Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage

Borderlands - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 am

Street, General Knox is definitely the best of the three packs. It raises the level cap, the weapons get better, and the dialogue is pretty dang funny. Zombie Ned is pretty good. I mainly liked it because it was funny. Ned is short, however, and doesnt provide the most replay value. Mad Moxxi...well, to me it is only good for the bank.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 am

True. I have yet to complete the larger tournament on any map. Takes too long, and I can't seem to do it alone. Eventually, I'll just get tired. Too many rounds. It's not bad for what it is, but there's more they could've done with it, imo.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Double Post because everyone else posting in this thread is currently still in game. lol

Hey. Glad to get to play with you all. Hope to be able to do it again soon. Not sure what's wrong with my game. Keeps freezing up, usually before I make it passed the title screen.
Disc is clean, PS3's fine. Not sure what keeps happening. Froze four times today. Twice it righted itself when I left it alone for a short while.
Seems to have a problem most when I start it up already signed in.
And for some dumb reason, it not only wouldn't let me get invites from SR, it wouldn't even admit he's on my list of friends.
To top it off, the mic was all echoey half the time. The interference seemed worst on Liam's mic. Sounded almost like it was being played at double speed. Couldn't get a word of it. Sorry, bud. Ratchet I could hear okay, and SR came in eventually. Maybe since you're across the pond? Then again, my mic hearing isn't great in the best of circumstances, so it could just be me.
And why on Earth do I have to have my mic on to make my tv play your mics? That's silly.
Shrug

Oh, well. Annoying as that all was, it was still fun.
Something odd though. Lilith's run while phasewalking is already fast, but it seems even faster online. Between that and lag I ended up running waaaaaay too far on several occasions. Was actually kinda funny. lol
This really is a great game, and it feels good to be getting back into it. Especially with clanmates. Smile

And to Ratchet, thanks again for the Volcano. My Mordecai will make good use of it. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:00 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
True. I have yet to complete the larger tournament on any map. Takes too long, and I can't seem to do it alone. Eventually, I'll just get tired. Too many rounds. It's not bad for what it is, but there's more they could've done with it, imo.

The rounds take way too long. It just isn't very fun after a while. If it weren't for the bank, I probably wouldn't have spent the money.

And no problem on the sniper. Ill be farming the Fort Knox armory from now on, so if I find anything truly noteworthy, Ill make sure to give some of it to you guys. Here's hoping for a Chimera...

Good games everyone. Look forward to playing with you all again tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Double post. Embarassed

Just found my first Cyan weapon. I got it in a Red Lance Crate on the way to the Armory.

STEEL UNDERTAKER:
2419 Damage
88.8 Accuracy
1.6 Fire Rate
8 Rockets
Take 'em UNDER.
4.3x Weapon Zoom
+59% Fire Rate
+ 90% Damage
Worth #3,494,366

It shoots very fast, and does quite a bit of damage. I must say, I really like the gun! Very Happy= :D

I also just got done with my second Armory farm run. This one was a LOT better than the first, as I found 5 times as many legendaries. As stated in the previous post, what's mine is yours. If I see some of you guys on tonight, I will drop a lot of my legends for you guys. Notables are a Blast Savior (8.8 million dollars), several Surkovs, as well as Soldier class mods.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks for those reviews Monkey, and yea my bad lol. I'm using Mordecai (Sp?) the Hunter class character. I plan on getting the DLC in this order: Knox, Ned, Moxxi.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:24 am

I'm only in the Knoxx DLC and already I'm Laughing my ass off hard at some of the stuff.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:26 am

I've got my Lilith about half way through the Zombie dlc. Be heading to Knox when I finish that, most likely in a few hours.
Looking forward to it. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 am

facepalm2 STOP BEEN FASTER THAN ME!

Going through playthrough 2 of the regular missions, wanna get my Mordecai better. been stuck on Level 47 for ages.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:34 am

I'm only on Playthrough 1. It's supposed to go a lot faster for me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 am

Ah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:01 am

Good games yesterday Street and Liam, I had a lot of fun.

I still find it hilarious that I found a Vicious Orion in a white chest on Street's game...Gotta love randomly finding one of the rarest guns in the game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:44 am

Lol Chimera hunting in Borderlands.
Heres me thinking "Borderlands has Chimera? Boy be playing to much Resistance..."
"Its a gun that shoots all the elements"
" facepalm2 "

Funniest thing is you gave me a Chimera Revovler.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 am

No, that was me. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:54 am

facepalm2
Bloody memory. Still the same as last week.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:01 am

I wouldn't worry about it. Not exactly an earth shattering thing to forget. Laughing I imagine you'll be just fine as long as you remember the way to the pub. Razz

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 am

Lesus wrote:
Lol Chimera hunting in Borderlands.
Heres me thinking "Borderlands has Chimera? Boy be playing to much Resistance..."
"Its a gun that shoots all the elements"
" facepalm2 "

Funniest thing is you gave me a Chimera Revovler.

Yeah, I've been trying to find a Chimera ever since I got the game. I won't settle with trading/having one given to me. I must find it.

What's truly sad is I found another Atlas Cyclops earlier...Seems like Im getting every Orange BUT the Chimera...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 am

Whats a Atlas Cyclops?

@Cobalt: Its instinctual at this point.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm sure I've seen that text before, so I must've found at least one. Must not've impressed me at the time, 'cause I always go back to my 'Sacrifice' Volcanoes.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 am

Not too bad. I'm still using that Volcanoe one you gave me though, find it more effective than the other snipers I found that tend to be "Stronger".
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Yup. Lilith hasn't found one yet, or I'd be all over it instead of my Double Anarchy SMG. Laughing
It's just really hard to beat a guaranteed elemental effect + high damage + splash damage. I love you

Haven't found a good Lilith build yet. I'm really all over the board with her right now. Puzzled Got points in all three trees. Liking Phoenix pretty well, but I'd really like to make more use of her phasewalking. Not that what I'm doing isn't working well enough as I've died about 3 times this whole playthrough. Just like to build her geared towards something.
Shrug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah, the Cyclops is a "rare" sniper rifle. They are okay, but I prefer my Liquid Orion.

***EDIT: Evidently Gearbox has reactivated "General Knox's" twitter account. Could Knox be returning the the 4th DLC pack?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Hopefully we'll get to see something more with the Eridians in the next DLC.

BTW right now I'm downloading Gen. Knoxx and I'll probably be getting the last two either next week or the week after. Probably next week though. Hell maybe even tomorrow lol. It's pay day after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 pm

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
Hopefully we'll get to see something more with the Eridians in the next DLC.

BTW right now I'm downloading Gen. Knoxx and I'll probably be getting the last two either next week or the week after. Probably next week though. Hell maybe even tomorrow lol. It's pay day after all.

That is what I suggested last night. Stop stealing my ideas you stinking commie! Mad

I'll join you a bit later today. Got several new games today. Gotta feed the addiction you know? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Ok's this weekend if doable and joinable me will be jumping in on yas and throwing some guns down. IDK what me got atm but nearly all me guns are dark orange.
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top