Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

Borderlands - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Ah, missed that. Embarassed

The only trouble I had playing by myself was that the guns I found always seemed to suck so I felt that the game was harder than it should have been. Shrug
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

The game's difficulty is weird.
Solo, it's kinda hard early on.
Two people, it's too easy.
Three people, it's just right.
Four people, it's too easy again.
Shrug
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Is this Roland guy I picked any good coz he feels week ATM
Of corse this could just be because it all new to me.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Well...
It depends more on what guns you find most of the time how well you do. But Roland's skills are mostly tailored for team support, meaning he's better when he's with other people. His main damage increasing skills revolve around assault rifles, and it often seems like they're the weakest weapons, unfortunately.
He's kind of the middle ground character. Okay at everything, not great at much.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:54 pm

When Roland is going up in levels (20+) you will notice a difference in him. People say hes weak but when you get a good combat rifle/machine gun and an elemental upgrade for your turrent you will be able to hold your own against the hordes.
Me has Roland at lvl64 and on playthrough 2.5 with just a revolver and shotgun as main weapons.
Best tactic to do when you have just started out is to have a machine gun with big clip and use your turrent as a decoy. Wait till the turrent takes a few shots at the enemy as this will make them attack it instead of you. While they attacking the turrent you should try to flank them and shoot them from behind. Just to note 90%ish of the enemies will keep attacking the turrent till its destroyed before turning and chasing you.

Just think of Roland as a medic with a little gun buddy of massive death.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:05 pm

It's not that he's weak. It's just that his particular damage focus (in my experience) doesn't have the same kind of punch because a good ARs is harder to find. Often times this will keep you from matching another character with a different weapon focus.
Any AR you get with a good damage almost invariably has a very low clip, and any with a large clip have very low damage. Because of this he often can't keep up with a sniping Mordecai, an SMG Lilith, or Brick (just being himself).
Now, if you do manage to find a nicely balanced AR, then you're golden. Very tough to match.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Level 164 Dingo bugger me is there even a level cap ?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:24 pm

He's LvL 64. I think you misread that. Laughing The level cap is 70.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Me wish me was lvl 164 so that annoying damn crab would die easy.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:36 am

Lol yep I was way off I did think 164 was odd!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:16 am

I tried to solo the crab myself. Soon as I got up top a maggot had pushed me off the cliff.
I was all
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:54 am

Borderlands - Page 34 886746

That is one of the funnyist things iv seen for a long time
thank you I needed a good laugh!!
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:16 am

Damn crab is annoying me as it has a built in homing device on me even when me going up the damn elevator.
Me was looking up waiting to reach the summit and then the elevator went black sky on me. Me thought it was glitching on me so didn't panic. Nope me was wrong and turned into a human anal probe to the crab. The crab was not amused and 1 hit Ko'ed me somehow
Me was traumatised, ran away after respawning never to go back there ever again.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:23 am

LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:30 am

Seems the word also spread to the baddies as they now run away shooting at me instead of running at me. *Sniffs self* me no smell bad. Even Skyskraper avoids me.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:28 pm

If you want another partner for Borderlands hit me up if you catch me online.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:49 am

Got my ass kicked by sledge .when I respawn I have just about used up all ammo and health packs and no cash .does this mean I have to leave him and go of doing other stuff .....annoying
It takes so long to get anywhere.
What happens when I'm out of cadh and ammo?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:04 am

Yeah. That's why you really need to use the vehicles. Lots of level grinding helps too if you have trouble with a boss. Go out and come back like 10 levels higher than the boss and usually you'll do OK. That's what I did when I was running into trouble. Or you host, and have a buddy with a high level character join you. You'll still get EXP, and they'll do most of the work.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:21 am

Ammo: Look for skag piles or rubbish piles that you can break up for ammo. Go for head shots too, I think people tend to drop more when you head shot them.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:51 am

Best way to defeat Sledge is to keep your distance and aim at his head. Sounds simple me knows but it works . Since he uses a shotgun it will lose its power after a short distance.
Just run 'n gun and make sure you fill up on those ammo boxes that are around the outskits of the arena. If your using Roland throw your turrent down in a hallway that sledge is walking down towards you as this will provide you with a slight roadblock for a few secs and enough time to escape to the otherside of the arena.

If this dont help me can always say steal some nets and me will become your bullet shield for the battle.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Cool thanks Dingo I was staying to close for sure
Iv left him for now (I took streets advice) I'll do some other stuff.
Then go back.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:02 am

Yeah, Skag Poop is pretty much your best friend in that game when it comes to ammo.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:17 am

Lols, that still seems wrong.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:54 pm

When would it ever be right? lol
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 34 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:04 am

Oh yeah got a pistol that is just over 500 damage (pistol not revolver) x4 fire element and a 55 round clip. Me will post more stats and name when me next plays game as me has way too many rare guns now. 90 of them me thinks.
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top