Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

Nation Reputation : 0

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" Empty
PostSubject: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:50 am

What does everyone think about this game.

I have found that I am just not a fan of huge multiplayer shooter games. I like the idea, but it never seems to work in practice. I just got done watching the E3 video and demo of the game, and it just seems way to complicated, and I think it looks a ton like Killzone.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:17 am

I haven't seen anything on it in a couple months now.
You know me though.
Smaller = more fun. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:24 am

I don't think I will like it. I think it's awesome as an idea, and it might be fun for players who enjoy spending hours doing strategies. I just want to go to a game, kill a few and have some fun.
I am not sure my UK connection can deal with so many people at the same time, even if at the end we are just organized in small squads.
If my squad has done amazingly brilliant, but we lose the battle as a whole, I would be disappointed. If my squad is so small that my clan cannot join together, I will be disappointed. If I am assigned a role in a battle, and I cannot play in any other way, I will be disappointed... etc.
I like choosing my style, because I am not that good, and I prefer to play in my confort zone.
I like playing with my people and have a laugh online, not just play some competitive mode.
I don't know... I guess I will just have to wait and see how it turns out to be.
IG idea of 60 people map seemed all right, until I played. I deffinitely prefer 2 teams based games, with 8-12 players each. I find it more fun.
But that's me.
Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:46 am

Seyelback wrote:
I don't think I will like it. I think it's awesome as an idea, and it might be fun for players who enjoy spending hours doing strategies. I just want to go to a game, kill a few and have some fun.
I am not sure my UK connection can deal with so many people at the same time, even if at the end we are just organized in small squads.
If my squad has done amazingly brilliant, but we lose the battle as a whole, I would be disappointed. If my squad is so small that my clan cannot join together, I will be disappointed. If I am assigned a role in a battle, and I cannot play in any other way, I will be disappointed... etc.
I like choosing my style, because I am not that good, and I prefer to play in my confort zone.
I like playing with my people and have a laugh online, not just play some competitive mode.
I don't know... I guess I will just have to wait and see how it turns out to be.
IG idea of 60 people map seemed all right, until I played. I deffinitely prefer 2 teams based games, with 8-12 players each. I find it more fun.
But that's me.
2 team 8- 12 seems to be the best I agree. Anything more than that and I get annoyed
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 pm

It just gets frustrating because nothing even really matters anymore. It would be one thing to plan, and work a strat, and move squads around, and play General and just watch the battle from elsewhere, but playing in them is just too much chaos. Of coarse I cant judge a game I know nothing about, but if R2 has taught me anything about big match ups its that everything is so random, nothing really matters.

Its just who gets the random grenade toss. Who turns their sights on the guy you've almost got killed and snags it, who spawns right on top of you. Its just utter chaos. I don't like them.

I'm still interested in seeing more on this game other than the one clip I have, but Idk....it would have to be something special to get me playing it.

Isnt this a game made by Sony for Sony or something? I just picture a FPS Home. affraid
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 4:54 pm

I just think that the battle being so big, I wonder where your victories will matter. Sure you might win, but if your overall team is shyte, whats the point? What do YOU get out of it? Oh maybe you bring your rank up more. It just seems too big. I might give it a shot but, I dunno yet. At least credit to zipper for dreaming big Smile
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:01 pm

R2 60 player games have taught me that big (or 'epic' as they like to call it these days) doesn't necessarily mean better.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:56 pm

nub, its massive action game, not shooter Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Hey Zeek
I added slots in the profiles for PSN and Xbox names.
Just so ya know.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:22 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
Hey Zeek
I added slots in the profiles for PSN and Xbox names.
Just so ya know.
Cool
now to find something for my signature area
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Anything in mind? Im way out of practice.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:08 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
Anything in mind? Im way out of practice.
what do you mean!? do you make signatures?
I'll have to think of something
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:45 pm

If you could call them that.
I still haven't gotten all my brushes back, and its been a while.
Im slowly cracking off some rust
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Has anyone seen the E3 videos? It basically looks like a cross between SOCOM and CoD4. And another thing, it's HEAVILY objective based. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if there's even a Deathmatch mode.

But the maps look HUUUUUUGE Smile
Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Enorag wrote:
Has anyone seen the E3 videos? It basically looks like a cross between SOCOM and CoD4. And another thing, it's HEAVILY objective based. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if there's even a Deathmatch mode.

Yeah I shall the video it just looked like mass confusion to me.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Eh, didn't look that bad to me, provided you keep organised with your squad. Still unsure about it, though there's supposed to be a beta coming out soon-ish
Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:24 pm

256 people really don't matter if your squad plays perfect you can still lose. It will be pure chaos
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:42 pm

We'll see.
But just the word massive is enough to make me go..... Thinking
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 am

-ZeeK- wrote:

If it's not a shooter then it doesn't exist. I likes FPS games.
Back to top Go down
ToPGuN
New in the Nation
ToPGuN

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:09 am

I'm looking forward to this game. Zipper has proven that they can make a addictive/fun online game, so I trust them that MAG will be great.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 9:21 am

eattheword wrote:
-ZeeK- wrote:

FPS is the best Cool
I cant stand 3PS, socom gave me headaches cause of the view
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Enorag wrote:

.. Garone? Heey hello!
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:07 am

Dolemitesooner wrote:
256 people really don't matter if your squad plays perfect you can still lose. It will be pure chaos

Not necessarily, ever played Battlefield? Zipper have gone to great lengths to show how they can organise the chaos and remove any other problems like lag etc. Plus, they do have quite a good pedigree, so I'm gonna side with the optmistic crowd... for now

SixHousePull wrote:
We'll see.
But just the word massive is enough to make me go..... Thinking
Again, with the right size maps and a squad system that actually works, it could actually turn out alright Smile

ToPGuN wrote:
I'm looking forward to this game. Zipper has proven that they can make a addictive/fun online game, so I trust them that MAG will be great.
Absolutely! cheers

-ZeeK- wrote:
eattheword wrote:
-ZeeK- wrote:

FPS is the best Cool
I cant stand 3PS, socom gave me headaches cause of the view
What really? Physical or metaphor?

Seyelback wrote:
Enorag wrote:

.. Garone? Heey hello!
Ummm, hello you too! Who's Garone?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Lol
Garone was a guy from MyRes. I thought you were him because of your name... but then heeeeey Enorag! How are you? xD
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:26 pm

My name?
Heya, I'm good; actually I was on Myres at one point a while ago, but I didn't post as often as I should've and when I came back, the whole forum had changed Sad Heard about this forum so I decided to loiter here Wink How about you?
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top