking through a scope, the screen went all funny. Simple reload and back to normal.

Really liking my second play through, far more caps and items, I also got myself a gun like Boones.

4 Companions so far. Gotta catch em all!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:53 am

Zero Punctuation's New Vegas review.
He mostly bypasses reviewing it and calls it a large Fallout 3 expansion.
Fair enough.
Instead, he runs us through his attempt to play the game on Hardcore mode. Numerous lols as usual. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 am

Not to bad, figured a lotta people would have thought that too, Haven't watched it, probably won't for another while all I know is that I love this shit.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 am

I'm ticked off a bit at the moment.
I was going through Veronica's quest, I Could Make You Care, and things were fine. I went to Vault 34, picked up the Pulse Rifle and hightailed it back to Hidden Valley. Approach the elder and Veronica walks up to him just like she's supposed to to initiate the conversation. Except neither one says anything. Neutral They just sit/stand there unresponsive for a bit before acting normally, but without having spoken to advance the quest. I was on my way to attempt a fix I found when my game froze. Rolling Eyes I'll fiddle with it again tonight and just hope it rights itself. My last save was back in Vault 34 a bit before I picked up the rifle.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 am

Gotta pick it up again then.

I could make you care... does that mean that you have Archie?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Archie? Haven't heard of him.
scratch
So far I have ED-E, Boone, Rex, Cass, Lily, and Veronica.

Side note, my ED-E and Rex haven't fought at all. Can I ask,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 pm

The armory in Vault 34 is now nearly empty. Now to sell the loot.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:52 pm

You'll make a ton. Especially if you collected up all the 10mm Machine Guns and repaired them. Before my game froze ( Mad ) I made about 8,000 caps. Handy if you're going for the expensive implants.
Has anyone gotten the damage reduction or HP regen ones? Was it worth the money?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:02 pm

I just randomly ran across 3 aliens. (in vats they ere called alien, and alien captain)

got an alien blaster (67 DM, 417 DPS) 2 Tri-Beam Laser Rifles ( 10X3 DM, 90 DPS) and a bunch of ammo. too bad I couldnt take their clothes and rock the white alien suit look.

it was kinda funny. I used a stealth boy and took them out with a bladed gauntlet
Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top