Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm

The damage threshold implant gives you DT 4, and the health one gives you 1 HP / 10 sec.

The DT one seems good, but I don't think the other is worth it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Thinking
I think I'll just go with the other Endurance upgrade. That means one more point in Intensive Training basically getting me two points in Endurance.

I notice that there aren't a whole lot of really good all purpose Perks. I mostly seem just as well off to invest in increased stat points anyway.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:38 pm

isnt there a perk that boosts all your special stats to 9 or 10? called almost perfect or something like that. or was that just in fo3?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:03 am

That was in the Brotherhood of Steel DLC for FO3. Level 30 perk.
This game doesn't even have level 30 perks. Just a level 28 one, and that's Rad Absorbtion. Useless. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:15 am

Fortune Finder and Scrounger are definatly handy. Explorer Perk too. Doing a lot more walking this time round. I still hate death claws. Specially blind ones. They make no sense.
Don't like the Mysterious Stranger one, don't even know why I took it cause its more trouble than its worth at the moment. Finding quests I didn't get first time round
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 am

I'm not having any trouble with caps. Raid a camp, kill a bunch of dudes, sell their crap. Repeat and the cash flows in. I don't see what people around the web are complaining about when it comes to caps.

I do have another glitch problem...in the WDAT quest, I recruited two people to satisfy one of the needs, but now that one has been delivered, it still wants me to deliver the other, even though the speech path is no longer available.

A gripe too: there are too many non-quest quests in the game. You hear something from some random person about something to do, and it goes in the notes, but after a while, you can't find it and you have no idea where the heck the person was that told you about it in the first place. And there never appear to be quest notes, either.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:22 am

Agreed with the unmarked quests, find that annoying.
Dunno what the issue with the caps is either, I'm up to 20 grand at the moment.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:06 am

My only problem with caps is finding guys with enough money to sell my crap to. I normally end up sending at least one vendor to the poor house after every loot haul.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 am

If I had to guess, I'd say the complaints come from the incredibly high cost of repairs. It's not uncommon to see repair costs hit into the 5-7 thousands. Shocked Fortunately, I usually seem to find what I need to repair for free.
The only real problem was armor in the early game. Could hardly afford to fix it, and stuff that wasn't faction aligned was hard to come by. Thank goodness for the Bounty Hunter Duster. Good enough DR (6, I think) and repairs for cheap, with a little skill bonus to guns thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 am

Aye costs a lot but thats what repair skill and weapon repair bags are for, plus the ingredients for the Weapon Repair bag are easy and common to find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 am

Also, once you get Jury Rigging all bets are off. Although, be careful around your favorite weapons. I had to reload a save since i accidentally used my silenced sniper to repair something else.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 am

Jury Rig avoids the "This weapon is modded so you can't use it to repair an unmodded one" thingy?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm

rayray wrote:
I'm not having any trouble with caps. Raid a camp, kill a bunch of dudes, sell their crap. Repeat and the cash flows in. I don't see what people around the web are complaining about when it comes to caps.

I do have another glitch problem...in the WDAT quest, I recruited two people to satisfy one of the needs, but now that one has been delivered, it still wants me to deliver the other, even though the speech path is no longer available.

A gripe too: there are too many non-quest quests in the game. You hear something from some random person about something to do, and it goes in the notes, but after a while, you can't find it and you have no idea where the heck the person was that told you about it in the first place. And there never appear to be quest notes, either.
I agree caps aren't that hard to come by once you get farther into the game, however Imo playing caravan with traders (since they carry more money) is the fastest way, and once you get used to how to play they are very easy to beat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
Jury Rig avoids the "This weapon is modded so you can't use it to repair an unmodded one" thingy?

I think so, i lost my sniper rifle doing it. Maybe it was a bug?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:19 am

Hmmm well it does say that it uses anything of similar stuff... Well won't be taking it myself at the moment, Nearing level 30 of my second character. Decided to split the story, and take different branches with the same person only with different save files.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:44 am

Have you guys had people spontaineously trying to kill you for no reason?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 am

Yeah.

By the way Gun Runners are a good place to sell stuff they have like 8,000 caps every few days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 am

omega9 wrote:
Have you guys had people spontaineously trying to kill you for no reason?

In freeside? yeah, thats supposed to happen. outside of Freeside Ive had important NPCs come after me (i wear no faction armor so that wasn't it ), its just a bug *AHEM* feature Smile I mean, they would have died of natural causes anyway, right?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 am

As natural as buckshot to the head is, yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:50 am

DAE enjoy having veronica along? I like playing decoy, and while the enemies come after me, she blindsides them with a fist to the face for the killshot.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 am

I used to like Rauls sarcasitic humor, now its coming through as whiny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:54 am

I havent found him yet. I havent found Veronica's quest either. The only people I have right now are: Boone, Veronica, Cass (who had a FUN quest), Arcade and Ed-e. How do you get Veronica's quest, anyway? I gave her the thing she wanted already.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 am

You have to take her around to 3 of several different locations. She'll start a conversation with you. After the third one she'll recommend going to see the Brotherhood. Take her to talk to the elder, and after they're done walk a bit away and she'll speak to you again. Then, go to a small shack about directly west of Gibson's Scrapyard to find a computer terminal inside. If she's with you, then you can access it. Quest should unfold itself from there.
Here's a list of the places to trigger the conversations. Remember, you only need three.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks monkey. I try not to look directly at the wikia for the game as i tend to stray off from what I want to and spoil things for myself. So this was perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 am

Not a problem. Smile
I can relate completely. I only go to it if I get stumped, or to do quick scouts for potential bugs.
Incidentally, I have once concerning this quest. I'm going to try to circumvent it by doing the Brotherhood's quests first. Maybe that'll let the conversation trigger normally.
Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top