Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:06 pm

went exploring and found a word wall. those wraiths or whatever are friggin hard to beat. beat the frost dragon guarding the wall with barely any issue.
lvl13 ftw lol. i feel so inadequate.

Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:04 pm

banded1 wrote:
lvl13 ftw lol. i feel so inadequate.
Thinking I'm not the only lvl. 13? YAY!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 pm

The litches you find near Word Walls are Dragon Priests. They are unique, named enemies that drop a mask of their name. Collect all 8 and take them somewhere and you'll get a ninth mask.

Finally got my Enchanting up to 100. Time to double enchant that Dragon armor I made forever ago. Not going to bother with going through the whole Alchemy/Enchantment loop, but it's still gonna be sweet.

Oh, and just to keep you feeling inadequate...level 56. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:22 am

Level 34 with 80 Destruction 78 Conjuration (Mage stone makes this level up fast but conjuration levels up super fast) 54 Smithing (I emptied my misc chest of all skins and ores and smithing stuff and had myself some smithing grinding last night.) Light Armour and One Handed in mid 40's. Everything else in high twenties to mid thirties. Cept Heavy armour, thats still at the base level maybe two or 3 points higher due to reading skill books. I only care about burning people to death then bringing 'em back to life. And why Am I only realising now to try and do a dragon zombie? (Save file 12mb)

The other characters are 2 to 8. I made a wood elf archer thief assassin thingy and a high elf magican... I make the high elf run around in underwear. Going to be creating characters from the other races this weekend.

Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 am

I have a lvl 14 Nord who is kind of my 'I BREAK IT WITH MY FACE' kind of guy.
A lvl 13 anti dragon high elf who is 100% tank with magic. Lastly I have a smithing pro orc at about lvl 5 He nabbed 50+ pieces of iron ore from Halted Stream Camp and also has the Transmute Mineral Ore spell. For those who want to avoid spoilers about this spell, don't read.
Spoiler:
They all have 'unique' names too >_> Derpington, Poopaloopahuggington and SpecialAgentPawnchInTheFace

I was going to name the Orc Ooeeooahahwallawallabingbang but missed out by one letter, so I changed it a tiny little bit. Laughing

I might make a kick ass wood elf archer named IAin'tGotTimeForThisDAMMIT!!!
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 am

maybe i should do more quests. i get so distracted going and just exploring everything i find and then killing everyone i run into.

sneak seems so OP lol. and i noticed in the perk tree you can do even more dmg when you're hidden. i already 1HK most guys with my bow and i only have a 20% bonus strapped to it lol.

has anyone else had people hired to kill them? that has happened to me 3 times lol. once by a group of three. other times it was jut one?
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:51 am

banded1 wrote:
maybe i should do more quests. i get so distracted going and just exploring everything i find and then killing everyone i run into.

sneak seems so OP lol. and i noticed in the perk tree you can do even more dmg when you're hidden. i already 1HK most guys with my bow and i only have a 20% bonus strapped to it lol.

has anyone else had people hired to kill them? that has happened to me 3 times lol. once by a group of three. other times it was jut one?
I adventure too Laughing I just run around doing random stuff like visit caves Razz
imo I think the sneak perk is justified because all out battles get tiring after a while. I've felt like it takes a load off with it on.

You get hired thugs to come and 'teach you a lesson' if you've stolen something or whatnot. They usually come in packs of 3 and one will have a bounty letter. The only problem is that they are VERY unpredictable. My first one was from stealing A LOT of arrows from Whiterun guards and about 12 hours of gameplay later, they found me in Winterhold. The bounty letter said it was from a Whiterun guard. No I'm expecting to have a tonne of those letters judging from the ammount of guards I stole from Twisted Evil Bounty letter collector!!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:30 am

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 Bff133bd-520e-4552-a92f-325422971052

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 Funny-facebook-fails-video-game-energy-drink-more
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:45 pm

finally got to the greybeards last night. told those guys wanting the fort back to skiv off for a while. got to lvl 20. anyone else get the feeling that leveling up skills is what levels you up really fast instead of doing quests?

then since im a lizard guy i thought i would swim in the icy seas east of solitude. i wish i could tell you that i stumbled across anything remotely cool besides texture bugs and barnacle/clam harvesting.

Spoiler:

heres a question to the better dragon born players here: ive killed a dragon and a lich guy next to a word wall and got a full shout, 3 words, but i cannot use them. also picked up a shout from a quest. the problem is that is says i need a dragon soul to use but ive killed 4 dragons since then and absorbed them. did i glitch it somehow?

oh, and glory to the empire!
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:48 pm

i got a three-word-wall last night. but i saved and got off as soon as i finished the fight so i couldnt tell you if i could use it. i'll tell you once im on later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Highlight the greyed out shout name. Press square you will see your dragon soul count and a prompt to press square on the bottom of the screen. That only unlocks a word not a full sentence though.

Don't think you get exp for quest completion, only skill levelling in this one.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:27 pm

god dam i cant wait to get this i have to wait till Xmass coz i just got Mw3.
these shout thingys are they used against dragons or just common sells?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 pm

You can use shouts as a power they have a cool down timer between uses. They can be used against anything really. Different shouts different Effects. Got one that slows down time and some I don't use and some are used all the time like fire breath ice breath and ice form. Still haven't got the storm one yet keep getting side tracked. This game creates ADD or something.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:16 pm

wadey you are going to be HOOKED. its the game you love to hate, but ive never played anything like it. i spent 6 hours last night just exploring and doing very little questing. buying houses, selling goods and wares. you can do almost anything. and the shouts can be used on anything, you just need to be mindful of who is in the area of effect. i didnt think combat would be fun, but having to time my blocks and shield bashing before i try a power move is fun as hell.

Liam: wow i feel really stupid for not seeing that prompt for the shouts...... Crying or Very sad but thanks, now i will have 3 more shouts to use.

so i was being stupid and didnt realize that i would be able to do the oakflesh spell. now i can survive most human type encounters! plus i totally forgot about the ability to upgrade armor for 15 levels, lol.

so now my question is how do i upgrade armor that has an enchant on it? ive got some dwarven gloves that increase my 1h attack, and i want to upgrade the armor value but it says im lacking a perk. do i need to get my enchanting up, or do i need to get smithing up?
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:28 pm

You need to get your smith skill up, I believe its level 60 or 70 that you can unlock the perk that allows you to upgrade enchanted weapons. If your smithing and enchanting is high enough you can always just disenchant and upgrade, then re-enchant. or make different/ better armor and use the same enchantment on it. but usually that isnt as good as the original unless your enchantment is really high.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Pretty sure Disenchanting an item destroys it completely.
Enchantment strength depends on a few things when you go to make your own.
Type of Soul used.
Enchanting skill level.
Enchanting skill buffs from potions (if any).

There are some hidden spells I learned today. Got my Destruction up to 100 and talked to the Destruction trainer in the College. She'll start you on a short quest. It ends with you getting the Master level Firestorm spell, and you can buy the Blizzard and Thunderbolt ones from the trainer. Long charge up on them, but highly effective.
For example, the shock one is a sustained spell (like Flames).
It does 75 damage.
Per second.
With the gear I just forged and enchanted today, I can fire it for nearly 30 seconds. With the right (or very, very wrong) enchantments, I could fire it indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:49 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Pretty sure Disenchanting an item destroys it completely.
Enchantment strength depends on a few things when you go to make your own.
Type of Soul used.
Enchanting skill level.
Enchanting skill buffs from potions (if any).

Disenchanting will always destroy the weapon (unless there's a skill that doesn't destroy it) but I think what Revv meant was destroy a weaker weapon to make a different, yet better weapon. I always disenchant nowadays, I did it to my Orcich dagger of flames and put it onto my Dwarven sword.

Also, add apparel to that list, such as robes and amulets that can enchance enchanting.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 am

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnddd that's the main quest down, ladies and gentlemen and Liam.
cheers
Fairly epic. Smile
Onto the Civil War quest now, followed by the Companions. Then it's time to start over with a stealth character.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 3:09 am

go cobalt, go cobalt!

im most of the way through the civil war questline and im really impressed with the variety of missions you have to do.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 3:19 am

Minor Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 am

So I'm level 27ish, and I feel like I've barely touched any of the quest lines; I have to get the horn of Urgen Windcaller in the main quest, I'm towards the beginning of the Dark Brotherhood, and the rest I'm either on the first mission or I haven't touched. THIS GAME IS TOO BIG AND FULL OF AWESOME.

Oh, and 30x sneak attacks are insane. Kills lotsa things dead.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 am

lmao im att he exact same spot as omega. i saw how far i had to walk/ride to get the forn and was like "well F*** that, im going 'sporing!"
and then i found a cave full of dwemer (sp?) machines (what are they weak against, if anything?) and promptly got my ass handed to me. time to grind some more.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 am

Dwemers are weak to higher level characters. Thats about it; they're not ment to be taken on at earlier levels. Then there's the Falmer, who occupy similar areas and provide different challenges. Kill more Draugr, then go after the rust buckets and their crabby friends.

Does anyone know how to get mages to sell better spells? I'm having a hard time trying to find invisibility, detect life, and other spells like those.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 am

I don't think the mages' inventories change. Have you been to the College in Winterhold though? You can find a lot of stuff there.
You'll also have to find some few specific spellbooks in dungeons. For example, I found one called Transmute that turns silver ore into gold ore, or iron ore into silver. Not the most useful of things, but pretty sweet, and unavailable through other means. I believe that's how I also found Detect Life. I just use the Aura Whisper shout for that though.
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile guys, but here is my progress.

70 hours: Seraphum, Female High Elf Spellsword (Melee fighting caster, Primary trees: Destruction, Conjuration, Sneak, One-handed)

Finished the Civil War (Stormcloaks)
Finished All Guilds (Assassin, thief, companion and mage)
2/15 daedric items
Two homes (Whiterun and Windhelm)
Married to Aela from Companions
Level 49 (1/4th from 50)
Maxed Sneak, Blacksmithing, Illusion.
72% through to my platinum.

Have these left:
Elder Knowledge
The Fallen
Dragonslayer
Sideways (10 side quests)
Thief (50 locks/pockets, have about, 10 pockets left)
Master Criminal (Doing after i'm done with main story)
Reader (like, 10 books left)
Oblivion walker
Thu'um Master (can't complete until main quest is done fyi)
Master (1/4th left)

10 Trophies left, Have also killed like, 30 dragons and have been getting nothing but Ancient dragons attacking me now. Good times.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top