Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Borderlands 2 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 am

Ah. I thought you meant having anything that boosts health in general. My mistake.

@Dingo, yeah, it did. Sad
But on the other hand, playing matador and jumping over them at the last second was kinda fun. Not sure how much lag you were getting, so that might make it less fun.

Oh, yeah. Current rumor regarding Vermi.
The artifact dropped by Terra, the "Blood of Terramorphous" may influence the speed of Varkid evolution when equipped.
No proof that I'm aware of, but something to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:10 am

Beat my first playthrough last night with Axton. Working on the arena in the Eridium Blight, currently in the fifth round. Bloody hell talk about getting swarmed. Even with 2 turrets. Need to get some rocket launchers on them.

Trying to figure who to go with next.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 am

Best thing I found to do in that arena's later rounds, when there's a ton of rockets and flying enemies, is to run over by the cliffside and stand in the crate there. If you're about halfway in, then rockets won't get you. You can also peek out the back and take out surveyors and jets a bit at a time.
If you don't have it yet, then go get the Dahliminator from the Lost Treasure quest in Sawtooth Canyon/Caustic Caverns. I'm not sure if it's always the same, but mine was corrosive and tore those mechs to bits when I wasn't shooting them in the eye with my Beefalo Combo.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 am

I got some good Corrosive weapons, one as strong as Elephant Gun 2.0, with a scope. It's the pure swarming of it all and backing myself into an awkward corner. Didn't know about the crate though.

Also I gotta stop charging those walking tank loader things. Thats not smart.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 am

It's fine as long as you have The Bee. Go farm it to make all your problems go away a bullet at a time. Laughing

Started it today and man, this second playthrough is pretty brutal. I took off The Bee because the shield is ridiculously low and usually vanishes with one blast of anything now. Only useful for sniping. At least, until I get a level 50 version.
Even being overpowered at the end of the first playthrough, I was struggling. It's like, well, starting the game fresh.
Oh, and there are new versions of enemies. Most standout one for me so far is the Armored Psycho. None of my corrosives are good enough right now, so they're a pain.
Haven't seen a Goliath yet, but looking forward to it. Not looking forward to Threshers. pale
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:11 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Ah. I thought you meant having anything that boosts health in general. My mistake.

@Dingo, yeah, it did. Sad
But on the other hand, playing matador and jumping over them at the last second was kinda fun. Not sure how much lag you were getting, so that might make it less fun.

Oh, yeah. Current rumor regarding Vermi.
The artifact dropped by Terra, the "Blood of Terramorphous" may influence the speed of Varkid evolution when equipped.
No proof that I'm aware of, but something to keep in mind.
if you have a class that actively regenerates health then yes its good, but if you cant actively regenerate health it ends up staying pretty low most of the time. salvador has such ridiculous health regen having it high is definitely a good thing.

and while maya does have a lot of health related buffs, she also has by far the best shielded defense. you could probably make a really good maya tank with a turtle shield. she has so much stuff that boosts shield capacity and lowers recharge rate.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 am

I feel like the siren is going to be the most ridiculous class once they raise the level cap. almost all of her abilities work so well together. once she is able to combine sub-sequence and ruin (which she is currently 2 points away from being able to do) it is going to be ridiculous. especially considering to reach sub-sequence youd be able to snag the faster cool down, longer duration, and converge abilities.

also out of boredom I ditched all my high level gear and am just scavenging what I can to get by. right now im pretty much just using a non elemental hyperion smg
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 am

Well the hunter in the last game was over powered as well so it makes sense, to me, that at least one of them be over-powered.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:38 am

the gunzerker is the most ridiculous right now,
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:41 am

Plus how much damage more can you make Zero do with a few more points?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 am

I already have enough to max out just about all of the related abilities. i wouldnt get much more of a boost.

the difference between maya and the other classes is the other classes is that they can already achieve close to maximum potential. having more skill points mainly lets them become more well rounded characters, but doesnt strengthen there specific roles much more. for example the gunzerker has a tree for damage, a tree for continuous fire and a tank tree, he now has more options. but mayas cataclysm tree is all about elemental damage, while motion is about phaselocking. some cataclysm abilities are triggered from pahselocking, so when you combine the full potential of those 2 trees it multiplies her power where as for other characters it is simply adding.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

Thinking Interesting... So say the raise the level cap 11 levels as previous?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 am

imagine using phaselock (which lasts longer and has a shorter cooldown) you activate it and it pulls all enemies into it (converge) while causing a fiery explosion (helios) while ruin does shock, slag and corrosive, you shoot at the phaselocked enemy it creates an acid cloud (cloud Kill), after you kill the phaselocked enemy not only are you doing fire and corrosive damage (blight phoenix) to all nearby enemies (who are all grouped up from the converge already) but sub-sequence phaselocks a new enemy which triggers a new helios and pulls the enemies together again.

and that is not some hypothetical dream scenario. all of that is going to happen by simply phaselocking a weak enemy and shooting the phaselocked enemy. and that scenario requires raising the level cap by 6. not 11
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:23 am

EASY MODE!
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 am

nobody wrote:
and dingo the reason I asked was because you talked about using it on terra, but if its not even hitting for 100K then no it wont likely put a dent in him
Me has not gone near Mr T yet on the 2nd playthrough though me might try it out on 1st playthrough to find out. Also the 2 hit to kill a golaith is close to a 1hk as there is only enough life left on the guy to melee but its quicker to hit him 2 times with rpg then risk him rageing.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 am

I think Nobody said that regardless of playthrough he is always Level 52. Don't hold me to that though I coulda misread it.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am

Lod wrote:
I think Nobody said that regardless of playthrough he is always Level 52. Don't hold me to that though I coulda misread it.
no you remember correctly.

Biggest difference between the 2 when fighting terra is ammo is cheaper on 1st playthrough. it costs more then 10k for 12 rockets in TVHM
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 am

in the second ( i havent reached it just yet )playthrough ive been noticing on a lot of fourms that they tell you to save some side quest for 2.5 play through. they are implying that if you do the missions on the 2nd play through that they will not be available in the 2.5 playthrough i cant find anything that confirms or denies this . im not sure if anyone here knows anything about this but id like to know so i didnt mess up my chances on getting the top guns, and wanted to make it aware here just in case no one else heard of anything similar.

Sorry if this is confusing guys.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am

2.5 isnt another playthrough hence the .5 it is simply playing after you beat it the 2nd time and everything gets upped to level 50ish, so it doesnt reset any quests
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:30 am

thanks nobody now i wont be so worried lol
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:50 pm

also in order for it to go to 2.5 you also need to do some of the opening side quests in the southern shelf for some reason

Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Just got a lovely sniper rifle to whom a monkey has been trying to get for a while. ^_^
Scored it on me first go too.

Damage - 11295
Acc- 98.1
Fire rate - 2.0
Reload speed - 3.1
Mag size - 10
Burn damage/sec - 1532.7
Chance of ignite - 36.0%
50% weapon acc
Firing increases acc

Oh did a little hunting on Mr T and the damage from me rpg (57249) comes in at 51274 points aka still takes a F load to kill him lol.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Put on golom voice.

I HAZ THE PRECIOUS IT'S IS MINE!!!!
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 am

that is a really good sniper. your not level 50 yet right? level 50 snipers generally range from 10-35k and having a sniper thats even within range of that level 50 range without being a level 50 is pretty dang good
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 am

Dingo wrote:
Just got a lovely sniper rifle to whom a monkey has been trying to get for a while. ^_^
Scored it on me first go too.

Damage - 11295
Acc- 98.1
Fire rate - 2.0
Reload speed - 3.1
Mag size - 10
Burn damage/sec - 1532.7
Chance of ignite - 36.0%
50% weapon acc
Firing increases acc

Oh did a little hunting on Mr T and the damage from me rpg (57249) comes in at 51274 points aka still takes a F load to kill him lol.

If it's a Volcano, then I'm quite jealous. What drops it?

Btw, that Goliath vid was hilarious!
Borderlands 2 - Page 19 886746
Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top