Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 pm

so I've sort of gone back to this game, going to get to 70 with my current guy then vet up to Valor, try to get to 70 there before U3 comes out and then go back to SVER, should be fun haha
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Got rid of this game, so don't expect me to be on this anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:03 pm

I don't lol, only really coming back since I don't have much else to do video game wise, I might go back to U2 like 1-2 weeks before U3 comes out but idk yet, will definitely go play U3 once I get it, hope to pre-order it soon lol
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:04 pm

lol you have Battlefield 1943 right?
You could hop on there with me, or if you have BC2 we could do that to
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Only have 1943, my mom has a strict no rated M games allowed in the house, just waiting for college, when I can get the rated M games and game it up with the rest of the nation lol
Back to top Go down
King_Kevin97
New in the Nation
King_Kevin97

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 am

I'd play this game a lot more however I feel that it takes way to long to get a game now. Sad

It used to be my favourite game but now, I am considering selling it. Great game in its early days, but not now. I think Zipper could have advertised it more, and the interdiction and escalation game modes went down like a led balloon.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 am

I've found that it depends on the day and on your PMC, SVER doesn't normally take long to find a game, Valor is a bit on-off, but Raven always took forever to find a game, I think it might be lesser played of the three PMCs
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 am

King_Kevin97 wrote:
I'd play this game a lot more however I feel that it takes way to long to get a game now. Sad

It used to be my favourite game but now, I am considering selling it. Great game in its early days, but not now. I think Zipper could have advertised it more, and the interdiction and escalation game modes went down like a led balloon.
You would literally get somewhere around 5 dollars.
Back to top Go down
qnt3n
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm

What's up all, been awhile. Thought I'd post something here since this is the only game I play. Very surprised to see that this game is still limping along.

I'm running with MOS now on Valor, been scrimming a lot with them this past weekend, fun times
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 pm

I have not played this game in awhile, been too busy with other games, but it sure was fun, its probably one of those games that people just can't get away from for too long
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Gentlemen, your country needs you. It is of the utmost importance that MAG 2 is made.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 am

The first one pissed me off.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Lod wrote:

How come?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 pm

considering that Sony has disbanded/closed Zipper Interactive I don't think that there will be a MAG2. However, if they ever do release it, you better believe that I'll be pre-ordering it, oh how I enjoy having a GameStop on my campus.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 am

FrostytheSnowmurai wrote:
Lod wrote:

How come?

Cause I couldn't kill anyone. 2 steps, dead, wait to respawn, 2 steps the other way, dead wait to respawn. Every game.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Lod wrote:
FrostytheSnowmurai wrote:
Lod wrote:

How come?

Cause I couldn't kill anyone. 2 steps, dead, wait to respawn, 2 steps the other way, dead wait to respawn. Every game.

Eh? Do you remember the mode? Most spawns are inside rooms surrounded by minefields, so I don't understand the death after 2 steps. o-O Do you recall if you were attacking/defending?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Might be more accurate to say "two steps into where the action actually is after waiting a minute to respawn, running all the way up to it (if there even was a truck available, half the time someone was just hogging it or afk in the driver's seat), then getting pinged and dying."
More accurate in my experience, anyway.
Now, that is the worst case, if your team has been redlined (pushed back to where the enemy can't enter).
Some of the map design was just retarded as well. I remember one in particular had both the attacking team's spawns with nowhere to go but straight into a couple of turrets. A skeleton crew could hold it against any number of attackers unless they just got unlucky.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Just played some MAG and now I realize how possible it is for the situation Liam was talking about. I rushed a bunker spawn and killed everybody exiting it so I could try to plant a C4 charge during the spawn wave. I also slung a few frags into enemy spawn areas to try and get multi-kills off the spawn waves.

Then in Sabo, enemy team had quite a few cowards that just sat back and sniped from behind the redline, which resulted in their entire team being easy to suppress behind the redline. I had to bust out the SASR to get my Grim Reaper ribbon. Most of the kills were enemy snipers, but there were a few kills on people barely coming over the ridge from the spawn.

Cobalt, were the vehicles parked in a certain area when the driver was idle? Some people use them to block the area for C4 charges, or to hold down an area with the turret, or to keep the APC hidden so it's not destroyed as easily.

Going by your last statement about the turrets, I'm guessing you were either Raven or Valor? Razz
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Valor, yeah. Not that we didn't crush SVER on occasion. Razz

Blocking off points was fine. Completely understandable. It was more for when they were just sitting near the other of your spawns and/or driving around seemingly aimlessly. I would assume some of that driving was simply learning, but I never did see a good driver.
Shrug
Thus all the walking and dying and walking and dying. Or occasionally parachuting and dying.
More than anything it was having to sit on your hands for a half-minute to a minute (constantly Blockaded, it seemed like) at a time just to respawn and either die right off or walk forever and die off.

Honestly, I think the game requires a lot more coordination than is generally used. Keeping in mind that this was somewhat near the game's start. It could have improved. Hoping Dust 514 doesn't have similar issues.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 pm

The APC is not a battering ram, and it's not really meant for transportation. It's a forward spawn, and a delicate one at that. That's why they were keeping it idle, so no randoms would move it.

As for aimlessly driving, some people were probably going for the roadkill medal/ribbons. I remember doing laps around Domination maps once we were pushed back, just to run over as many people as I could. Razz

I understand the frustration of spawning into death, especially when parachuting and just being hit by a sniper. I'm less annoyed by it when I'm on the ground, because that's more in my control, and I should know better than to exit the bunker without surveying the area. The same applies to using the same path when I know it's held down.

Yep, overall coordination became better a little while after the start. SVER definitely had some of the best cooperation when the game started. Randoms appeared to be more competent than the ones I ran into during my tours in Raven and Valor at the start. Of course, it's much different nowadays. But at the start with SVER, I saw a lot of guys with repair kits when defending, just about everyone had a medic kit with rez, most leaders actually FRAGO'd and didn't waste their abilities until the AA was destroyed. The list goes on.

As for the "retarded" map design, I see it working both ways. Lots of Valor/Raven complained about the funnels on SVER bases, but I found them to work in my favor when attacking. The same applies to bunker turrets having a seemingly clear line of sight. Made it easy to snipe the turrets with rockets. If there was a repair team keeping it up, a few frags, poison, or 40mm grenades took care of them. I usually opted for landing some smoke grenades on the roof of the bunker so the turret operator would be blinded.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Quote :
Sitting by our spawns is for a reason. The APC is not a battering ram, and it's not really meant for transportation. It's a forward spawn, and a delicate one at that. That's why they were keeping it idle, so no randoms would move it. It's an extremely useful tool for having teammates spawn from within the base.

As for aimlessly driving, some people were probably going for the roadkill medal/ribbons. Razz I remember doing laps around Domination maps once we were pushed back, just to run over as many people as I could.
None of this solves the problem of them being useless for spawning in. Shrug It's not a forward spawn if it's not nearer the front. If it's by the other spawns, then it might as well not be there.
Now, holding it back until you're *ready* to risk it, that I get. But I barely ever saw it used.

When the games are this large, all the preparation in the world can go for nothing without proper communication. You can be effective, you can contribute to the win. But you can't do everything yourself. Especially when the character progression system limits what you can bring to bear and how effective it is.
For instance, when that turret has both a repair team and a couple/few snipers. If you're not spec'd into an effective launcher, then how many times are you likely to die before your piddly rocket damage starts to really be effective?

Grant you, all this doesn't mean the game is bad. Just that it might require more of its audience than it's likely to get on average. Really hoping Dust can muster enough for that high level play. (And very curious as to how they're going to handle the entrance of the PS4! I understand the two systems are quite different. But that's off topic. silent )
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Wait, are you talking about attacker APCs, or defender jeeps?

I can understand what you're saying about character progression limiting the effectiveness of things in DUST, but it's not like there were any skills in MAG to increase rocket/grenade effectiveness beyond reload and swap speed. The upgraded rocket launcher only had lock-on capability, no extra damage or anything special. The regular rockets were way better for taking down turrets. Although, I kinda understand the effectiveness limitations in MAG if you were a low level.

I didn't have much trouble being a jack of all trades in MAG. My defending loadout was usually the SMG or T1 AR with the med&repair kit and RPG. For attacking, I usually had some type of AR with attachments and the med kit with either 2 different grenades or one grenade and the RPG. Sometimes I'd use my attacking loadout that had the RPG for defense if the repair kit wasn't necessary.

If I ever ran into a situation such as the one you described, I would flank the bunker and kill the repairmen and try to get the turret operator to leave the bunker so I could kill him too. The only time this didn't really work was when a clan defended the bunker.

Also, I believe they've been working on a PS4 version for DUST.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 40 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 am

Shocked

MAG 2 has become the 2nd most popular idea on the PlayStation Blog Share. Excited

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top