Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm

I suppose this is on topic, but I just started playing the witcher. gonna play that then move on to witcher 2
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Can somebody please help me, I'm doing pathetic amounts of damage in Ni No Kuni....
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I hear those games are good , when I get a better computer I plan on picking those up also the third one is coming out soon I believe .
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I've been playing Ni No Kuni for about 12 hours... And it has only felt like 4 or something. What is happening to me..
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Your playing an excellent game that's what's happening, just relax and enjoy the ride jolli

Same thing happened the first time I played p4 lol
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Tales of the Abyss is FANTASTIC. Probably my favorite RPG (That isnt Pokemon) of all time. If you have a 3DS, or can find it on the PS2, I strongly recommend it. Tales of Grace is good, from what Ive heard. If you are patient, Tales of Xillia will be coming West later this year too.

10 hours in to Fire Emblem already. Holy damn it's an awesome game. So far my character, Bruce, has become a mighty warrior. His wife, Lissa, is perfect at supporting him too. All of my other characters have upgraded in class, and are becoming quite the formidable war machine.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:21 am

jadedoblivion wrote:
What happens if I take both at the same time ?!

Borderlands.

nobody wrote:
I suppose this is on topic, but I just started playing the witcher. gonna play that then move on to witcher 2
Just finished that myself recently. It was pretty good. Planned to move on to Witcher 2, but someone came along and said, "Hey, you wanna play LotRO?" Thanks a lot. Razz

Speaking of that game, Witcher 3 was just announced and it sounds pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 am

I remember when I bought LotrO... like... 5 years ago, Can't belive its still active.

other than that, I figured out why I was dealing a pathetic amounts of damage in Ni No Kuni, and why it took me an hour to kill one boss. So I used all of my money and bought a shit loads (excuse my wording Razz) of treats and fed everyone of my familiars til they were eiither full or gained a familiarity heart... And even then I fed them more.

and now... I'm doing.. slightly more damage... which is good... Pretty good... Mostly good......Alright...
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 am

jadedoblivion wrote:
I hear those games are good , when I get a better computer I plan on picking those up also the third one is coming out soon I believe .
nah, it was just announced. apparently the new one will be open world. but with the announcment of the new witcher game the rest of the witcher series is half off. you can get witcher 1 and 2 for 15 bucks. (5 for the 1st, 10 for the 2nd)

cobalt, just think of all the money I saved you
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 am

nobody wrote:
jadedoblivion wrote:
nah, it was just announced. apparently the new one will be open world. but with the announcment of the new witcher game the rest of the witcher series is half off. you can get witcher 1 and 2 for 15 bucks. (5 for the 1st, 10 for the 2nd)

It was just announced ... so it's not gonna come soon ? Thinking
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 am

Proabaly not for a year or so if it just got announced .

How's ni.no kuni jolli I have been debating on this one
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 am

So far, I love it. I love the characters, the story and the graphics are just amazing, the music is also good, not the best but hey.

The combat is quick and satisfying, the whole game feels like the pokemon game everybody wants on consoles.

I find the Combat too be a little tough, but then again this is basically my first JRPG i've ever played, so I might be a little biased. Just Remember, give your Familiers treats... keep buying treats!

Missions and side objectives never really feel like a chore, sometimes it can get a little boring traveling around but that is just part of the game. And the stories behind the Side objectives are always intresting... albeit sometimes forced but you really don't notice all that often.

But overall, I do not regret this purchess, well a little bit .. because I wanted the wizards companion but they didn't have any special editions left Sad
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

I saw that the reqular version in japan comes with the spell book, but every where else it only comes with the limited edition :/

I will have to pick this up soon everybody I know is saying its excellent .

And ill have to check out those tales games
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am

jolli wrote:
nobody wrote:
jadedoblivion wrote:

It was just announced ... so it's not gonna come soon ? Thinking
yep. no release date or gameplay footage or anything. skyrim was announced back in 2010
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

nobody wrote:
jadedoblivion wrote:

Not so. I bought both games over the winter Steam Sale for $7.50 total. Razz
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm

I didnt mean for not buying witcher. I meant more time playing more games without paying anything. (even though you did choose to pay a bit)
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Sure you did. Razz
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 am

Well I finally figured out what I was doing wrong in Ni No Kuni, I was using magic familiars as Battle Familiars... Like a dumbass... Razz

Whiiichhh, resulted in me doing at most... 1 to 3 damage per minute and missing a whole lot... And as you can imagine it becomes a pain in the ass when it comes to bosses.

and now I gave my self almost all of the magic Familiars, except for mitey (the first Familiar you get) and then gave Esther the Melee/attack/battle ones.

I just want a decent sword, all of the towns have such shitty equipment ... - . -
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Apparently Fire Emblem occassionally sends out your made team online, as I have received teams from Washington and California so far. If anything, I'd hate to be the person who ends up getting mine...If they want to recruit my character, Bruce, they'd have to shell out over 50,000 gold. Fighting him would mean going against 9 other really high level characters. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Cool feature. I wonder if it would tell you if they have been recruited? It'd be cool to see your guy out there kicking butt even when you're not in control.
Sorta like that aspect of Dragon's Dogma that Nobody mentioned before.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Nobody, or nobody ?...
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:46 pm

jolli wrote:
Nobody, or nobody ?...
nobody

Funny thing is, although I know what you meant. If you were to say "Nobody or nobody" gramatically your capitalization is perfect for if you mean no one both times, since the beginning of the sentence needs to be capitalized.

Also side note why not just say "no one or nobody" i always felt that the capital n on nobody looks so funky.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:55 pm

I was just trying to make a joke out of the situation, because I really didn't know if he meant you "nobody" or No one... Nobody...

so yeah...

Always felt like Nobody with a Capital N looked like a name.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Cool feature. I wonder if it would tell you if they have been recruited? It'd be cool to see your guy out there kicking butt even when you're not in control.
Sorta like that aspect of Dragon's Dogma that Nobody mentioned before.

I'd definitely like to see that at. It'd be cool to see how my boy Bruce was doing in other people's worlds.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:13 pm

On topic, the way dragons dogma does it is you create an ai controlled companion who is always with you. That companion is also available for other people to use. You have 3 in total (your personal one, and 2of other people) you get bonuses the more other people use yours. And when they are done using it they can send it back with items you get.

the fire emblem thing is kind of a combination of dd, and an upcoming f2p action RPG for the 360. In that game once you reach max level you can do what is basically like cod's prestige, and start over (you keep a lot of stuff though) and when you do that your old self still exists and is an enemy/ally in other players worlds. When you play you choose an alliance light dark or neutral. Works kind of like dark souls except players of the same alignment can help each other out indirectly with buffs and such, and harm people of the opposite alignment with curses. (so kinda like a team based version of dark souls
Back to top Go down

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top