Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

MW3 can't pwn this game hard enough. I really have high hopes for it given that it's being developed by sledgehammer (IW with a different name essentially). Truth is it won't be hard to impress following MW2 and BO.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:26 pm

But why would they bother to impress when they can just clone? Impressing requires work which mean time they won't be given and money to go along with it.
Shrug
I don't think I'll be buying MW3 or any other 1 year dev cycle game.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Technically, each game is on a 2 year dev cycle. Up until now, they haven't shared the same engine. I don't know what engine MW3 is going to use.

As for Sledgehammer, they are not IW. Sledgehammer was brought in to create a new installment of COD. However, that was put on hold and Sledgehammer is working with what is left of IW on the MW3 campaign.

The multiplayer aspects of MW3 are being worked on by Raven Software. Raven did the DLC for Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Noted.
CobaltMonkey wrote:
I don't think I'll be buying MW3 or any other 1 2 year dev cycle game.
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Being sprayed through a building on Hardcore Search is really doing my head in. Happens quite a lot!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:28 pm

All the more reason not to play HC. Razz It's too campy for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:43 pm

HC FTFW!!!!
They go down so fast...
Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Right. Wouldn't want to require a modicum of skill or anything...
Nananana
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

yes, but thats the reason people dont like HC. people are scared of going out and getting shot, so they honker down hand wait for someone to come to them.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:07 pm

I dont have a problem with MW2 anymore, now that the hacking is fixed.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm

just the regular MW2 Bullshit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

watch any to see how i make MW2 fun Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 pm

They can impress VERY easily if they clone the COD formula but pay attention to what they are programming like OMA resetting ammo and 25ms lag regardless of peoples' connection (3 bar? I think not).

The thing is treyarch screwed up in a completely different place that IW did and people weren't (but should have been) expecting them to. The engine. It's trash. It works for zombies. IW engine is by FAR the best for any FPS (frostbite remains to be seen), only the variables in it like the aforementioned perk are completely f**ked. I find it funny that they actually released a patch for some DLC map exploits and STILL didn't fix OMA. Don't they realize they can play their own game if they fix it? That it will be fun if they take half an hour to just exclude the tubes from the ammo reset?

New site background and sprites look sweet.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:59 am

if all people look for is the bad things in games that is all they find
and never have fun .IMO Blop's beats MW2 any day
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:01 am

Take out the lag and the hit detection issues and I also think BOps is better than MW2.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:11 am

hit detection issues .
they dont bother me if you dont see where you are getting shot from then
do you relay have a chance anyway to turn and shoot .
in Blop's you wont have time to react even if you know where the shots are coming from .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:40 am

I believe he means the problem of when you are shooting at someone very accurately, but the bullets don't register. Meaning not only do you not get the kill you earned, you probably die, or at least waste a great deal of ammo. This problem is made worse when paired with the ever present lag.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:04 am

I had some really good games last night on Barebones.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:19 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
I believe he means the problem of when you are shooting at someone very accurately, but the bullets don't register. Meaning not only do you not get the kill you earned, you probably die, or at least waste a great deal of ammo. This problem is made worse when paired with the ever present lag.

o yea this is true i thought eatt meant when you are getting hit my bad
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:32 am

Yes, it's particularly noticeable with the sniper rifles. You land a shot squarely on someone's chest and not only does it not kill them but it doesn't even register as a hit. This even happens on Combat Training.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 am

ok i have not sniped at all relay so i my not have noticed as much .
but i do plan on getting to the sniper soon just to mix it up
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Nananana
Evil or Very Mad
Im a run and gunner, these HC campers aint got shit on me!!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 am

SpongeBobNoPants wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Nananana
Evil or Very Mad

Careful now or there may be Poo flinging. tongue
Run & Gun myself. Lot of people seem to be camping lately though in all the games I get into. Cept for in Domination Games... On Launch Yesterday, Took B and a whole lot of people started coming down the Ramp from A, I was getting loads of kills there while defending, tossing out nades and flashbangs, then I get disconnected. Had to be one of my best and fastest streaks. Wonder if it was camping or defending though cause they kept coming down that ramp...
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 am

You're steller skills and tactics were too much for BLOPS, so the Treyarch system over loaded.

Hope that helps Lesus.

Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:08 am

I figured as such.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 am

Lod wrote:
SpongeBobNoPants wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Nananana
Evil or Very Mad

Careful now or there may be Poo flinging. tongue
Run & Gun myself. Lot of people seem to be camping lately though in all the games I get into. Cept for in Domination Games... On Launch Yesterday, Took B and a whole lot of people started coming down the Ramp from A, I was getting loads of kills there while defending, tossing out nades and flashbangs, then I get disconnected. Had to be one of my best and fastest streaks. Wonder if it was camping or defending though cause they kept coming down that ramp...

(sarcasm) You where obviously camping. I mean if you stop for a second to control that part of the map and head glitch that pipe what else could it be? (/sarcasm) I say well done Lod.
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top