Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 am

I'll be on today, around mid day, if any of you want to game it up Guns firing

Also that Private game was really fun Very Happy= :D Reo, your friend that we played with just LOVES to run in front of me when I am throwing grenades Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm

I played a couple of games today, gave the SA a nice couple of games, that got to be annoying after awhile, got myself a couple of streaks, two furies, and two rages during my games today, but after the first 5-10 I just went completely downhill, probably didn't help that I ran with GJ/CGS for some games, nor the fact that the people who I was going up against kept popping out EVERYWHERE lol
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Hahaha, yeah Charlitos, he some questionable habits.

I noticed how much lag affects one after all.
Whenever you're the leader, it seems I have to struggle with Spongebob Bulletproofpants every game, and when I'm hosting, it's the same but for you Crying or Very sad

Maybe my destiny is to move to your part of the sea and become some sort of superhero! Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 978818

"I am Reo, the no longer lagging viking, ally with Gingeryetti of Vancouver and Leo the Kid of the wild east. I am here to destroy the evil lagmachine!"

Yeah, I should prolly hit the bed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Reo wrote:

Maybe my destiny is to move to your part of the sea and become some sort of superhero! Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 978818

"I am Reo, the no longer lagging viking, ally with Gingeryetti of Vancouver and Leo the Kid of the wild east. I am here to destroy the evil lagmachine!"

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 886746
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:26 am

Leo_337 wrote:
OMG... Maybe 'Gingeryetti' was Cam's secret account! Shocked

That's why he didn't shoot any of us in that match, he was being kind to us, LoL. Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 915210

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 886746
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 am

I'm just wondering because I've seen many mixed reactions about this...

Do you thing that DTI is noobish of sorts?
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 am

Pffft charlitos, don't worry about what ANYONE says. It's their problem if you decide to *skips long freaking endlo-esque wall of text about how few choices = balance and competitiveness*.

Long story short, no, no it is not nooby (you should know that Very Happy= :D ).
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:32 am

Look out gang!!! wolfcubs back in business in less than 18 hrs...

Charge your controllers and lock up your grandmas, its gunna be a rough night Wink
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:07 am

wolf_cub61 wrote:
Look out gang!!! wolfcubs back in business in less than 18 hrs...

Charge your controllers and lock up your grandmas, its gunna be a rough night Wink

cheers

I'll be there Wolf !!!

Just finished my school midyear exams so I is happy
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 am

Charlitos wrote:

I have my moments where I hate its part of the game, but the boosters are there to be used and DTI actually requires you to aim, unlike other boosters.

I have the same opinion on SA now too; if others use it I might as well throw it on, although I play better without it.
What's REALLY noobish is those guys who do silly quickcopes and blidfire kills with that ridiculous sniper Wink
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 am

Hey now, if you're going to skip my wall of text, you can at least try to get it right. I think having multiple choices, without being shoehorned into a set of...5 Boosters, means a balanced play environment. Sad

Silver, I don't want to wall of text you just yet, but you said last page, that jack of all trades, master of none doesn't work in this game. I'm pretty sure that everyone here considered Vash at least a competent player, right? He never fell into a niche. He was...the posterchild for that exact phrase, in regards to this game. I agree with Reo as well, that exposing yourself, and exploring playstyles outside of your comfort zone can only really stand to improve us as players, for quite a few reasons. You may not be successful, as anyone can vouch for my attempts to run and gun, but it definitely allowed me to go back to camping, and use what I'd learned, to be more successful.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 am

If things are going to go as well as they have been for the last couple of days, I think I might reach a 2.0 kdr. cheers
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

Do it up man! Get that 2.0!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Reo wrote:
Charlitos wrote:

I have my moments where I hate its part of the game, but the boosters are there to be used and DTI actually requires you to aim, unlike other boosters.

I have the same opinion on SA now too; if others use it I might as well throw it on, although I play better without it.
What's REALLY noobish is those guys who do silly quickcopes and blidfire kills with that ridiculous sniper Wink

I've noticed that there are some players who will make it their only purpose in life to try and make SA users rage quit, its actually pretty funny, I personally just put on Evasion and go about my business, problem solved lol
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Thinking of getting back on, at least for a short time, or at least for a couple of games, for old times' sake. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Just gave an ass whooping to some trashtalkers.. What better way to finish it off with two nice quickscopes? Cool Good games, all. Especially that last one cheers
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah, those were some great games, only downside was that period of like 5-15mins where the only people who managed to stay in our party was Reo and I

I remember that last true DM that we played, it was Silver, Reo, Turtle, and Myself with one random against another party of four and one random, I was being a complete douche and was using SA and even though I couldn't understand what these guys were saying I knew that they were pissed off at me for using it lol
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 am

You...were a douche for playing within the confines of the game, and using a tool available to you?

Where does this mentality come from, exactly? What drives people to condemn x, y, and z, as unacceptable choices, or "noobish" as was asked earlier?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 am

Well, Endlo, I've noticed that people instantly assume that if you have SA that you just spam it, I almost never do that, true I've used it sometimes, when I know a guy is around the corner and I want to know if they are coming or not, I guess you can say that I don't really do the booster justice by not spamming it but it means that if someone is using evasion I'm not totally lost
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:46 am

Endlo, have I ever mentioned I love you? Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 915210

I've had been playing like crap since last night, lost almost every 1 on 1, got flanked, missed easy kills etc.
To put it short, I was frustrated, haha.

So, what did I do, I hear you ask?
I simply put on the Endlo skin and began going back to mobile camping which worked a charm.
My 2 last games ended 10-1 and 8-0. Woho!

Now I just gotta work on my 1v1's a bit more. I'll say it again, if anyone wants to work on them, or anything else, you know I'm up custom games WHENEVER. Smile

PS. Raistlin, you need to ignore Canadian timezones and focus more on adjusting so that we may party up. Ok?

YES, I agree....you handsome boy [ ]

NO, Gingertime occurs when I say so! [ ]

Reo....are you high? [ ]

Please put an X in the appropriate box (spoiler...it's the first one)

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:13 pm

I guess I'd be down for some 1v1s, Reo, its more to work on my controller grip because when I strafe left I have no problem but when I strafe right........lets just say that dooms me lol
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Reo wrote:
Raistlin, you need to ignore Canadian timezones and focus more on adjusting so that we may party up. Ok?

Reo....are you high? [ ]

WHAT UP, RIBBZZZ??!! [X]

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:36 pm

I love you too, my dearest Reonista. I feel like your bromance, and soon, the hot-oil rubdowns are going to be exported to the domain the ESRaistlin, though. Sad

As far as not doing a booster "justice" Vrals, there isn't a right or wrong way to use it. I never spammed it either, and because I'd spent the last...80-levels or what have you, worth of play without it, I learned how to camp, and use other sources of information. Teammates, the direction of fire, sound, the kill ticker, even proximity chatter were all just as useful. It's just another source of information. If you do a quick tap up, before heading into a new area, or to check a blindspot, that's just as valid and correct as if you were to start "spamming" it.

I think the reason I view Evasion so low, is that I've never viewed Situational Awareness as a gameplan, in and of itself. It's an enabler, and an additional source of information. It's completely up to the player themselves and how capable they are, of interpreting what they're learning and how to react accordingly, to achieve the best results.

I think one of the biggest...misconceptions, or misunderstandings, of Situational, is that it's merely information. It's not a gameplan, it doesn't give you a little pop-up saying aim here, spray in 3...2...1, it's still completely player dependent. The perspective that I got, from so many players who raged against me for using Situational implies some kind of auto-pilot situation, where I hold up, grab a beer, and go 11-1.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 pm

I remember at one time last night I knew this game was most likely going to come at me, just to be sure I pressed the up button, got the intel and was ready for him to come around that corner, even if I didn't have SA I would have been ready for him to come around the corner, I think I use SA the way that you mention it, Endlo, just as another source of intel, and not as a substitute for everything else
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Raistlin wrote:
Reo wrote:
Raistlin, you need to ignore Canadian timezones and focus more on adjusting so that we may party up. Ok?

Reo....are you high? [ ]

WHAT UP, RIBBZZZ??!! [X]

Thank you!

THAT WAS NOT PART OF THE DEAL! Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top