Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Upcoming lab looks sick, defo looking forward to it.

Awesome games earlier, Ames and Charlitos.
No offence Charlitos, but I didn't remember you being so got damn beast at this game...what the bleep happened?! Shocked
I want some of that juice you're having!

Im gonna sort my connection later this week, been having far too many inconsistent connections, and frankly I'm pissed as of now.

I haven't read about the upcoming lab, but will we be able to use boosters?

Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm

If so, "explosives expert" will be the booster of the weekend. Instead of spamming 2 grenades, why not spam 3 at a time? Very Happy= :D

And Turtle... ahhhhh yeah Cool
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Reo wrote:
Upcoming lab looks sick, defo looking forward to it.

Awesome games earlier, Ames and Charlitos.
No offence Charlitos, but I didn't remember you being so got damn beast at this game...what the bleep happened?! Shocked
I want some of that juice you're having!

Im gonna sort my connection later this week, been having far too many inconsistent connections, and frankly I'm pissed as of now.

I haven't read about the upcoming lab, but will we be able to use boosters?

The link is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And the juice, It's strawberry, mango, uncharted 2. I think it was in isle 11 cheers
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 pm

No, boosters will be disabled for this lab. No Sure Foot, no Situational, nothing.

Just pure explosive chaos. I'm beyond excited, it's going to be nuts. I have an idea on how to camp this too, but it's a team wide effort, and it's pretty dirty.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Dirty is good, bring it on Twisted Evil

No boosters makes sense I suppose. It's not like many would be of much use anyways, except Stich. That would be a powerful combo Shocked
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Sure foot, would be very useful. It'll be weird, the puropse for cover won't be needed, therefore no regular grenade kills Sad It'll be long matches, I'd think. I sense lots of people being kicked from games.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 am

Mortar Strike? Is that like a kill streak reward or something?
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:41 am

Chance for everyone to improve their grenading skillz. Its gonna be awesome Smile

I enjoyed last weeks Pistol only plunder. I gained a lot of confidence in my handgun skills after that.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:19 am

Hmm, I don't see why we can't use negative boosters in this lab. That's stupid.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 am

I keep getting disconnected from with a error msg 80028ED6 whenever i try to get online with UC2 Evil or Very Mad. Checked on google and couldn't find anything about it. Anyone have idea an what this error msg is?
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:21 am

Not sure neo Sad

I'm curious about this strategy though Endlo Smile
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am

We'll have to have a pretty smart team to camp with grenades only. I think it'd be fun if they had a no weapons lab. Just mele kills. We could roll in a gang of 5 and nobody could hurt us Smile Also, got another rage last night Very Happy= :D Why do people call you garbage if you use certain strategies to destroy the living crap out of them?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Often because they don't have the ability nor the co-ordination as a team to break that strategy. If this is the game I'm thinking of, they kept charging in and giving us free kills. They also couldn't really handle us cornershooting, and we were able to play them from multiple angles.

I got a few new ones from that game with Psychopunch, he may be a jackass, but like FABOLES, these are the people that I've been learning from. I may not respect the way FABOLES carries himself as a player, but he's taught me a bunch about how I play, and from there, I was able to put my own spin on it.

The Grenade Camping is just an idea, but like I said, it's going to take a full team and a lot of coordination. I'll try to explain it if we can get a group going for it, and see how it turns out. It's just a rough thing, we'll have to hone it as we go, but it's a start.

Neo, I'm not sure about that error message. I've not seen it before. Is it an Uncharted-specific disconnect, a PSN disconnect? Are you having any problems syncing information when you try to log into the UC2 multiplayer?
- If nothing else, I'd head on over to Naughty Dog's forum, I'm pretty sure they have a technical support subforum, and if you post the error code, and some information about what's going on, I'm sure they'd be able to give you a hand in sorting it all out. Hopefully soon, it's been a long while since I've caught you in game.

Looking forward to hanging out with everyone in this Lab, and just having a good time.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Camping with only grenades? Sounds pretty odd, but hey, crazy things can happen Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:07 am

We should definetely get a party going on this weekend, Im off work this time so I'll be on if you have a free spot.

As of late, I've been looking at alot of vids on youtube to try and pick up a few things, but it's hard as alot of people prefer to boost their web-ego with vids against really low levels.....

If ANYONE has got vids of HIGHER levels going at it, I would really like to see them headed my way Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 am

Well I think I finally understand how I want to play, I have found my style and as long as I can stick with it I should be pulling 3.5 K/D (seriously) per match. I know it sounds crazy but I just feel so invincible when I'm focused. 50% Offensive, 50% Defensive, 100% mobile. I almost always get around 14 kills and 4 deaths. Maybe I'm just playing with inexperienced players but I don't think that's the case since I pull the same ratio against level 63's.

'nade lab is going to be sick. Hope Vash can join us. I'm really interested in what you have in mind for the grenade strategy Justin.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 5:56 am

Nice, Silver! Clap

I'll be on tonight, if anyone can give me some lessons (on anything really) please let me know here on the forums.

It seems everyone is getting so much better at this game, very fun to see cheers

Perhaps we could all party up and go through some strategies for the lab in a custom and then own some ass!
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 am

Two of the maps are going to be iffy, because of the way the spawn points are set-up, but two are probably very campable. The other two might just need to be won with a strategy based on taking the high-grounds, and effectively using them. It's still going to be possible, on those maps, I think, but it's going to be much more difficult.

This is all going to be a rough science, and we'll see how it goes. I won't even attempt it with less than a full group, it won't work, and we're all going to have to keep track of timers. Luckily, we're fortunate enough to have a built-in clock, and a resource to double-check the timing, on the scoreboard.

The concept is pretty simple, and we've seen it done before, and utilized effectively, it just takes a lot of coordination and awareness. What we're going to have to do, is use all five of us, to shut down spawn points, and force them into a specific set of points. After a few games, we should have a better feel for where we need to be, and the rotation that the game is going to use. From there, we keep those points locked down, and the goal is to have them spawning on top of live, and about to detonate grenades. We have the in-game timer, between the scores, and the scoreboard to make sure we know how many groups we'll be dealing with.

It's going to take some legwork to get set-up, and I'm curious to see if we'll be able to pull it off. With a group of five of us, I think it's definitely do-able. It's cheesy, it's dirty, but whatever. If I can find a way to camp this lab, I'm gonna do it. We figured out how to camp the Shotty Lab, too.

As far as Vash playing, he won't be. He's pretty much done with the game, I think. I'll be selling my PS3 Monday, I think, and based on the conversations I've held with him, when I'm done, he's pretty much going to stop playing it. He's busy with Killzone 2 again anyway.

Silver, I'm glad to hear you're finding your niche. It's a good feeling, especially as you start to get your routine and your rhythm down, and you just destroy. You had some insane games the other night, when we all got partied up, so whatever you figured out definitely seems to be working. Along a similar line, I need to just go back to my niche, and work it. I've been trying to hard to push myself out of the comfort zone, and improve the parts of my gameplay that aren't associated with that niche. I know what I do, I know how to do, and I do it well. Time to just make the absolute best of that, and beast it up.

That said, I'm hoping I can get some serious gametime in this weekend, with everybody, since after this, I'll be gone for a while. I do plan on picking everything back up again, but I don't have a timeframe, and it'll probably be a few months, before I can get myself settled enough to justify getting another PS3 and UC2 and what not.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 am

I plan to be on tonight since I won't be going out until sat night (unless something changes). Will be interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:57 am

Ame... that is pure evil and I LOVE IT! Very Happy= :D Yes, it's dirty... very dirty... but it shows a massive amount of coordination on our end. I mean, to have planned and thought and experimented to the point where we can pull off a system where the other team doesn't even have a chance to get out of their spawn points... that deserves some commendation. The only problem I can see is getting into formation. We still spawn the same at the beginning, and so we'd have to make sure that they die before we do and we can get into our positions to let the spawnfest begin. Might be a little tricky.

On the other hand, depending on how much of this I actually play this weekend, I'm not sure if I want to camp the entire thing. I'll definitely join in on the "Dirty Spawnfest" because it's a great strategy, but I think what I'm going to like about this lab is the amount of chaos it'll create. Like the Shotty Lab, it's just a mess of people blowing eachother's shiza all over the place, and I love that What a Face
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Played ONE nades only so far.
Went 8-3, I can see some potential with tactics for this mode, will have to try more tomorrow.

Really wanted to play with you guys, but you were already 5 rangers in the gang Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 pm

*cough cough* Guys, my throat hurts from laughing Very Happy= :D

That was the craziest, most chaotic, sheninagan filled 2 hours I've ever spent with you guys... and it was awesome Very Happy= :D This lab is freaking hilarious! Just crap flying all over the place, showers of red dots filling the air, and huge amounts of suicides... everything a Unicorn could want Razz Not to mention the chipmunk voices just added to the awesomesauce Cool

Reo, I found a strategy that works pretty well... "Spam" cheers
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Just run around the map and keep tapping L2. You'll kill someone eventually. Can't promise it'll be an enemy, though.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Cant wait to get on this tonight Smile Basketball first though methinks. Damn gut Sad
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:38 pm

I might be on in about half an hour Reo if you're reading this but I can't say for sure, but if I am It'd be a pleasure to help you with anything I can.

It is a good feeling when you've found your style and how good you do isn't based on luck but skill.
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top