Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am

I need tips for destroying the bunkers in Dom. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 am

Communication. If you can co-ordinate with your squad, or within the chain of command, to organize multiple squads to hit one bunker, and sweep across, it becomes much, much simpler. It's also much easier if you can try to make that sweep during some kind of OIC disruption, like a Sensor Jam or a Barricade.

If you don't have much conversation going, within the squad, or within the platoon/company, it can be rough. There are usually a few sweet spots, to try to pot-shot at the turret with, if you've got the hang of shooting the standard RPG. If not, consider investing in the auto lock-on version, for a buster-style loadout, and just switch as appropriate. The RPG isn't quite as versatile, as an anti-personnel option after 2.0, unfortunately, but you can still use it to take down turrets and APCs pretty quickly, and either bleed out, or suicide switch your loadout back to something more appropriate.

Another option, that is fairly effective, if you can organize it, within the squad/platoon, is to sweep forward quickly, with APCs and try to rush the AA, and then sweep back and take down the bunker line. That puts a lot of pressure on them, very quickly, and although you'll get some duck-hunt style turret deaths, you can still send some panic and disorganization through the front-lines, and really open up the bunker line while they're split between two important targets to maintain.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks, again, Endlo! Since I now have a new mic, I can finally chat and stuff. The one thing I hate, is when you plant the charge and it just doesn't go off. (Happened to me more than once) I planted the charge, hid in a bush, the entire run went off, and it didn't go off. The rapid beeping even went on and it didn't blow. Then, I die instantly of one SMG headshot.

Lag switchers, what can you do? Shrug
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
Thanks, again, Endlo! Since I now have a new mic, I can finally chat and stuff. The one thing I hate, is when you plant the charge and it just doesn't go off. (Happened to me more than once) I planted the charge, hid in a bush, the entire run went off, and it didn't go off. The rapid beeping even went on and it didn't blow. Then, I die instantly of one SMG headshot.

Lag switchers, what can you do? Shrug

This is a common misconception, why do so many people accuse others of using lag switches? They don't work on server based games and MAG has a cheating system similar to the PC one punkbuster. If you try and use one all they will do is kick you as you have to drop your connection out then reconnect, it only works in a p2p host system like Call Of Duty and Halo. Even then I have NEVER heard of anyone who lag switches.

What could have happened is either you weren't watching the charges well enough and someone disarmed it from the side, or they had either the OIC or platoon leader in the squad nearby which is likely, that means that they can disarm explosives much quicker so even though on your screen it should have gone off according to their screen they still had time.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 pm

The MAG community has done multiple tests on the subject of Lag Switches, and has come to the conclusion, across multiple well known and trusted posters, that they have no effect. They don't even work, and Flight was absolutely correct in why. If something like a switch were to be used in MAG, it would remove you from the game, and force you to reconnect.

Flight also brings up good points, about ninja defuses. There are both leadership perks, as well as Skill Tree perks that allow for incredibly rapid defuses, so it's not uncommon that things like that happen. As far as being one-shot by an SMG, headshots are very well rewarded in MAG, with a significant increase in stopping power, so if you were playing against Valor, who's SMG is equivalent on stat-lines to any faction's Assault Rifles, it's well within reason that it dropped you near instantly. The Raven SMG has an insane rate of fire as well, so again, being hit with a quick series of headshots leaves you with next to no reaction time.

Honestly, the entire scenario makes sense. You wiggled, or somehow gave yourself away, or were noticed, by the person who defused. Those "Commando" esque set-ups are quite popular, especially with SMGs, due to weight. This allows a player to effectively patrol an objective, that would be charged, and defuse while having enough stopping power to handle whoever tried to arm in the first place. The SMG also gives them enough weight to carry a Repair Kit as well, to handle objectives that go down. I've certainly used similar loadouts as well, so I can vouch that they are both common, and work well.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Got 4 Grims combined from yesterday. Highlight of yesterday was 48-20 in Dom. And the highlight of today was 48-7 sniping in a Sabo. Loving this game. Currently rocking a 1.04 (lulz) K/D. No clan yet, but made some friends with some BHD dudes, and all I need is the 2 DLC packs and then I can join BHD
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Mingo, do you still play this game?
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Uh...played with one of the biggest asses in 3C. While trying to snipe in Sabo (I was SL and had set frago and everything) he would repeatedly keep TK'ing me. Every time he would do it, he would T-bag me as well. I eventually got so mad I took out my RL and shot him point blank with one shot. After the match I was liek WTF to him. He messaged me back saying "Your voice annoys me" Pissed me off so much I blocked him.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Had a pretty lulz moment in a Dom earlier today.

Came around the corner on Asheron and saw 4 dudes. Killed 2 with my AG-94 and had to reload, as I was doing so, first dude I killed got rezzed, switch to pistol and took him out, next thing I know, 2nd dude is rezzed, kill him too, before dieing. I could hear those two dudes all pissed off and mad at their team
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Do you play on SVER? If so, let's add each other. I've been getting into the game again somewhat. Could use a couple of guys to party up with.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:54 pm

yeah, I'm still on SVER, planning to vet to the birds once I get 70, though.

Also, I love the Motion Sensor, perma SA without leaving yourself vulnerable. Even though I hate how running puts you on radar, as well as walking without the Sensor Jammer, running I could understand as it makes noise, but walking? Nah, I don't think that should put you on radar.

Also, Patch 2.11 comes out today, I thinks. In it comes what Valor and RAven have been begging for. Map neutrality for all modes. I have said this and I will say it again, the maps don't make SVER overpowered, the players do. The SVER playerbase isn't even that good, its the players on the other team that make it so easy. Raven blue dots don't carry medkits, and they're like baby water buffalo, as I have seen them do. Valor is the opposite, but they don't communicate very well. SVER's blue dots are willing to carry a medkit (most of the time) and revive you.

SVER playerbase= strong in numbers, weak in overall skill

so yeah, its how we communicate and how the other players on the other team work that leads us to beast this game.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 pm

What exactly does "map neutrality" mean?
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Any faction can defend another faction's map.

Ex: Raven can defend Aleyska Terminus or Asheron Refinery
Valor can defend Corvus Research or Flores Basin etc
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Ah. Okay. I'll have to hop on and check it out.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
yeah, I'm still on SVER, planning to vet to the birds once I get 70, though.

Also, I love the Motion Sensor, perma SA without leaving yourself vulnerable. Even though I hate how running puts you on radar, as well as walking without the Sensor Jammer, running I could understand as it makes noise, but walking? Nah, I don't think that should put you on radar.

Also, Patch 2.11 comes out today, I thinks. In it comes what Valor and RAven have been begging for. Map neutrality for all modes. I have said this and I will say it again, the maps don't make SVER overpowered, the players do. The SVER playerbase isn't even that good, its the players on the other team that make it so easy. Raven blue dots don't carry medkits, and they're like baby water buffalo, as I have seen them do. Valor is the opposite, but they don't communicate very well. SVER's blue dots are willing to carry a medkit (most of the time) and revive you.

SVER playerbase= strong in numbers, weak in overall skill

so yeah, its how we communicate and how the other players on the other team work that leads us to beast this game.
Oh god yes, I'm on Valor, and every single person plays for kills. It gets me so pissed off. When I set an objective, and these guys go in the opposite direction. Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Exactly, Mat. Endlo has said this before, and it is only partially true, that the Raven blue dots are afraid to push the objective. true for the blue dots. But it holds false for the arrows.

With Valor, I'm seeing from Mat's post that they may have gone under now.

So, once again, its not the maps, its the players. Proof

Attacking Corvus research with the BHD buds, the ONLY thing we could get down was the gate, and because Raven begged that they're map sucked so much they have 3 times the repair speed as everyone else, so the gate was up within a minute. That wasn't the map, it was the players. That same squad could probably beast Sry Dara or Copper Hills.

I just with people would stop begging that SVER gets a nerf.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 pm

How the hell would they even nerf an entire faction? Wouldn't that be a big update? Or am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 pm

it would be a big update, I think, but its probably going to happen soon if people keep begging.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I love the knife. It has been treating me so well these last few games. Even got another Combat Melee! cheers

EDIT: 55-17 last night, combat melee. 51-10 today, combat SMG cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Sorry I only got in one game with ya Turtle. I quit out because I hate Suppression. The previous game showed just why because it all comes down to who controls the one area and who can camp there the longest. I hate game modes that promote camping.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm going to try and get MAG tomorrow so I was wondering if there is a nation that you guys here at the nation use, just for gaming up and stuff like that, just have to ask you guys to give me some time, it'll be my first playing it lol
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:10 pm

What faction are you, Vrals.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:02 pm

I haven't gotten the game yet, getting it tomorrow so maybe I can tell you tomorrow afternoon, based on work load, time I get home, etc.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 pm

You just wait for that download. Just wait... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 30 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 pm

lol already made plans to get it tomorrow, not changing them now
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top