Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Goddamn the Poison is deadly in Interdiction. I went from 0 kills to 24 in just one match as PL. Epic. Plus, its a good game mode to get your grenade kills in. Hop on and join me, Flight, i'm bored and QT3N left me!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:50 am

I have to admit that my favorite place to see people start a kick is in sabo, what does the squad leader need to do to put fragos up for his team? The mode gives them to you! lol
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:21 pm

I've rallied for kicks on Squad Leads in Sabo. Doubly so if Vash got the position. You still want to have some element of communication for a gametype as "simple" as Sabo, especially if you que sync, or come up against a solid crew. A lot of SLs can't deliver on that, even with the new priority system for leadership promotions favoring those with mics.

Flight, like usual, I agree with pretty much everything you said, up at the top of the page. Ideally speaking, I think that your approach is the correct way to handle yourself, as someone who's comfortable with their game, on a lot of different levels, and can handle what all is going on around them, as an OIC.

As far as the psychological impacts, it really does depend on the experience of the other players, but it's still something worth keeping in mind. It's almost a..shock and awe kind of approach, when you make sure they come in blind, and often deaf, and then start dropping all kinds of colored smoke around them. If we're talking large groups, who are used to the Dom drill though, then it's effectiveness is pretty much null, agreed.

Ultimately, I think it's just the kind of thing that's hard to call, and given that it's what's expected, it's usually the course of action. It's easier to just do it, and make the majority happy, despite it not being the ideal circumstance, rather than risk a kick, or having to bicker back and forth trying to reason with everyone on the leadership channels, or the broadcast. Just kind of comes down to appeasing the masses, because it's what's expected, and it's what has been ingrained, as the "proper" thing to do.
Logic often doesn't have a place in this conversation, and even the MAG boards had a huge argument break out, over this exact topic. I can only ever remember it coming up once or twice, but it was a pretty heated conversation. It's just the common consensus, passed down over....the entire time Dom has been played.

As far as Interdiction goes, the best way to play it is just to forget the gametype exists. I think it was played for the first few days after it was released, but everyone dropped out of it, shortly after. It's a cute gametype, and it's actually fun if you can get a group who knows what they're supposed to be doing, but that's not always easy. I think I got 1 good game of it, in the 4 or 5 I even tried to play.

It's good to know that SVER hasn't completely dropped the ball. I want to hope that this has put an end to the discussion of Absheron being "broken," as well, but I know that's wishful thinking. You can give every advantage in the world to a faction, map-wise and...exploitation wise, like Valor, and they'll completely drop the ball every single time.

Valor is the only faction able to drive their APCs into the Acquisition containers, to prevent vehicles from being captured, but it was still the fastest 5 minutes in MAG. You can look at Cooper Hills and Syr Darya, to prove this too. I wonder what Valor's excuse is this time, for Absheron and all the losses I'm sure they put up. Still, I dont' think I've seen SVER drop a single contract for more than a cycle, let alone two. We're slippin', guys.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Endlo- wrote:
As far as Interdiction goes, the best way to play it is just to forget the gametype exists. I think it was played for the first few days after it was released, but everyone dropped out of it, shortly after. It's a cute gametype, and it's actually fun if you can get a group who knows what they're supposed to be doing, but that's not always easy. I think I got 1 good game of it, in the 4 or 5 I even tried to play.

Actually because everyone gets a free month of PS+ as part of the welcome back package they have both the Escalation and Interdiction dlc packs as part of the PS+ goodies for free this month, so pretty much everyone has them and in the limited amount of games that I have been playing in the past couple of days I have managed to get a few games of each which have been good fun. Especially because I love collecting those MVP ribbons.

In terms of pleasing the crowds in Domination when you are OIC it doesn't matter as much because the platoon leaders aren't in your squad and can't initiate a vote against you. Plus usually the people in your squad don't have a clue what is going on anyway. But when I see my squad at the start and know that I am going to be kicked no matter what I do, be it because of the clan they are in or whatever. Then I as quick as I can try to add everyone to my block list as this stops them from being able to initiate a vote against you which has meant I have been able to play games where I would normally be kicked out of, a good little trick that I have used multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:01 pm

.....maybe I'll give that a go, probably won't play MAG again for a few months though, got Dead Nation and Wipeout as part of the Welcome Back, looking forward to playing those games, might take a break from U2 during this time, though, oh well, I'll see what happens lol
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:38 pm

Everyone I knew had Interdiction anyway, and it was still a dead gametype. I mean, if the Welcome Back package adds a playerbase to it again, that's awesome. It's a fun enough gametype, all in all, I just struggled to find a game, because it was dead, and when I did, they really didn't live up to the wait. If you could boot up a game like you could a Sabo or a Dom, then it'd be a lot more enjoyable, I think.

As far as booting OICs go, it's hit or miss. I did forget about the block trick, though, good call. I haven't had to use it for a long time, but yeah, it is pretty handy. Oddly enough, I want to feel like that blurb about your own squad validates what I'm saying, as well.

It's a weird situation, because there is no direct clan-battle kind of system, outside of trying to sync, and hoping. It's usually pretty effective, but it falls apart in the bigger gametypes, as well. If there was a more direct way to throw down with another crew, or put something like that together more consistently, I think your approach would be far more common, because the competition is elevated, and in those situations, it's far easier to justify and evolve the gameplay.

I hope that's a feature they address in MAG 2, and as far as I know, they did add a Clan Battle feature to SOCOM, so here's to hoping. I know they realized it was something we were all wanting, and trying to advocate for, with MAG, later on down the line, as well.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:04 pm

What I remember about Interdiction was that the most players that I ever saw on it at once was about 20. Totally dead gametype back then. Maybe it's changed now.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 am

Totally changed today, I was playing with Static we got into 2 interdiction games, 3 escalation, 2 aquisition and 1 domination match, although we were mainly multiqueueing for Aquisition and escalation.

It's great that so many people have it, I managed to help Static get the Gold Interdiction Trophy for capturing 3 points in one match which was good too. It's great being able to play those games modes again, they are definitely the funnest game modes in my opinion, especially one escalation match where I managed 36-3 with one team kill death and second place only had 18 kills! I enjoyed playing with Static though even if he did own me in kills in the domination match Mad , lucky for him I was refreshing and satellite sweeping when he needed it.

I managed to get OIC for the one domination match and I can confirm that the OICs strikes refresh every 10 minutes. But I completly forgot to watch for the refresh rates of the other leaders and I was a leader most of the time too.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:29 pm

FlightOfGrey wrote:
, lucky for him I was refreshing and satellite sweeping when he needed it.

Very Happy= :D

Finally got my precious cargo, and a whole lotta hurt trophies today. Now I just need 7 more medals, i think, and get level 60 on Valor and I have plat <3
Back to top Go down
qnt3n
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:43 am

Endlo- wrote:
I'm not sure how you'd go about spawn-camping defenders in Domination. Do you mean it the other way around, with attackers calling in early strikes, and then pushing to the redline? It's pretty standard, and should be expected, at this point in the game.

After the initial OIC fight for the first Jam, it's not that uncommon for an early set of strikes to soften the first wave of attackers, to set up that early push back to the redline. Bonus points if they call in a super early Tac Refresh, to double up on the fun.

That's why it's such an early priority for everyone, to fight over the AA and the batteries. Just avoid the smoke, it's a good policy.

At this point in the game, it's no secret that everything hinges on the AA, because as soon as it goes, you set up such a massive tempo swing, and chain reaction, assuming your side is co-ordinated enough to push and announce what's going on. You call in the Precision on a bunker, push the whole line down, and sweep forward. The more the defenders can push you back into your redline, the less chance that has of happening.
The more you keep them there, the less they fight back. It's pretty common too, for whatever reason, for a lot of players to go into bellyflop stance, and sit on the redline and try to snipe, which doesn't work.

How do you guys approach your loadouts? Flight and I had some lengthy discussion way back in the thread, with Tim, and it was nice to see some substantial theory and justification, on everyone's choices.

It actually isn't hard to spawn camp attackers at the bunker line of E and F (I think those are the letters, it's a helo side) on SVER domo. I do it all the time. Well, assuming spawn camping has the same definition as red lining. I love me a good red lining.

I'm going to keep editing this as I read through the rest of the posts~

Quote :
The first priority should be to Precision a bunker, to create a large enough hole in the front-line, to sweep in behind, and push the whole line down. Once you have the bunker-line down, and have pushed that side back into their letters, you can start to creep foward, and take out other backfield structures, and then pressure the towers, because you're dividing their attention, and they're at a huge disadvantage, in terms of spawn location.

God I agree with you 132%, yet it seems that Platoon leaders are always never using mics or communicating with any of the players on their team. When I do see them doing precision strikes, it's when I had no clue it was coming

I think Escalation is boring and the matches go by way too quickly for all three PMCs being in there. Interdiction is not that great IMO either, and it doesn't make it any better when you find some lone wolf take the APC for a joy ride at a completely different letter than you want to be at, and gets it destroyed. Even though APCs spawn at the end of every spawn count, I hate driving (Or running) the 300+ meters back to the objective

Static: well it sure didn't last a day, by the time you told me their contracts were already gone. pics or it didn't happen sorry
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 am

Had some fun today with Flight and the other guys. Ben really needs to get a medkit though :/

EDIT: Static now is only one trophy away from plating MAG cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 am

Hats off to you, Static Very Happy= :D Seems like a crazy hard Platinum. I envy people who get Platinums for games like this.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 am

Yeah, 300 hour platinum or around there Razz
Just need to get level 60 on valour. 36 more levels to go :o
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:57 pm

It's good when you finally get it, although I got mine at around 200 hours Very Happy= :D . Are you going to keep playing after you get yours?

Charlitos it's actually not that difficult a Platinum trophy anymore, just requires a lot of play time that's about it nothing too difficult. Personally I love platinum trophies which are about this difficulty and require dedication, it makes it rarer and more prestigious a bit like the R2 platinum the 10,000kills scares everyone away.

I got my 750th grim reaper ribbon today! Hurrah! Although I am starting to get bored with MAG again already, there's not much that I can do to extend myself anymore.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 pm

quiet Flight. I might keep playing, but after I'ma focus most effort to Infamous 2 and then the U3 Beta Smile

Haha how can you be bored when you have Funky and me in a group with ya? Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:51 pm

FlightOfGrey wrote:
It's good when you finally get it, although I got mine at around 200 hours Very Happy= :D . Are you going to keep playing after you get yours?

Charlitos it's actually not that difficult a Platinum trophy anymore, just requires a lot of play time that's about it nothing too difficult. Personally I love platinum trophies which are about this difficulty and require dedication, it makes it rarer and more prestigious a bit like the R2 platinum the 10,000kills scares everyone away.

I got my 750th grim reaper ribbon today! Hurrah! Although I am starting to get bored with MAG again already, there's not much that I can do to extend myself anymore.
I envy a good Platinum. I only have 5 at the moment, but I'm striving for at least 8 by the end of 2011. Nearly all of my Platinums haven't been very special..
Terminator: Salvation (beat campaign, easiest Plat on PlayStation)
Uncharted 1 (nothing special)
Uncharted 2 (quite easy, but I do have the uncommon 100% trophies Very Happy= :D )
AC2 (cake walk, just requires some patience)
ACB (the one that I am most proud of. some very hard and time consuming MP trophies.)

So yeah, that's what I got. Some trophies I envy people for though. Like in ACB DLC, il Principe (complete 100% synchronization in AC Brotherhood and the Da Vinci Disapperance DLC) . I don't know about any of you guys, but to me, this trophy would take nearly as much time as a Platinum for a whole 'nother game. Maybe I just suck at getting full synchronization on EVERY single possible mission, but I have no idea how people pull this off.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Fight Night 4 is the hardest plat in the world IMO
but anyways, Back To Topic

Almost to 60 on Valor cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Has there been any new DLC out for MAG recently? scratch
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Nah. Probably won't be anymore till MAG 2 comes out. We should hop on and group up if you want, I still have my A slot with SVER
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Charlitos wrote:
Has there been any new DLC out for MAG recently? scratch
all the dlc is free now
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 pm

1 more level is all I need cheers
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:29 pm

nice, gratz in advance
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Ladies (Are there? Lmfao) and gents. Static has just Platted MAG cheers
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

nice, gratz lol
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 am

congratz on the plat, are you going into vet. mode?
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top