Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Double Post:

Disenchanting will destroy the item, but if you don't need it, it doesn't matter. You can only disenchant for a certain TYPE of enchantment once. Meaning: You get a sword that has 10 Absorb health. You DE that one. Later you find a sword with 25 absorb health. You can't DE that one because you already have the base enchantment.

Your enchantment scales off of: Level of enchanting, perks, and type of soul used. Best thing I've found to use personally is get the black star from the Azure star quest and soul tap humans.

Edit: Went back a page. The 3 word wall is for Throw voice. It's the only Shout that gives you all 3 words to the shout. To learn it, you have to stock 3 souls into it because you have to empower each word even though they gave you all 3. The "Lich" you killed is a dragon priest and each have a mask that does something different also. I have a mask from a dungeon Dragon Priest that increases Magic Regen by 150%.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:23 pm

i was coming to say the thing about the throw voice shout. you need 3 extra souls.
good thing i got attacked by a dragon on my way up to high hrothgar while i was fighting a troll... Rolling Eyes lol
but it let me buy all 3 shouts at once.
me when i managed to beat the dragon and troll while only having to use one health potion (third try, i hate when you quicksave right as something terrible is about to happen) :
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 M9xlt
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Can anyone check to see if saves from one PS3 can be ported over to another via USB?
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Not that I know of. I know I had my gf's file on my PSN profile, we copied it over to her profile with her PSN, and it told her that she could earn trophies or save it. So she had to start a new character for her profile. Maybe if you use it under the same psn you can.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:03 pm

No, its tied to the individual machine; I had the same issue and message in New Vegas. Thanks for the info Neo.
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:25 pm

I mean Omega. Her profile is on my ps3. We copied her data straight over to her profile. Not another ps3 and it gave that message. This was all on the same ps3(only have one).
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:43 am

holy smokes i hate fast traveling to the middle of no where in the icy mountains and as soon as you load in a dragon swoops over your head.............. makes me mess my pants.

ok, so my question for today is: whats the most cost effective way to level enchanting? ive been bouncing around some cool ideas for sets of armors (armours) that would all buff up the same thing so i could wade into the thick of it all. BUT my enchant level is pathetic.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:10 am

Do the quest at Azura's shrine, which gives you an unlimited use soul gem which can hold up to grand souls. Then get a weapon with soul trap on it, and go to town. If the star is your only soul gem, use it to recharge your soul trapped weapon after every kill, as this both increases enchanting and ensures that you'll be able to continue filling your gem(s). Keep in mind that you can get the white Azura's Star or the Black Star, which differ in what types and levels of soul they can capture and the morals that go with it.

You can also go and try to sack a dwarven ruin, as the constructs therein drop soul gems, some filled and some empty, of all levels fairl often. Keep in mind though that these are some of the deadliest areas in the game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:02 pm

A friend of mine has been experimenting with Enchanting. Thought I'd pass along his findings. Do note that he's an accomplished min-maxer. Laughing

Quote :
I've been playing with enchantments. Overall, here's my conclusions:

Weapons: Frost and Shock damage. It does the most, and absorb health and stamina don't heal back enough to warrant over using a potion.

Non-weapons:
Mage: Fortify Destruction > Fortify Magicka > Fortify Magicka Regen
General non-mage: Health > Stamina > Magicka Regen > Magicka
Attack skill boosting enchants (Fortify 1Hander, Archery, Two-Hander) are really good too.

Reasoning: Destruction is the workhorse, the cheaper it is, the more you can cast and the more magicka you can save for healing and wards. Magicka > Magicka Regen because you can't regen while casting, only while waiting. And since regen is % based off total Magicka, it's better.

Health trumps all for longevity. I've tried the healing regen and armor bonuses. Not worth it. Having more life means more chances to heal or potion.

Stamina over stamina regen is the same reasoning as magicka over magicka regen for the mage.

Magicka regen > magicka for a non-mage is because you aren't constantly casting so you can actually regen while fighting.

I've played with so many sets of dragonbone that I've started to run out of materials even though I've absorbed over 20 something souls by now.

Having a set of stuff with Fortify ALchemy and Fortify smithing is nice too. I have a blacksmith's apron, some cheap boots and gloves, rings, and amulets for my crafting time. Easily gets me +100%.

Rocking a ring and neck with fortify pickpocket would be good for swapping to get your snatching shit up. ANd the three perks to get the extra 100 weight...so worth it.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Thinking hmmmm so i need to keep my eyes open for a weapon like that so i can break it down and enchant that soul trap to my back up weapon. ive actually been mucking about 1 dwarmen ruin with some luck. i just didnt have any idea that the junk that i saw laying around would be able to be smelted down to dwarf ingots ><

onwards to the shrine!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Not all of it can, so take care not to carry around a bunch of useless junk. Check at a Smelter and see what all can be refined.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Its also worth noting that most of the dwarven scrap metal is very heavy for its relative worth (this includes more than just gold value), so in some cases it may be better to NOT pick those up for the smelter, and just buy dwarven ingots using revenue gained from the loot that you pick up instead.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHp-Y3Gnm_Q&feature=youtu.be

Laughing

I think my next character will dabble in summoning.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Doesn't Sanguine's Rose summon those?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:12 pm

I think so. Haven't fiddled with it since I got it.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Once I get my hands on the Rose, I may be replacing Lydia with someone a little more casty or a little more stealthy.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Me thinks I will go with conjuration Smile Looks fun!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:32 pm

MUST , GET , SKYRIM !!!!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:42 pm

ran into a frost dragon today

"o hey there frost dragon its a dual your looking for!"

Frost breath

......... gg
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:00 pm

yea i've had this frost dragon haunting me all over the place today Sad i cant beat it and most of the time i just run away if i see it. i literally had to fight 3 dragons on my way to alduin wall. the first two were the same dragon twice because it was re-summoned as i walked by its burial mound AFTER i beat it the first time. both times i beat it with relative ease. then i had my first run-in with said frost dragon. i ran headlong at it as i had a head the size of the planet after beating the previous dragon(dragons? it was the same one twice Razz ) and was promptly shown the loading screen for my last save point. even with frost resist potions and a shield that buffs frost resistance that thing still beats the crap out of me. got my fire breath and though i'd give it a try. almost won. i needed more health potions (only had 2 minor health). by the end of the fight i was relying on restoration spells and my fire breath to do dmg.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 am

Keep in mind that the dragons themselves are using magic. If you have resist magika + resist frost potions it will turn you into a tank of a frost dragon slayer. I'm not sure what damage magika does to them though Thinking

On a comical side, some bandits tried to start me... I took 2/3 out and the other booked it. I waited until he stopped, fired at him once and he died, so I went to have a look and BOOM right between the eyes. I swear he had full health before that arrow Shocked

Later that same day, some guy tried to rob me but I had the bow equipped and shot him between the eyes too!

That night, I got ambushed by some Bandits on the road. I got hit with an arrow... Right between the eyes. Sad I now run around with an arrow sticking out of my forehead.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 am

Lol.

I'm a walking nuculear weapon of destruction. All the dragons be running from me. Or at least dying from me. Frost dragons do be coming close to getting most of my health down but because my main character at the moment is magic based instead of Melee based I don't worry about the effects the ice has on me. What really spins me for a loop is that after getting a load of dragon kills, I still get killed by necromancers being all "Hey look at me I'm Edea from Final Fantasy 8 Take mah ice spears b!t_h!". Feckers kill me quick with them.

Still trying to clear a lot of quests from my lists but as soon as I do one, then go say hello to someone else another one pops up. I have decided not to talk to anyone until I have more of my list cleared. Cept sometimes they come find me. Bloody Daedra. Anyone else do the mocking tone when you complete their quests? They be all "Don't laugh at me I will destroy you! But you can keep that. For now... until a new champion is foundDun Dun DUUUUUN!" *walks away killing any other followers around the statues*

Also the Dark Brotherhood was hired to kill me. Why I dunno, but an assassin attacked me and the note said, "blah blah blah blah kill Liamcifer blah blah blah someone did the rite blah blah blah, failure is not an option" Anyone know where I can find em with out having to do the quest so I can go to where they live and kill every last one of them, putting the note on the leaders face when I kill them and use wall of flames to make it look like I'm burning the building to the ground, like I did when that Thalmor priest was being an asshat to me so I went to a Thalmor prison base and killed every one in it.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:12 am

I have it installed, but have yet to be able to play. I had a few minutes and figured if I get the 5GB installed, then when I can play... no waiting!

I was looking at conjuration - Love me some necromancy (see my sig!). I know this game is a bit more like Demon's/Dark Souls in that you aren't tied down to a class, but that being said, I assume it's better to focus on a few things first... jack of all trades vs stong magic/fighter?

I know you with conjuration you can conjure weapons. Are they decent? Is there still a point to using corporeal weapons?

Is anything I said even factual? lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:15 am

I'm having no problems with my conjured weapons, switch to them when the magic is getting low mid battle. Bound sword is pretty powerful early on and the speed that the conjuration levels up while using them is fast. Bound battle ax I haven't used yet, I just have it in my spell list, Bound bow is good. Can be One Hit Kill at times even when seen. Reminds me, I need to get more spells for Conjuration.

When using conjured weapons your Skills that rely on the weapon type that is bound can also go up. For example using Bound Bow, my archery skill goes up. Same with Bound Sword, my one handed goes up. There is a perk that strengthens them also.

Omega, I have noticed one place in the college where spell books stock does change, Forget the guys name but one of his prompts when talking to him is "Can we do Business". I've seen books appear and bought off him books that weren't there before. Normally find him on the second floor of the Mage newbs dorms in his room at night.

I also had a "Facepalm myself" moment. After exiting a Dwemer ruin I could have sworn I was near a word wall as I heard a noise that reminded me of the sound that plays, albiet faintly. While examining around and trying to figure out where it comes loudest from I was about to give up when Lisa walked in the room to see how I was doing. I asked her did she hear that noise in the background and started moving around to see if it got louder, using her super hearing to aid me. She points at the screen and says "Yeah its that thing there with the steam coming out of it, sounds like a train." orly :orly: facepalm2
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 am

i-like-ninjas wrote:
Keep in mind that the dragons themselves are using magic. If you have resist magika + resist frost potions it will turn you into a tank of a frost dragon slayer. I'm not sure what damage magika does to them though Thinking

i do use potions to reduce frost dmg. anyone know if you use two different potions the effects stack? ie. resist cold and potion of resist frost?
honestly i could beat the dragon if i had more health ptions. it always pops up when if just finished clearing an area or done a story mission.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top