Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

Uncharted2: Among Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm

I think you're getting ahead of technology, turtle, give it like 500 years and maybe computers will be able to do that stuff lol
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:53 pm

That wouldn't be any harder to implement than some of the other stuff they do for the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:54 pm

idk...it could be many reasons why it isn't in there, technology, money reasons, getting the game released, or a couple of other things that I can't remember, to be totally honest with you I think ND is no longer supporting this game, probably putting everything into U3
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Oh, it's no great secret that they're not supporting it. To be honest, I'm glad for that, because it means they're putting effort into the next game.

I think the most likely reason they didn't implement such a feature is that they just didn't think of it.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:56 pm

I think it is because it cost too much money to do so, idk how much money it would cost to put it in but it seems to me that it would be a really hard thing for a computer to be able to do
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm

It wouldn't cost any more than anything else the developers programmed in. Maybe less, since it would be much simpler than, say, enemy AI or matchmaking algorithms. And I don't see why it would be that hard. All it would require is checking whether an explosion that killed a friendly also killed an enemy. Heck, I could probably write something to do that in GML.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:53 pm

the thing is that what we think is really easy might actually not be, I don't look at ND's bill for creating these games but I can imagine its VERY high, I personally don't see it happening in U3, they'll consider it pointless compared to other things, like maybe glitches? lol
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Turtle wrote:
Azira wrote:
I think it's fair to reset the kill streak if you kill your team mate. Otherwise, people would be running around killing their team mates so they could get the killstreak medals if team mate kills count towards your score. I don't think they do though.

I still think it's fair.
Well, it's one thing to punish for excessive team-killing, because that's obviously a no-no. But if some fool gets blown up by a grenade meant for your enemy of his own accord, then there needs to be an allowance made. Especially if the grenade blew the enemy up, too. There should be a system that checks if whatever killed your teammate also killed an enemy; and if that's the case, don't cancel the streak, if applicable.

They can try to do that all they like, but there will be instances when people say a killstreak should have counted when it didn't, and then ND will get a mouthful of whinings and complainings, or that they didn't REALLY mean to team-kill. It's just easier to say team-kill = reset of kill streak and if some idiot runs on top of your grenade well that's the luck of the draw.

I'm not sure why friendly-fire isn't off though. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:07 pm

so that way guys like me who shoot at anything that we see that isn't green won't get get kicked from the game for killing our team mates two times, you can say that we get a little trigger happy, have itchy trigger fingers, or that we are just plain CRAZY ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Friendly fire is off. Friends can still be killed by explosions, though.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 pm

and you can turn it on in custom games
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:33 pm

If friendly fire was on at all times, I predict much hatred from the Uncharted 2 community, and myself.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 pm

oh I hate having it on in Bad Company, just because everybody looks the same and its hard to tell if the name is blue, your team, or red, the enemy team, but I think it could work in U2/U3 because of the fact that the skins are all different but also because its very easy to tell who is on your team, but I probably would be a hater of it anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Turtle wrote:
Friendly fire is off. Friends can still be killed by explosions, though.

So friendly fire is sort of off. Razz

I don't think there's friendly fire on in BC2 if that's what you mean Vrals. In Hardcore mode it's on, but it's not in Normal.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm

I've never played Bad Company 2, only the original Bad Company allowed in my house, I can't have rated M games in my house Guns firing lol
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 am

Good games Wolfcub , I think I win Smile . But man , two furies which brings me up to 30 furies !!! . You did great too Wolf , my aim is getting good again but I'm working on aim quickly at targets and 1 on 1's against high lvls still bug me alot . I think I'm in a similar position to Raist with the Fort , I dont like the style of gameplay that happens on that map , but when the goings good , oh is it ever good Smile . Literally half my furies have been on that map aswell as my best game ever ( 18-1 ) .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 am

Mitch......what is with your s****y luck? You are constantly get furies but never get any higher......something needs to change! Grats on 57 btw lol
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 am

Yes good games mitch. Sorry I had to leave early. Stupid car battery Rolling Eyes

Another cinema vid above. I sort of dislike this one. It sorta sounds like I'm trying to pay the guy out but i honestly didn't mean to sound condescending. meh Shrug

Also attention all U2 players!!! I must play at least one game with each one of you before I head off to uni. After that I'll be away from my PS3 for many many months...
So those who don't have my PSN feel free to add some wolfcub to your list.
And I do mean all of you. SSSNAKE EYES!!! Guns firing
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 am

I doubt that will happen with me, Wolf, our schedules just don't line up lol
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:46 am

Leo_337 wrote:
GG's all on Friday.. Had some weird connection issues but it was still a giggle, eh? Very Happy= :DVrals video up in the Uncharted video thread. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll put yours up soon, Mitch, although I have a bit of a backlog ATM... Don't worry about reminding me, anyone... I won't mind, my memory is like a sieve at the best of times. Laughing

Yeah, was great fun. Thanks for being my guinea pig on the grenade tossing exercise Leo .... Very Happy= :D

Have finally platinumed U2 (with the help of an 11 year old Embarassed ) so i can now get back to online and use my new skins at last. cheers

EDIT: Will defo get a few games in with you Wolf. When are you off??
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:44 am

Congrats on the plat, Melons! cheers
Congrats on hitting 57, Mitch! cheers
Congrats on making that high level dude look like a clown, Wolf! cheers

Of course we'll have to get in a few games before you leave, Wolfy!
Perhaps we could set up a game night of some sort and just do all kinds of random stuff Smile

I just played a game against a party of 4, all high levels.
The funny thing is that since our teams highest was a 47, I figured I would even the odds by grabbing the shotty.
Earlier I had been killed by one of the level 70 by RUNNING BLINDFIRE ONLY Shocked

Then, after I killed her once with the shotty she told me I was garbage and needed to get skills, haha.
I know I'm a geek, but that just made me laugh out loud.

Anyone reckon they'll be on today anything?
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 am

Reo wrote:
Perhaps we could set up a game night of some sort and just do all kinds of random stuff Smile

Very Happy= :D Do EEEEEET!! Uncharted2: Among Thieves 1931472354
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

Azira wrote:
Turtle wrote:
Azira wrote:
I think it's fair to reset the kill streak if you kill your team mate. Otherwise, people would be running around killing their team mates so they could get the killstreak medals if team mate kills count towards your score. I don't think they do though.

I still think it's fair.
Well, it's one thing to punish for excessive team-killing, because that's obviously a no-no. But if some fool gets blown up by a grenade meant for your enemy of his own accord, then there needs to be an allowance made. Especially if the grenade blew the enemy up, too. There should be a system that checks if whatever killed your teammate also killed an enemy; and if that's the case, don't cancel the streak, if applicable.

They can try to do that all they like, but there will be instances when people say a killstreak should have counted when it didn't, and then ND will get a mouthful of whinings and complainings, or that they didn't REALLY mean to team-kill. It's just easier to say team-kill = reset of kill streak and if some idiot runs on top of your grenade well that's the luck of the draw.

I'm not sure why friendly-fire isn't off though. Thinking

I never understood why they didn't just turn it off. It really is a simple as it sounds. Disable all grenades as far as your team mates are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Grenade spamming would be even worse maybe?
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:41 pm

? Thinking

I meant make grenades do nothing at all to your team mates.
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top