Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 am

They nerfed Dingo's sniper? I did wonder, because I equipped it last night and found it no better, if not a bit worse than, the Dragunov. Of course, it could just be that I am a crap sniper.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 am

I am a crap sniper but if they fucked up my AK 74 I ain't going back.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:34 am

AK47 is still badasseryness.... Don' be a sheeps, be da Wolfs. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 am

Or be a Super-Villan. Think I'll do that.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 am

Rolling Eyes

Anything to wear your pants outside your trousers, eh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 am

Who said anything about wearin them? Plus Tights look good.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 am

Liamcifer wrote:

they added some funky recoil to the 74u. not sure what i think about it now, its definitely harder to use for the longer shots, doesnt seem like they weakened it but that might just be me
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:10 am

Even with the grip?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 am

band-aid wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:

they added some funky recoil to the 74u. not sure what i think about it now, its definitely harder to use for the longer shots, doesnt seem like they weakened it but that might just be me

I hear it has some serious muzzle rise now.

Glad i dropped the weapon before the update.

I love me my Gallil too much too look back.
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 am

band-aid wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:

According to the description on Youtube, it only works on you if you respawn within about three seconds of dying. Suspect info, of course, but worth a shot if it will circumvent this problem.
I thought something was up last night. Never died on spawn, but I did take damage once. Guessed that someone was just shooting my way when I spawned. Apparently not. Neutral

exatly. i verified this today (only tried it one!) and it does happen. i had 1 kill then i killed a guy then knifed his body about 1 second after and i got my spy plane... i really hope people dont catch on before its fixed

also me jon and brox completely destroyed tonight. we won 9 straight TDM's quite handily.then, (surprise surprise) i was split and disconnected from the host. i rejoined asap but the server was full. im getting the suspicion that this game might accidentally add players to games when theyre loading causing connection issues for other players who were waiting in the lobby

i was friend requested 3 times tonight COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 1931472354

Was definitely good times. Always fun to see 1 2 and 3 all being us. No worries about the disconnect, that was going to be my last game regardless. We need to get more axis games going though. We always dominate and it's so much fun.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
Even with the grip?

affirmative
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Did treyarch hotfix that double kill glitch yet? I couldn't imagine how bad it must be, doing half as good unless you resort to forcing more deaths on your enemy.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:55 pm

I had some fun with Banded in Combat Training today. We did the two of us vs 9 opponents in TDM. Needless to say, we won all of 'em.

Plus the PSG1 with Variable Zoom is absolutely dirty, I love it lol. Can't wait to get that unlocked in the PVP multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Do you start over at level one if you join someone else's combat training match. Is you level saved like in MP?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Yeah Silver, your level in Combat Training is saved, along with your class setup and whatnot. So if you were to join with me for Combat Training, you could keep all the stuff you've unlocked so far.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 pm

If I was higher than level 11 than it might be worth it, lol. Thanks for the answer.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Did treyarch hotfix that double kill glitch yet? I couldn't imagine how bad it must be, doing half as good unless you resort to forcing more deaths on your enemy.
The comments on the Youtube vid now say that it has been fixed. Unusually fast work by Treyarch. Don't know about the Killstreak one.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:28 pm

I was really surprised when they largely fixed the matchmaking that day that they completely removed it accidentally. There are definitely benefits to being part of a bigger audience. YT and COD are great examples. Many may not know this (like myself until a while ago) but there are other video hosting sites besides YT. YT being by leaps and bounds better than the others. COD has it's perks like super fast patch turnouts.

Would you guys say that the 74u is now at a fair level with the other guns or is it still clearly the best? I predict that Treyarch is going to keep nerfing it because people won't stop using it. It's more of a popularity contest, the more the gun is used, the more people will whine about it. That's what people do when they have no face like when on the computer, they do what ever they really feel.
Back to top Go down
Hollorr-ween
Second Nation
Hollorr-ween

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

i personally prefer the aug and the reg ak to the u
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I have BO but I never play it. I am also disappointed because the M14 is still semi-auto although it has full auto capability's oh well at least I can still hunt boosters in others game modes ( ran into a domination boosting lobby around December )
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:20 am

band-aid wrote:
Liamcifer wrote:
Even with the grip?

affirmative

Bugger that.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 am

I'm still doing okay with the 74u. I use it with rapid fire on my run and gun and didn't really notice the difference. On my Ghost Class with the supressor I'm hoping I wont notice any change. It's the re-centre speed that has been slowed down rather than its power being reduced so you get a bit of muzzle drift if you keep your finger on the trigger. Just burst fire it at range and it is still effective.

I have a nasty habit of ADSing as I'm shooting stuff so I'm really struggling to get my Steady Aim Pro. My solution was to look at something Dual Wield to force me into hip firing. I'm not a fan of SMGs from the hip as I always do badly with them, pistols are worse. So, what to do? Oh baby! Has anyone else tried the HS10 D/W? Shooties feel natural to hip fire so I was doing ok racking up the hip fire kills with them, but this thing is a hoot. It's not accurate, it hasn't got great range but it has got the grin factor. I'm keeping to corridors and alleyways and I have not gone negative with it yet.

Try it, you might like it!
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:18 am

if you want a good hipfire SMG look into the spectre. with steady aim and a grip you wont have to zoom in for anything less that like 20 ft away. its a laser from the hip. try it in combat training. you can go with out grip if you like too
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 am

The Skorpion has almost no recoil so would be good for hip firing, no?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:57 am

Skorpion seems like a cool gun but man does it chew through bullets quick. I think thats my only real concern with the weapon.
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top