Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm

It feels great. I think I'm going to put that one in my file share. My basic tactic was (again) to use Unbacked Ranger's advice: i.e. run to that raised sniping spot at the bottom of the map and monitor my front and right flank, with a claymore below me to the left on the exit of the warehouse to warn me of a left flank attack.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Ive never had too much success up in that spot, people usually come back for the revenge kill and the wrong times. Yesterday me and 2 other friends went into sharpshooter rounds and just ran around knifing whoever was in first place. Eventually it was just all 6 people running around with pythons stabbing each other, nobody even bothering with shooting hahah. Good fun
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:18 am

That spot is terrible if you don't have anyone to cover the A dom flank.

I'm done with this game. It is WAY too lag based. I can't believe people actually compete on this game (nevermind that mlg moved to the PS3). It's so unfair that Treyarch is blowing Microsoft and PS3 gets the deformed fetus of a playable game. How in the f**k does someone jump a second after being flashed out of their damn minds and still shoot on target meanwhile I'm blindfiring with them in the center of my spread yet I don't get so much as a hitmarker. It would be nice to know if I even had a chance at a lucky headshot but when this game is not even based at all on even luck (nevermind skill), I call it quits. I'm just glad that PS3 passed Xbox last year in sales so this BS won't happen again.

Sorry to bring a post like this to the forum but that is what this thread is here for. I hope you all somehow still enjoy this game.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 am

I agree with silver , I'm sick of xbox getting the complete game while PS3 owners get a half baked version full of lag and bugs . Despite PS3 being easily as capable as the 360 . The of course Microsoft goes and pays treyarch for map packs to be timed 360 exclusives . Let's just make PS3 wait , they got a half finished online game so they can wait an extra month !!!!! .

On another note , If you guys havnt heard yet , the next map pack titled Escalation has been leaked . It seems to have 4 maps called Covoy , Zoo . Hotel and Stockpile and a new zombie map called Call of the Dead . Picture coming soon but I'm certain it's true as basically every game website has the pic which was leaked now .
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:25 am

could you post the pic mate
i have also heard of this but no found anything to back it up yet
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 am

Here it is , Ggs btw today wadey Smile .[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 am

cool thanks .man another DLC so fast idk it could be bull dust
have anyone dropped 2 DLC so close together .

gg for sure i was up and down and had to bounce for mah dinner .
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 am

That date is for 360 who got first strike 1 month earlier than PS3 cos some stupid deal . Plus there were 3 map packs for WAW so Treyarch are seemly doing the same thing for BLOPs .
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:27 am

That's three packs I'm not buying then. The game isn't stable enough to warrant the extra expense.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:49 am

i have not even got used to the new ones yet
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

TBH guys, xbox getting maps one month early doesnt mean anything other then xbox guys are the guinea pigs. there is almost always a patch that comes out shortly after or before PS3 dlc release that "fixes" issues with the maps. PS3 sales being higher than xbox wont change anything for the ps3 game quality from muliplatform devs. they will always side with xbox unless they have a ps3 team that actually knows the architecture well (ie crytech who actually took the time to make a game that looks nice and runs pretty well). The exclusive devs are going to be the ones we have to rely on for games that should work and look nice. this hasnt really been the case as of late, though, naughty dog and geurilla games have made far better games quality wise than companies like treyarch

game of headquarters i had a couple days ago. crazy ending. gameplay wasnt that good because i was lagging (incase it wasnt apparent by my seeming terrible aim and non reaction to threats in some situations)

Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:04 pm

wadey wrote:
cool thanks .man another DLC so fast idk it could be bull dust
have anyone dropped 2 DLC so close together .

gg for sure i was up and down and had to bounce for mah dinner .

Has anyone sold as many copies a Black Ops?

banded1 wrote:
TBH guys, xbox getting maps one month early doesnt mean anything other then xbox guys are the guinea pigs. there is almost always a patch that comes out shortly after or before PS3 dlc release that "fixes" issues with the maps. PS3 sales being higher than xbox wont change anything for the ps3 game quality from muliplatform devs. they will always side with xbox unless they have a ps3 team that actually knows the architecture well (ie crytech who actually took the time to make a game that looks nice and runs pretty well). The exclusive devs are going to be the ones we have to rely on for games that should work and look nice. this hasnt really been the case as of late, though, naughty dog and geurilla games have made far better games quality wise than companies like treyarch

game of headquarters i had a couple days ago. crazy ending. gameplay wasnt that good because i was lagging (incase it wasnt apparent by my seeming terrible aim and non reaction to threats in some situations)

I strongly disagree with you there Banded. Bobby kotic doesn't give two s**ts and a... he doesn't care one bit about the hardware. If it had the larger player base Activision would make PSone games. People say this and it really is true. It's a money grab, and it's a smart one at that. Maybe patches coming out before the PS3 dlc release is a positive and I applaud your optimism but the truth is when John Doe is in walmart and he sees a poster reading "First Strike pack out now, only on the Xbox 360" and then he sees the PS3 is priced exactly the same as the 360 he'd be a fool to buy the PS3. Microsoft is counting on this and that's why they paid millions of dollars to get that contract with Treyarch. Also the PS3 passing Xbox will have a DIRECT impact in how developers prioritize game development and consequentially the quality between different platforms and it's not hard to code properly for either system, one is simply done in a rush. Exclusive devs are exclusive because they either have a deal/contract with SONY/Microsoft. The quality they put out is solely based on the talent working for the developer. Gears of war and HALO are comparable to Uncharted 3 and the Metal Gear Solid franchise (underrated, check it out), that's just the people working, their talent, and development time *ahem* Ubisoft.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 pm

TBH I brought First strike solely for ASCENSION and i love that map so im happy. The multiplayer maps were a bonus because my main interests are the zombie maps cos i love the mode. If gameplay looks good for this next zombie map I will drop the cash as i have the money even now. I know there are alot of people who will buy the map packs solely for the Zombie map so a laggy online doesnt make so much difference as with the multiplayer maps..
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:23 am

ign top 10 kills list as of the 4-4-11
grim-reaper fight is my fav

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:22 am

the second last rocket went through his thigh lol
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:31 am

its funny if the guy with the reaper had of just aimed at the ground he would have got him
fist shot
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:01 pm

yea i know. what a goof
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 am

I had a dream lobby yesterday. Map: Array. TDM.

I get killed a three times early on then discover that if I stay in the main building all the enemy keep coming in one-by-one to get killed. I got the Blackbird up which then showed me WHEN they were coming in. Pretty soon my doggies were chewing them up. Then I had to go set the table for dinner so I left my guy crouching behind the desk in the entry room and went to deal with the dinner table. Four minutes later I come back and I'm still alive. I pick up the controller while standing up and manage to fumble shoot another three guys before one eventually shoots me. I then go and hide at the bottom of the map until the game ends (had to pour the drinks). Result? 21 for 4, and I think that 21 was all one streak (if you include the dog kills). Shame I had to sign out at that point.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:54 pm

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 394488
I cant even manage a 10, trying my hardest..
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:45 pm

Place staying alive above getting kills, this seems to help me alot. If you really want to see improvement go into a theater of your typical, yet undesirable, game and see what kind of decisions you can make differently.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 am

sorry if this has been answered yet, I dont have the patience to read 48 pages and we all know how the search function is...

Is there anyway to sign in under 2 names to play black ops? Like in R2, I can sign in under my name, then my fiance can sign in under his name and we can each play under our own names instead of a whatbearisbest(2).

I couldn't figure out how to do this so if anyone knows let me know, thanks!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:09 pm

As far as I'm aware, no there's not. The sheer number of (2) players I see makes me think I'm right on this. Sorry, Bear.
R2 does have that function though. It got patched in after enough people asked for it.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:54 pm

i dont understand why mor egames dont have that function
it seems like something that should be the norm by now. two people can play and actually have separate identies and stats that your "number 2" can care about.

im sure there are boosting reasons behind it even though you can do it just the same with your (2) and not worry about it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 38 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:41 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
As far as I'm aware, no there's not. The sheer number of (2) players I see makes me think I'm right on this. Sorry, Bear.
R2 does have that function though. It got patched in after enough people asked for it.
The co op players lead the charge too.

You hear that zombie players.
You cant have revolution with out ammunition Laughing
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top