Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Ive been playing quite a bit of FE when Ive had the chance. At this point, Ive crafted up a damn good team. Right now I'm training up random FE past characters, such as Leif and Geoffery, but my current team is as follows.

Bruce (My avatar)- Grandmaster: Rating 293
Rayce (Avatar from another file)- Sage: Rating 303
Ike- Swordmaster: Rating 286
Lon'Qu- Swordmaster: Rating 285
Gregor- Hero: Rating 262
Say'ri- Swordmaster: Rating 275
Owain (Bruce's son)- Grandmaster: Rating 288
Eteng (Spreetpassed avatar)- Bow Knight: Rating 264
Yarne (Lon'Qu's son)- Taguel: Rating 301
Lyn-Swordmaster: Rating 277

Bruce, Rayce, and Ike all have skills that replenish their health every turn, as well as for every opponent they down. Im contemplating switching one of my characters our for Tiki, a 308 rated Manakete (dragon-human). She is incredibly powerful, but also isn't done leveling her stats.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 pm

I got Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon in the mail the other day. Really enjoying it so far. Not as good as Awakening, obviously, but still pretty damn awesome. Im getting Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked fairly soon as well, so here's hoping that's a great game too.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 pm

I loved the SMT: Persona games, but the one other SMT game I played, Nocturne, just struck me as terrible. Neutral
For starters, there were no places where you couldn't get in a random battle. Even in what passed for towns, you could still be thrown into a fight at any step.
Then there was the randomness of the battles themselves. I could go through a whole level without a single fight one time, and get one at every other step (Not exaggerating. At all.) the next time. What's worse is that in either scenario, you're either too beat up from fighting to handle the boss, or too weak from not getting EXP to beat them. It was obscene. Evil or Very Mad

Now, that's not to say that that the Devil Survivor/Summoner games would be the same. I can't speak to that since I haven't played them. And Persona is proof that not all the SMT games are alike.

Finished Cthuhlu Saves the World the other day. Hilarious game from start to finish, and a lot of great classic JRPG mechanics implemented very well.
The game itself is a celebration of everything that made JRPGs great, and a parody of everything that made them not so great. Laughing Definitely recommend it to any RPG fans.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

I believe Devil Survivor is a SRPG, complete with demon fusion. Im totally cool with that. I just got the game in the mail, so Ill post my thoughts in due time.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Im at the end of the 3rd day on Devil Survivor. So far, my impressions of the game are very high. The visuals are fairly standard, but the gameplay is very addicting. The tactical part of the game works well, as making a wrong move can have devastating effects on your chances of victory. The characters themselves are quite well written, and dare I say actually likable. One thing to note is that the game is quite challenging, as the difficulty will ramp up as the game progresses. I won't complain, though.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Shin Megami Tensei IV is coming to North America this summer! YESSS! cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 am

On DS isn't it?
*sigh*
I swear, if Persona 5 is stuck on a handheld...
Guns firing
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:44 pm

On 3DS, yep. I'm drowning in handheld RPG's right now. I love it. :'D
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Found another person at the university who has Fire Emblem. His team was quite good, but my super team was just too much. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Only one other person?

Here I've probably streetpassed like 50+.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
Only one other person?

Here I've probably streetpassed like 50+.

There are about 5 different people I streetpass here. Seeing an actual, as opposed to random, streetpass team is a wonderful feeling.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 am

I thought so too, but only at first. I'm still playing the game primarily for story/characters and not just straight challenge (on hard mode though, so I have to reset quite a bit) so I'd rather the bonus box teams than the tacticians and there are so many random/streetpass teams on my map that it's overwhelming to even try to make a dent in them.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 am

My problem is Im running out of characters to grind on my main profile. Bruce has literally every skill achievable for males, and everyone on my 10 man team but Chrom is maxed out in stats...and even he only needs a few more useless magic points. Right now Ive been starting up new characters, such as my soon to be Hero, Lucius, and seeing all the different supports. I plan on giving Lunatic a go at some point in the future, but I guess that all depends on if I decide to play Devil Survivor 2 first...
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 am

Daaamn you've put a lot of hours in.

I REALLLLY want to see all of the supports. Maybe I'll be able to find them online somewhere. I don't think I'm willing to put in the time/effort to get them manually.

Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 am

About 135 hours total so far. Other than spirit dust, I have a shit ton of stat items. I have well over 500k gold too, and 95% of that is from farming and not that one DLC mission. Who are the main characters you use, by the way? For my main team I currently use:

Bruce (avatar)
Lissa (Wife, and total badass)
Rayce (another avatar)
Gregor (GREGOR IS BEST, yeah?)
Lon'Qu
Ike
Say'ri
Chrom
Tiki
Yarne

Id like to see all the supports too, but no way in hell Ill do that. For this run I plan on marrying Say'ri, and after that Ill figure out who...but I simply dont have the time to do all of them. I want to say a lot of them are on youtube now.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 am

My team atm is:

Joshua (Avatar)
Chrom
Lucina
Lissa
Morgan
Owain
Lon'Qu
Nowi
Kjelle
Nah

I REALLY like the kids in this one. They're so awesome. My team switches up a lot since I try and spread the playing time around. I need to move peoples' classes around more I think, though. But I'm kind of stuck in old FE thinking of how a person should only be like one class and get one upgrade Razz
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:29 am

I love how the children system works too...It's just too bad that, since this was my first FE, I kind of let the majority of them die on my first playthrough. The only two that survived are Owain and Yarne. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Oh, you play the manly way with letting characters stay dead?

I can't stand to let them stay dead. I play on the mode with permadeath but restart the map if they die. No permadeath would take like 100% of the point out of the strategy for me but I can't stand to lose a character...
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 pm

On my main playthrough...sadly I did just that. The outcome was the majority of my characters lying dead on the field. Laughing The one's that survived, from my memory, were:

Chrom
Frederick
Gregor
Sully
Lissa
Lon'Qu
Panne
Say'ri
Tiki
Yarne
Owain

I dont count the spotpass mission characters, of course.

Also, no spoilers, but the barracks conversation between Emmeryn and Gangrel felt...wrong and ironic. Laughing
Emmeryn: "Why are you...grinning? Is my face dirty?"
Gangrel: "I should have SCARRED your face, so your brother would end me good and proper..."
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:12 pm

I haven't beaten the game yet. I presume that's when you can unlock characters such as those?

Is there anything equivalent to a Tower of Valni or a Lost Ruins or something in this game like in Sacred Stones?
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Indeed so. Once you finish the game, you can download the free spotpass missions. They are quite good. I believe another one will become available this Thursday.

Im not sure if there is anything quite like that. I farm my crap using Reeking Boxes on the last maps of the game.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:18 pm

That's kind of disappointing. Those were the best parts of Sacred Stones and really useful for leveling up. Oh well, the abundance of spotpass/bonus maps is more than enough to make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Well, there are still opportunities for massive battles. I just got done fighting off the Risen at Conqueror's Whetstone. A total of 41 Risen versus me. I even got a stat item and 3000 gold for finishing the area.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:56 pm

The new FE DLC is truly fantastic. The third episode of Rogues and Redeemers had AWESOME music and was a great challenge, and the new Spotpass mission was great too. Ill be playing the first challenge map later today. Itll be interesting trying to beat a bunch of enemies while only have 1hp. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Speaking of the DLC, are the DLC maps really worth it. It seems kind of pricy to just pay for 1/2/3 maps. Are they normal length or are they really special?
Back to top Go down

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top