Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Battlefield 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

Battlefield 3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 am

Fun times
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Azira wrote:
Sigh. I wasn't expecting 64p on the consoles but I was hoping for the 32p.

"Faction-locked" weapons? Not sure what to think about that.

As was I. Blame Microshaft, they may not publish your game on the 360 if the PS3's version has a feature the 360's doesn't or if they're not of equal quality. Neutral

Faction-locked as in, only USMC can use M16A#/M4(A1)/M249 SAW/etc. and only Spetsnaz can use Kalashnikov stuff.[AK74m, AKS74u, SVD]

I'm pretty sure the German stuff like the G3 and HK416 and G36C is faction neutral. Not sure about Belgian stuff like the F2000, P90 and SCAR.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:23 pm

TheLastNinja wrote:
Azira wrote:

As was I. Blame Microshaft, they may not publish your game on the 360 if the PS3's version has a feature the 360's doesn't or if they're not of equal quality. Neutral

Faction-locked as in, only USMC can use M16A#/M4(A1)/M249 SAW/etc. and only Spetsnaz can use Kalashnikov stuff.[AK74m, AKS74u, SVD]

I'm pretty sure the German stuff like the G3 and HK416 and G36C is faction neutral. Not sure about Belgian stuff like the F2000, P90 and SCAR.
Microsoft couldn't stop Valve from giving the PS3 the superior version of Portal 2 over the 360's. Lame. Razz

Unless the guns of the opposite factions have the same corresponding stats I'm not sure I'll like them. The too familiar example of GR comes to mind when teams are given supposedly equal abilities but it turns out that one side ends up clobbering the other.

I have some RL friends who sound like they're going to buy BF3 (at this point I jump up and down as I'll play the same game as them for once Razz). I get to play teacher haha.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Azira wrote:
TheLastNinja wrote:
Azira wrote:

Microsoft couldn't stop Valve from giving the PS3 the superior version of Portal 2 over the 360's. Lame. Razz

Unless the guns of the opposite factions have the same corresponding stats I'm not sure I'll like them. The too familiar example of GR comes to mind when teams are given supposedly equal abilities but it turns out that one side ends up clobbering the other.

I have some RL friends who sound like they're going to buy BF3 (at this point I jump up and down as I'll play the same game as them for once Razz). I get to play teacher haha.
You should have been my teacher at BC2. You have like a .75 better KDR than me. Razz
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:58 pm

bc2 was so much fun
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:01 pm

matt wrote:
You should have been my teacher at BC2. You have like a .75 better KDR than me. Razz
All you had to do was ask. Razz
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Azira wrote:
matt wrote:
All you had to do was ask. Razz
Laughing I was on a roll when I got a two kill streak.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 pm

You received pins if you got 6- and 8-kill streaks.

Is there any word about what the pins are like in BF3? I'm assuming it would be similar to BC2's system but I don't know if they're taking the opportunity to overhaul any rewards.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Azira wrote:
You received pins if you got 6- and 8-kill streaks.

Is there any word about what the pins are like in BF3? I'm assuming it would be similar to BC2's system but I don't know if they're taking the opportunity to overhaul any rewards.
I must've gotten like 2 pins. Laughing I did hear about the pins somewhere, but I forget how many kills etc. scratch
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Azira wrote:

Ribbons shall replace pins. Medals shall replace insignias.

I think it'll be like Warhawk with IAR and Global requirements for rank and awards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Ugh. It took way too long to do anything in Warhawk.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:15 pm

So far, not liking the beta.

1. Guns are STILL unbalanced as h ell in this game.

2. You drop EVEN faster now

3. Submachine guns have waaaaay too much range.

4. Lagtastic and a glitch fest. Fell through the floor like every 5 mins. Only way to get out is to kill your self
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:32 am

Imbalanced in what way?

The damage is glitched according to demize.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any SMGs in this game... [Although, depending on which variant of the UMP and what the PP-2000 is chambered with, I suppose those would be the only 2...otherwise it's only PDWs.]

It is a beta, after all...

They need to hurry up and open access to all. DX
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 am

Oh, that must be why I'm getting dropped in one shot. EVeryone's running around with LMG's one shotting everyone :/

AK-74u was a submachine gun, as far as I remember (Thanks, Black Ops Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 am

It's not live in NA yet. I need to go to school and want to start downloading it before I go. D:
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am

I'm in CA, and I was able to download it yesterday : D
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Give me tanks. Naow.

When is this game out? When can I pick it up? Can I do it now? What? I have to wait a month?

WHY?!?!

<3
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Lol, Az. If you want, we could party up, as with friends I don't rage towards BF games as much as I usually do.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
Oh, that must be why I'm getting dropped in one shot. EVeryone's running around with LMG's one shotting everyone :/

AK-74u was a submachine gun, as far as I remember (Thanks, Black Ops Laughing )

NO. NEVER take CoD as fact!!

CoD is full of shit. Razz

The AKS-74u is a carbine/short assault rifle. NOT a submachine gun.

Another example of CoD being full of shit: The M4A1 is not an assault rifle, it's a carbine.

The P90 and MP7 and PP2000 and PDR are all PDWs. [Size of a submachine gun. Power, accuracy and armor-penetration of a carbine. So, it's easy to mistake them because of their size.]
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 pm

haha.

I can see why damage levels are glitched. pistols take like 10 shots to kill, unless I miscounted. And the semi auto snipers are one shot I guess
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
haha.

I can see why damage levels are glitched. pistols take like 10 shots to kill, unless I miscounted. And the semi auto snipers are one shot I guess
I honestly think that you are taking the beta much too seriously. They have time to tweak it, just because it starts out bad doesn't mean its doomed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 pm

I understand its a beta, but don't release a beta this glitched. Especially to the public. That's what the PRIVATE beta's are for, to work out the bugs, get it better, then release to the public as a beta. Not only are damage levels glitched, there's a prone glitch, the floor glitch (which is incredibly annoying, but rewarding) and the reviving bug thing.

Incase you don't know the revive bug, you don't just hit the area around them, the hit has to be CENTERED on their body. Otherwise it doesn't revive. Sometimes you're just left standing out in the open trying to revive someone, then you DO revive them, then get owned in the face.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
I understand its a beta, but don't release a beta this glitched. Especially to the public. That's what the PRIVATE beta's are for, to work out the bugs, get it better, then release to the public as a beta. Not only are damage levels glitched, there's a prone glitch, the floor glitch (which is incredibly annoying, but rewarding) and the reviving bug thing.

Incase you don't know the revive bug, you don't just hit the area around them, the hit has to be CENTERED on their body. Otherwise it doesn't revive. Sometimes you're just left standing out in the open trying to revive someone, then you DO revive them, then get owned in the face.

No...all phases of beta and alpha are meant to find bugs and issues and to also balance things. In addition to what the alpha/private beta are meant for, the public phase is to stress the servers. -_-

Revive bug...um, I don't know about you, but it makes sense that if you're using defibs to revive someone, you'd have to zap their body. Don't see how you'll revive someone by zapping the ground next to them... scratch

The only thing I don't like about revivals is 1 zap isn't enough. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug with the animation/code.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 am

I've tried to jump into games that friends are in but out of the five times I've tried I've only been able to do it once. I think the servers are just filling up so fast that you try to join and the space will already be filled.

First beta I've played in a while that hasn't crashed in the first 20 min. Razz
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:51 am

TheLastNinja wrote:
Static-Star1 wrote:

No...all phases of beta and alpha are meant to find bugs and issues and to also balance things. In addition to what the alpha/private beta are meant for, the public phase is to stress the servers. -_-

Revive bug...um, I don't know about you, but it makes sense that if you're using defibs to revive someone, you'd have to zap their body. Don't see how you'll revive someone by zapping the ground next to them... scratch

The only thing I don't like about revivals is 1 zap isn't enough. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug with the animation/code.

I know that, I meant, as in like you could hit their head or groin area and it won't revive them. Has to be in their chest, where in BC2 you could hust Zap and presto they're up

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top