Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm

The Kurtis, which is the purchasable secondary weapon for SVER, weighs 2C. I don't think that it is worth it. Too small of clip, and light stopping power, with the cost of CP and precious loadout weight capacity, it isn't worth what it costs.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 pm

I love the Kurtis.

Well, its starting to annoy me how I can never go positive.
Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Don't worry about it, or go for a support role. K/D is completely irrelevant in MAG, because there are more jobs to do than killing the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:08 pm

I know, it just gets frustrating because I do like to kill people, plus I really want to plat this game.

Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Urgh. Good luck. Some of those trophies have insane conditions to meet.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 pm

some of them.

My main problem is one on one. I almost always lose. I've even tried flanking from the back, but the knife sucks so much that the hit doesn't even register. So, IDK what to do.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Double post, sorry edit button isn't working.

As of now I have the Vipera as my main loadout, the shottie (which I take back as my earlier post, its awesome) is my 2nd, and the SV-98 sniper rifle as my last (used mainly for shooting down paratroopers in Sabo) My secondary is the Kurtis for all loadouts. Silencer and Red dot on the Vipera, red dot on shottie, and I think the sniper doesn't have anything right now. Is there anything I should change?

Also, I mainly play Sabo, because it gives me lots of killing and flank opportunities. My favorite map is Darien Network, defending. I will hide in the bushes and wait for someone to come up the path and then I hipfire kill them. Eventually they stop going that way, but then you can still pick them off as they run across the river to get to B. Sometimes, they go around and try to get you, but, since they run and give away their position I usually kill them pretty quickly.

I really liked Aq, but now I don't every time I go there I get owned and get no kills or good EXP

Dom....I haven't really played much of this, but the few times I have its treated me fairly well. Redlining the SVER map is quite fun, and then I love flanking as they try to get the cooling towers.

I still need someone to explain this game a little bit more to me and how it works. And I still do need some general killing tips and advice
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Since no one has posted here for a couple of days, I think I can post here again.

Just a quick question, which is better, the Tamsen, The AG-94, or the AK-103
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
Since no one has posted here for a couple of days, I think I can post here again.

Just a quick question, which is better, the Tamsen, The AG-94, or the AK-103

I used to use the AG-94 for ages because there's very little recoil which I love in a gun and it has good stopping power and rate of fire. The only let down is the size of the clip, I found that I was often caught reloading and killed. So I now use the Tamsen, although I find it is a bit slower to fire and a tad more recoil the extra clip size more than makes up for it. To be honest I never really used the AK-103 all that much I haven't used it in ages so I can't remember much about it, all I know is that I thought the AG-94 was a much better gun.

That's just my opinion though, you should still try each of them and find what you like the best.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

I have the same opinion as Flight on this one. I thought that the AG was going to be the gun for me, and liked the similar attributes that he does. But the extra recoil of the Tamsen doesn't make too much of a difference, and like he covered, the large clip size is key.
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Did anyone buy that new mode? Does anyone recommend it?
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

New mode?

Newer than Escalation, you mean?
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm getting on this weekend, would anyone like to play?
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Turtle wrote:
New mode?

Newer than Escalation, you mean?
Escalation! yea thats the name sorry for not remembering the name Embarassed
I'm thinking about buying it does anyone think it's worth it?
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

I don't know if there is still that massive bonus XP for playing the gametype, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. It was very different from the other gametypes, and I do think that it was worth my purchase to get.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Woaaah. MAG conversation!

Static, you've answered my first question, you're on SVER. This is good news, because unless something dramatically changed, while I've been gone, we're still heads above the other factions. Raven might have made a slight comeback, if the Flock decided to come back, but when I left, most of them were MIA. SVER just...has too much starpower on it, and VL$ can't compete unless there were some big roster changes I haven't heard about.

The AG-94 and the Tamsen are both respectable weapons, and it's hard to go wrong with either. The AG has less recoil, and has a more controlled spread, but weighs 1c more, and has a smaller clipsize, by a fair margin of 15.

I was mainly an AG user, until the Tamsen was released, and having used both for so long, I would recommend using the Tamsen. It's still an accurate gun when bursted, and once you get used to using the SVER reflex sight, you'll still be able to crossmap targets fairly effectively with it. I felt like the Tamsen was more effective from the hip, because it's spray with a little more erratic and it kicked up a bit more, letting you headshot from the hip on crowds, as well has having that extra 15 rounds. Flight might be able to weigh in here on his experiences, as well, with the two compared on hipfire.

If you want to work on your gun and knife game, then I would suggest spending a lot of time in Sabotage. It's a small gamemode, the maps are pretty quick to be memorized, and there's a lot of focus on small skirmishes. This gives you a lot of time, and a lot of opportunities to focus on your gun work, and your knife game. As you play more, you'll start to learn how to naturally flank effectively, and another thing you'll want to work on, is learning how to hide with minimal cover, or in plain sight.
- The game is First-Person, so a lot of strange cover, or minor obstacles can be a lot more effective at concealing yourself, than you might have thought. Just try things out, bushes, small buildings, a stack of tires, they can all set up enough cover for a small ambush.

If you need to build up CP to kit out your Tamsen, and to purchase Shadow Green camo, or electronics, go to Domination, and be an engineer. Most of the ribbons focus on repairing pairs of things, so grab an APC, use a suppressed Vipera and go to town with the Repair Kit and rake in the CP. Escalation is also a solid source of CP, if you want a more combat oriented gametype, while still earning more CP than most Sabotages will be able to give you right now.

The big focus right now should be on getting your Tamsen kitted out, and getting your electronics gear. There were some really good discussions earlier in the thread on Flight's loadouts, as well as my own, as well as how our skill-trees were set-up.

After you have your loadouts taken care of, go back to Sabotage and just play and play. Work on your gun game, and work on understanding how the knife works. You're someone who wasn't spoiled by the launch knife, and how insane it was with Extended Reach, so it should be an easier adjustment for you. It seems strange, but there's a method to the madness, and once you get the hang of it, it's quick, it's quiet, and it's effective.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Endlo- wrote:
Woaaah. MAG conversation!

Static, you've answered my first question, you're on SVER. This is good news, because unless something dramatically changed, while I've been gone, we're still heads above the other factions. Raven might have made a slight comeback, if the Flock decided to come back, but when I left, most of them were MIA. SVER just...has too much starpower on it, and VL$ can't compete unless there were some big roster changes I haven't heard about.

Yay I was hoping you would come and answer some of these questions, I never put nearly as much thought into my loadouts as you so you always seemed to have a better idea of what to use.

The flock was very active until we played the 32 TDF vs. 32 3C clan battle, since we beat them 2-0, it has been falling apart. Grimace and Mud both were kicked from the clan (their best two players in my opinion), then some other people spoke out about them being kicked and they were kicked too and then other people have left since that can't be bothered with the bs from within the clan. So at the moment The Dark Flock is no more, in terms of good players any more.

VL$ on the other hand has become much stronger, GUN and WKE have both merged into VL$, so VL$ has now got a good player base with some very strong players. Although again we played 32 vs 32 against them and beat them 2-0, and we attacked and won just outside of a major victory on sabotage, around 9:48 left on the clock I think. There are quite a few videos that people recorded and posted on Youtube that I could post for you.

In my opinion Endlo- you missed some of the most fun and intense times of MAG. I absolutely loved the clan battles playing against a whole game of skilled players, the battles also showed up some people who are supposedly beasts (going by kd and what people think of them) really aren't as good as they seem and are only good against unaware noobs and got absolutely raped in the battles which was a huge surprise to me. I ended up beating a lot of players in kills and ks who have kds which are double me.

So I have left MAG on a high of some of the most intense and fun competitive gaming I have ever played, I just wish that Zipper had introduced clan battles would have made this game amazing. It was also nice to shut up all of the 3C haters and prove that we actually are the best clan in the game by a long shot. Anyway on to the Killzone 3 beta now for me. Are you planning on coming back any time man?
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Thank you, Endlo, you good sir.

The advice is all good, as I have been playing Sabo mainly. What would you recommend more, the Motion Sensor (SA) or Sensor Jammer (Evasion)? (Side note: Pwnt)
I would love to have both, but I think I would have to give up the Med kit to fit the C's in there.

Also, the Tamsen comes with which pack, again? Escalation or Interdiction?

Also, how's moving going, when will your gaming rig be back up, and are you gonna get the KZ3 beta? If so, you can introduce me to Vash Razz
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeah, I definitely missed out on the hot, hot MAG action, and it sucked. I got some....loving messages from Skully about the clan battles that he had coming up, and when I was getting my ass back online.

I'm not surprised the Flock fell apart, honestly, although I'm surprised that they kicked Grimace and Mud. Grimace isn't the friendliest in the world, and he's got his abrasive moments, but he's definitely a player that earned my respect. Have Pun and the Air Raiders taken to defending Raven's honor, or did they fall to the wayside as well?

The Flock just...went MIA. I was surprised to hear they showed up for the big clan battle, honestly. We went weeks and weeks without seeing anything more than 1 Flock. 6D9 and AIR tried to step up, though, and they did a well enough job of giving us some good games. The Flock just seemed to vanish, and I think there was some internal drama that hurt morale, and then with Black Ops, a lot of them seemed to just jump ship.

Surprised to hear WKE merged, and...whatever was left of GUN. When I was playing, GUN was so fragmented, and broken up, that it was kind of frustrating, to never get to play with them when they were in their prime. Glad to hear that VL$ has kind of worked, though, in it's attempt to unite Valor's flagship players, and try to put them back on the map. Although I respect Stylie a great deal, and what he's tried to do, I'm almost scared to ask if KEQ is still around.

A quick look on the forums didn't show their thread near the top of the recruitment boards, although it looks like PPH has a battle with AIR, or recent did, and they're still around. Glad to hear Skully is stubborn as ever, and won't merge with you guys in 3C.

I might be back in two or so months? Planning a move in just around a month, so when I get settled down there, I'll be looking at how MAG is doing, and probably picking up KZ3 and UC2/3.

Tamsen was...Escalation. The only worthwhile thing in Interdiction was the 12c armor. There's a lot to be said for the stupidity of 12c, a Shotgun and a Motion Sensor, but it's up to you, if you want to plunk down the money, for what really amounts to a dead gametype, and some rarely used armor. Do you have either of the packs right now, Static? If you don't hold off on buying them, and I'll talk to Vash, and PM you tonight, or tomorrow.

As far as the Motion Sensor versus Sensor Jammer, it's a big game of cat and mouse, within the metagame. They're both popular options, but the Jammer tends to win out, with it being cheaper, and you functionally being "invisible" with one, once you learn how far you can push it. Get a suppressor, get a Jammer, and the associated traits, and you'll notice a large improvement in your ability to flank around, and be as ninja as your style will allow.

I would definitely recommend going for the Jammer first, and then learning how to use it effectively. Again, there are some posts in the thread, a little earlier, where Flight and I discuss some of our loadouts and the theory behind them, and I'm pretty sure Flight makes a really solid post about how to move with the Jammer and utilize it effectively.

From there, if you want the Motion Sensor, go for it. It's a solid investment, but it is heavy, at 8c. There are a few loadouts where I use it, and for a long time, I did swear by it. It's a great tool to have, but I did eventually prefer to just use the Jammer and Acoustic Locator. I was aggressive to the point of having really outgrown a lot of the applications of the Motion Sensor, and replacing them with intuition. It's a natural progression, a lot like Uncharted, and you'll see that improvement over some time playing, and focusing on improving those parts of your gameplay.

If you're not actively playing with a group, I would strongly suggest looking at the MAG forums, and checking out their recruitment pages. Unfortunately, I can't suggest PPH or 3C, because of requirements, you could look into BHD, R*S or MOD, for solid SVER clans that would probably love to pick you up, and help you elevate your gameplay. Flight might also have some suggestions as well, those are just off the top of my head, and quick look over the boards myself.

Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Alright, I'll be saving for the Jammer. ANd no, I don't have both the packs. If you can get Vash to contact me I'll be able to get on this weekend, and see if we can get something going.

Right now I'm rolling with a new clan [DOS] Dogs of SVER. Iunno how its gunna turn out. Earlier I was rolling with [KTA] Kill Them All, but they weren't active that much. I already contacted Flight about 3C and if they're recruiting, but if they want someone with 2.0 K/D I can't go for that.

As long as I get into a clan that is active, and willing to help you up my skill and K/D I'd be happy to stick with them.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Right on, I'm not too familiar with DOS or KTA, but that doesn't mean much. I didn't know too much about PPH, when I was recruited, and that turned out to be one of the best decisions I could've made.

If DOS doesn't work out though, I would definitely look into either MOD or BHD, though. Men of Destruction was actually one of the groups Vash and I were looking into contacting, before Skully snatched us up, and I've always had a great time working with the Better Hide or Die guys. With BHD, don't go in expecting a crew of superbeasts, like you'd find with 3C or, to a less recognized extent, PPH. What you will find though, is a really tight knit crew, who communicates well, has a great time, and will do everything they can, to help you improve yourself. I wasn't even in BHD, but I've played alongside them plenty of times, and they're good people.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Endlo- wrote:
Yeah, I definitely missed out on the hot, hot MAG action, and it sucked. I got some....loving messages from Skully about the clan battles that he had coming up, and when I was getting my ass back online.

I'm not surprised the Flock fell apart, honestly, although I'm surprised that they kicked Grimace and Mud. Grimace isn't the friendliest in the world, and he's got his abrasive moments, but he's definitely a player that earned my respect. Have Pun and the Air Raiders taken to defending Raven's honor, or did they fall to the wayside as well?

The Flock just...went MIA. I was surprised to hear they showed up for the big clan battle, honestly. We went weeks and weeks without seeing anything more than 1 Flock. 6D9 and AIR tried to step up, though, and they did a well enough job of giving us some good games. The Flock just seemed to vanish, and I think there was some internal drama that hurt morale, and then with Black Ops, a lot of them seemed to just jump ship.

Surprised to hear WKE merged, and...whatever was left of GUN. When I was playing, GUN was so fragmented, and broken up, that it was kind of frustrating, to never get to play with them when they were in their prime. Glad to hear that VL$ has kind of worked, though, in it's attempt to unite Valor's flagship players, and try to put them back on the map. Although I respect Stylie a great deal, and what he's tried to do, I'm almost scared to ask if KEQ is still around.

A quick look on the forums didn't show their thread near the top of the recruitment boards, although it looks like PPH has a battle with AIR, or recent did, and they're still around. Glad to hear Skully is stubborn as ever, and won't merge with you guys in 3C.

If you're not actively playing with a group, I would strongly suggest looking at the MAG forums, and checking out their recruitment pages. Unfortunately, I can't suggest PPH or 3C, because of requirements, you could look into BHD, R*S or MOD, for solid SVER clans that would probably love to pick you up, and help you elevate your gameplay. Flight might also have some suggestions as well, those are just off the top of my head, and quick look over the boards myself.

Air raiders are still going strong, another clan which faced up to 3C, although we won with a major victory in under 10minutes attacking. I never really noticed what you say about TDF becoming idle, I found they were still playing a lot but I found them a lot in acquisition as opposed to sabotage, possibly why you thought they had disappeared?

As you said, GUN was quite fragmented but after a lot of people (I think we had 600 people watching the livestream fro terrorbob) saw the first big 32 vs 32 of TDF vs. 3C, a lot of people came out of retirement to compete. I know for sure that we had people who hadn't played in months come back to us. The only problem with that is that everyone accused us of calling in ringers on alt accounts when it was just old players. But people kept on making excuses about 3C as always.

KEQ is still around, although I haven't run into them for a while but I have also slowed my playing time on MAG, been back on KZ2 to get ready for KZ3 and now that the beta for KZ3 is out I'm going to be playing that almost exclusively.

To be honest I haven't seen any PPH for AGES, I don't think there were ever any plans for us to merge on either side anyway...
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Endlo- wrote:
Right on, I'm not too familiar with DOS or KTA, but that doesn't mean much. I didn't know too much about PPH, when I was recruited, and that turned out to be one of the best decisions I could've made.

If DOS doesn't work out though, I would definitely look into either MOD or BHD, though. Men of Destruction was actually one of the groups Vash and I were looking into contacting, before Skully snatched us up, and I've always had a great time working with the Better Hide or Die guys. With BHD, don't go in expecting a crew of superbeasts, like you'd find with 3C or, to a less recognized extent, PPH. What you will find though, is a really tight knit crew, who communicates well, has a great time, and will do everything they can, to help you improve yourself. I wasn't even in BHD, but I've played alongside them plenty of times, and they're good people.

DOS is a really new clan, which is why lol. I didn't really here about KTA either, and they weren't very active. I'll contact BHD, since I can't find anything on MOD
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm honestly not sure, about the potential PPH/3C merger, except that it was brought up, way before I joined. I've only heard Jager and Skully talk about it. What actually happened, I'm not sure, and I didn't know anyone in 3C well enough, sans yourself, to really get a chance to see what history was there. I'm not sure how well PPH is doing, I haven't logged in, in forever, and I only get random mail from Skulls every once in a while. We never were that big or noticed, for whatever reason, so I guess it doesn't surprise me.

I'm honestly not sure, on Flock. Even when we started to branch out in Aquisition and Escalation, we just never seemed to run into them, after a certain point. Could be random luck, or just poor timing, on when we were playing whatever gamemode. Fisher was about the only Flock I saw, for a long while, though.

3C is never going to get the respect they deserve. For whatever reason, almost every player or clan has some kind of excuse, or some laundry list of reasons why you guys aren't as good as you claim you are, despite 3C continuing to dominate the game, and direct 32-on-32 queue syncs.

MoD might've fallen by the wayside, honestly. It's hard to say, especially since I'm not very active anymore. They weren't the biggest group around before, either, but they had a few really solid players, and they handled themselves well in game, and on the forums. Whatever happens, and whoever you end up with man, good luck. MAG's a great game, that never really got it's time to shine, and I'm glad that we got some of you guys to give it a shot. I had a great time with it both runs through, and if it's healthy still, when I'm back in gaming shape, I'll probably give it a third go-round.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Alright. I look forward to seein you on there Endlo.
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top