Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 pm

cant you just join anyone you want? lol
btw lucky you got frost and fire early.i got unrelenting force (obviously), whirlwind sprint, then found throw voice, become ethereal, some other ones, fire breath, detects life, frost, then another one i cant remember atm.

also i chole the Yol upgrade from parthurnax. does me some good. any suggestions on switching it?

havent played in a couple days, took a break to play mw3.
in regards to daedric stuff. i have the dagger, the guy was shadey to begin with, why would i not kill him. i currently have barbas running around with me but the quest is so far away from any fast travel spots that i've been grinding out skills.

@rhynox. when you get to whiterun talk to the mage after you talk to him for the first time. he sells spell books and i know he has summon flame atronarch and bound weapons.

i have to say flame atronarch has got me out of a few tight spots. though im not working on a conjuration build, i can see how its probably one of the strongest magics. alteration doesnt interest me in the slightest. i have a couple spells that i rarely use. do you get skill xp just for conjuring anyhting in general, or does it have to serve a purpose? cause you could just stand in the middle of a city conjuring weapons over and over. :\
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 pm

It needs to serve a purpose, the bound weapons esp. just summoning it and not using won't contribute anything, but if enemies are nearby then it increases. Also, for those who didn't know, bound weapons increase the other perks too. e.g. bound sword ups one-handed
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 pm

@ Banded - yeah I have all the bound weapons, fire and frost antronach, as well as 3 levels of raise dead spells - my current and most powerful being the revenant, but thank you.

Yeah, I love conjuration - along with it I am leveling my 1 handed skill. I hit like a truck Smile
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

anyone trying a hand to hand build? i just watched a highlarious "how to be a viking in skyrim" video and it looks tempting. i think my first alt will be a hth cat person. brings back memories of ff11 online with the mithra ::wipes tear::

rhy: dont forget to kill all zee animals you see for the precious hides to make leather! leather smithing will level your smithing up as well.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

i got the second level of frost breath, wish it was the second fire breath. oh welllll. soon...

blades armour is stupid good. i havent used anything else sincei found it. and i got it just after i made a good set of steel stuff. i have a 122 rating on the breast plate alone. orcish is only like 99 w/o upgrades.

the only blades apparel i dont have is the helmet and i only stopped using it today when i got the masque of clavicus vile.

i found an amulet of akatosh... on a drauger. is that supposed to happen?
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:18 pm

@Dmick - Thanks I usually just turn them in to strips. I never thought about leather crafting. What is the equivalent in leather to the iron dagger?

I didn't play a Mithra in FFXI, I played a black mage/summoner Taru Taru Smile

Does dragon armor have good resistances? Or is that something you enchant on them later?

Hand to hand combat, sounds so... weak. I've never even looked, are there perks for it? lol Wait! Barbarians use clubs... on handed weapons FTW! lol

Sorry for all the questions all the time, I just really don't want to "screw" up. I want spend so much time in game, but I don't have that much time.

Some day I hope I have enough knowledge of the game to contribute to helping too lol.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

- I think my next character will be a thief.

Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:25 pm

I heard there was something that let you use your gauntlet's armor rating as an attack rating for hand to hand or something like that?

Idk, I don't have the game yet.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:32 pm

RHYN0X wrote:
@Dmick - Thanks I usually just turn them in to strips. I never thought about leather crafting. What is the equivalent in leather to the iron dagger?

Does dragon armor have good resistances? Or is that something you enchant on them later?

Hand to hand combat, sounds so... weak. I've never even looked, are there perks for it? lol Wait! Barbarians use clubs... on handed weapons FTW! lol

Sorry for all the questions all the time, I just really don't want to "screw" up. I want spend so much time in game, but I don't have that much time.

Some day I hope I have enough knowledge of the game to contribute to helping too lol.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

- I think my next character will be a thief.

like jmw said, theres a perk in the heavy armour tree that lets you do dmg = to your gauntlet armour rating when you have no weapon equipped. helpful for bar fights Wink

i hate when you find a secret room/chest
open master rated lock
find:
60 gold
minor healing
minor stamina

thanks for coming

BS
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 pm

yeah, and if you can smith and enhance yours, the damage can potentially be amazing.

there are no resistances on armor when smithed, you will have to have the ability to enchant it.

i think leather bracers are cheapest? it would be a good substitute to save you some golds.

btw: i was a galka paladin ^^. no mp but could tank like a beast!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 pm

RHYN0X wrote:

Hide Bracers.

Dragon bone/scale armor has good defense, but like all armor it's just physical defense. If you want any additional elemental resistances you'll have to enchant them. Of course, at the moment the resistance stats still don't function.

Fists of Steel is a perk in the Heavy Armor tree that requires rank 30. Like B said, it adds your equipped gauntlets armor rating to your unarmed attacks. A set of dragon/daedric gauntlets forged to Legendary can deal damage on par with similarly forged weapons. They just can't do any 'on strike' effects like a weapon can. Also, from the sewers in Riften you can fight a guy who'll drop the Gauntlets of the Pugilist, from which you can learn a Fortify Unarmed enchantment.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:31 am

Awesome, thanks Banded, Dmick, and Cobalt!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:27 am

So apparantly the Amulet of Talos is a Quest item on my Orc...
Also my Orc is Awesome. Fully upgraded Ebony Armour, Gauntlets and Boots with the mask of Clavicus Vile (Who has the most annoying voice I've heard bar Cicero.) Fully upgraded Daedric Great Sword with Shock Damage and duel welding Daedric swords with frost and fire for back up. Walks into a necromancers cave. Doesn't walk out.

I need mah Resistances back.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:34 am

i am glad i have not updated this yet i still have my Resistances Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 am

i have resistance 3, but mages would merely kill me on principle. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 886746
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:39 am

Dmick024 wrote:
i have resistance 3, but mages would merely kill me on principle. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 886746

Those damn necro's keep conjuring up turrets and bombarding me with fire balls!
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 am

My copy has been dispatched. Soon this will all make sense to me. Excited
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 am

TonyTeabag wrote:
My copy has been dispatched. Soon this will all make sense to me. Excited

I am probably, by far, the least experienced of the Skyrim players crew, but I will help with what ever I can! Grats - enjoy. I know you will!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Lod wrote:
So apparantly the Amulet of Talos is a Quest item on my Orc...
Also my Orc is Awesome. Fully upgraded Ebony Armour, Gauntlets and Boots with the mask of Clavicus Vile (Who has the most annoying voice I've heard bar Cicero.) Fully upgraded Daedric Great Sword with Shock Damage and duel welding Daedric swords with frost and fire for back up. Walks into a necromancers cave. Doesn't walk out.

I need mah Resistances back.

To get the Amulet of Talos to stop being a quest item you have to take it to Solitude, find a little girl playing tag, and talk to her about her uncle, the guy who got executed. She'll ask you to convince her mom to go to the temple. Go talk to Greta (I think) and learn that she won't go without Rogvir's (sp?) amulet. Which I'm betting you picked up off his corpse.

Once the one amulet is gone you'll be able to drop/sell the rest.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:21 pm

...ah yep corpse robber here...
Nice one cobalt I know the one you mean, have that active
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 am

anyone want to start the theories and conjecture about dlc possibilities?

i for one want to get more into the dwarven mystery.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:44 am

They kind of solved that back in Morrowind.

The dwarves were playing around with the heart of a dead god and kind of removed themselves from existence while trying to improve their whole race.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 am

noooooooo!
well maybe bring a contingent back or something? i just like the feel of the ruins and the awe and terror you feel mucking about in em.

Dwemer History Lesson:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 am

Well, there is more to be discovered. For example, we know they went 'away' somewhere. We don't know if they might still exist somewhere else.
In fact, there is a quest about it. A small series, actually. There's a guy in the Mage's College who's name escapes me. Starts with an A, I know. You can usually find him in the Hall of Countenance area. Not sure if you have to be part of the college or not. He'll send you out to collect some Dwemer junk to start with. The whole things ends with him being a lot closer to understanding exactly what happened to them. So, it's possible we might eventually see a DLC or main series entry that has them return to Tamriel.

Personally, I'm hoping for something involving Talos or the Thalmor. Maybe something to improve on the comparatively lame Civil War questline.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 am

Full blown war against the Thalmor in Skyrim that ends with a battle on one of the open field areas that hopefully involves more than just 10 people from each side.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:40 am

or the other huge part of cyrodil discovered by pc users?

i did read that the dlc is not going to be something completed in a couple hours like other games release.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top