Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Just tried them myself. Did rubbish in the Gun game. So after three rounds of that I tried One in the Chamber and won the first round I played. I think I did six in all and won two and placed second or third in two or three. The lag lost me a couple of matches.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 pm

yeah its crucial to have good connection in highroller
all the prostare players play that damn thing.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Yeah forget the highroller things. I'm not gonna go in there just so some multi-prestige guy with a 3.5 KD can rob me of 10,000 points.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Yah ive only ever done the 10 points wager matches... although when im feeling really lucky ill hit that double down button Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:32 pm

I just saw something on Facebook ;
"Hitler: 7,000,000 kills 1 death
fucking camper"
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Hands wrote:
I just saw something on Facebook ;
"Hitler: 7,000,000 kills 1 death
fucking camper"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:53 pm

scratch

This really doesnt have much to do with Black Ops.

Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm

It's a little funny but at the same time kind of disrespectful. It reminds me of when you used to see swastikas in every lobby. It's not cool.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
It's a little funny but at the same time kind of disrespectful. It reminds me of when you used to see swastikas in every lobby. It's not cool.

I'm just going to pop in for a minute since I did a paper on swastikas last term.

They weren't always bad. In fact, the history of the swastika is a little sad considering what they have been used for many years before Nazi Germany started using them. It's one of the oldest symbols in history dating to prehistoric times (if I remember correctly) and has appeared in a number of different places all over the world. It's the main symbol of Jainism and is still used today but is also used by Hinduism and Buddhism. It's only been seen as a bad symbol, mostly by Western cultures, since the 1930's when it was adopted by the Nazi Germany party. Personally I find it sad that the swastika was taken and had its meaning changed so drastically. Nowadays you don't see it out of respect for those who lost their lives.

There are people who do want to bring the swastika back with its "original" (as in, before Nazi Germany) meaning, but those people know that it won't be easy.

However, I don't think they're doing that via CoD lobbies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you use the swastika, does the PSN do the same thing?

Oh, on the topic of Call of Duty...

I'm not getting it. Razz
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Sony will ban you. I don't know if it's just an account ban or an IP ban (should be the latter) but they will take action.

I'm aware of the original meaning of this symbol but EVERYONE is aware of it's more common meaning, and it's just plain wrong.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:36 pm

I think the phrase "more common meaning" is debatable depending on who you ask, but I understand what you're trying to get at. I sort of feel that it shouldn't be the symbol getting the bad rep but the people behind it, but I guess that's part of what symbols are: they represent people and ideas.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

ok guy.
swastika is a horrible thing to have, but we can go off and blow Nazi's heads off? its cool?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Azira wrote:
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:

I'm just going to pop in for a minute since I did a paper on swastikas last term.

They weren't always bad. In fact, the history of the swastika is a little sad considering what they have been used for many years before Nazi Germany started using them. It's one of the oldest symbols in history dating to prehistoric times (if I remember correctly) and has appeared in a number of different places all over the world. It's the main symbol of Jainism and is still used today but is also used by Hinduism and Buddhism. It's only been seen as a bad symbol, mostly by Western cultures, since the 1930's when it was adopted by the Nazi Germany party. Personally I find it sad that the swastika was taken and had its meaning changed so drastically. Nowadays you don't see it out of respect for those who lost their lives.

There are people who do want to bring the swastika back with its "original" (as in, before Nazi Germany) meaning, but those people know that it won't be easy.

However, I don't think they're doing that via CoD lobbies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you use the swastika, does the PSN do the same thing?

the nazi's took it and turnd it on an angle. most people who have some educational background know what the "original" meaning was of an upright swastika. but 99% of what you see on CoD are on and angle with a white circle and red background. last i checked that was a nazi flag. people need to grow up. and treyarch is temp banning people from using their emblem editor for first offenses. second offence = perma ban from emblem editor. people arent getting banned from psn or live over emblems. they get banned for cheating, hacking and glitching. also your source is talking about people using swastikas in their xbox live logo; thats why then get banned off live. on psn you cant create any avatars so no swastika banns.

TL;DR: You get banned from using the emblem editor for having swastikas in COD; you get banned from live for having swastikas in your profile. No one gets banned from PSN or LIVE for having inappropriate emblems in game. You get console bans for cheating and glitching
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:48 am

ok i think this is the Black op's thread scratch Razz

so i prestige three or for days ago and only need 3 more aircraft shot down
to get ghost pro sweet ghout pro ftw cheers
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 am

We are talking about Black Ops. The situation that Treyarch largely fixed with it's emblems is within the topic of swastikas.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:29 am

I just hit the button on 6th Prestige last night, what a crappy symbol.

Is it me, or when you first Prestige are the entry level guns more powerful than once you rank up? I was playing okay last night with my Commando and then pushed the button. With the MP5 + Extended mags I was causing chaos. I think the first game I went 11-1, 2 Caps, 1 return and the second game I got over 30 kills with low teens deaths. The Enfield is unlocked so quickly I never used the M16.

What are the first things you buy after prestige? For me it goes:-

1. Claymore (Normally have 5k after the second game and I think this is really important to have for so many reasons.)
2. Ghost (Ghost Pro is a must have for me to make an anti air class so I start on it as soon as I can)
3. Nova Gas (Tac Mask is standard issue so it makes sense to me to use gas rather than that silly smoke grenade. Once money is better and I want to swap out to a different third tier perk then I'll but a stun.)
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:39 am

what symbol is it .is it the crossed fists ? that is crap looks like a yellowy greeny love heart

things i get first
ghost just awesome
motion censer .like to knock that 25 kills out for hacker pro first up then move to claymore
hacker

and use Enfield suppressed
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 am

not sure i can be bothered to prestige with this game as it takes so long to get some of the pro perks. I *think* I will just sit it out on level 50 until R3 comes along.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:37 am

eattheword wrote:
I *think* I will just sit it out on level 50

Prestige camper!
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 am

Since I've got tomorrow off from work (not sure what else is going on after school at this point) I feel compelled to do some filming. I'll put up my 20-9 game that I had on Firing Range for you all to see.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:21 am

*Steps out of stairwell onto 50th level... Sees ETW's Claymore with the Hacker perk, flanks around it and stabs him as he scopes out the window...*

*T-bags vigorously*

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 am

Leo_337 wrote:
*Steps out of stairwell onto 50th level... Sees ETW's Claymore with the Hacker perk, flanks around it and stabs him as he scopes out the window...*

*T-bags vigorously*

Twisted Evil

Clap
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 am

I'll have you know I have never 'scoped' out of anybody's window. I keep that sort of thing in private, you know.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:24 am

eattheword wrote:
I'll have you know I have never 'scoped' out of anybody's window. I keep that sort of thing in private, you know.

He says while tucking a camera with a 200 mm zoom lens into his closet...
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 am

Oh, you were talking about optics!

*** shuffles awkwardly to one side ***
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top