Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 am

mmmm..... i need to a game with you guys one day. I just dont no your PSN's Sad Ill figure em out, hopefully. Thinking Or.... you could give em to me, if ya want.

Prolly all i want to do is steal your guns, shoot em and atleast kill someone

Free-for-All sound good? lol
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:18 am

Spongebobcandycanepants wrote:
Just aim for their feet, Monkey!
Gladly, if you'd be so kind as to point out the feet on a harrier. Laughing
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:30 am

Ok, so M16 with Stopping Power is good. Now if I can just unlock FMJ than I can have Cold Blooded back.

WA2000 with Silencer = pea shooter. I swear that any distance over 50 yards requires about 4 shots with the danged thing to kill anyone.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:38 am

Cobalt Monkey wrote:
Spongebobcandycanepants wrote:
Just aim for their feet, Monkey!
Gladly, if you'd be so kind as to point out the feet on a harrier. Laughing
lmao Embarassed thought you meant people!

Eatty- what do you mean if you unlock the FMJ for the M16 you'll get Cold Blooded back?? Thinking
Yeah, by far the best sniper rifles are Intervention and Barret.
Ive been using the Acog Scope with ma Intervention and Im doing okay, especially close quarters. Cool
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:41 am

I mean the basic M16 doesn't drop people quickly enough so you need something extra. At the moment I'm using the Stopping Power perk but once I get FMJ I can drop Stopping Power and go back to using Cold Blooded.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 am

Oh I see what you did there. What a Face
Yeah, Eatty, the M16 pWnz from a distance it seems. Unlike the FAMAS which straight pWnz near and afar.

Have you tried the FAMAS yet?
I've been doing pretty well using this loadout:
FAMAS w/ Red Dot
M1014 w/grip
Throwing Knife/Semtex
Marathon
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:58 am

My fault, Spongey. I threw a bit of a curve mentioning the multikills. Unrelated, but not unwelcome. Smile

In a different matter, does anyone else have as much fun with C4 as I do? Knife was fun, frags are good, but once I got the C4 I just haven't looked back. At first I just used it to get cheap kills by trapping the points in Domination, or other objective based games. (That's right, I protect our Demolition Target from being blown up...by putting C4 on it. Laughing) But I'm getting increasingly good at using it offensively. Got a really nice First Blood/Triple Kill the other night. Very Happy= :D I'm learning to watch people's actions and remember them for later fights. Once I know their timing, it's fairly easy to know when to detonate it.
Anyone got any better tips or strategies for using it?
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:03 am

lol Monkey
Not sure bud, havent really tried out ma C4 yet, but if its as fun as you say it is, Im def. gonna try it! cheers
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:20 am

I unlocked C4 today and am a bit clueless with it. At first I just threw it and waited to see what happened. Eventually I discovered you have to press R2 again to detonate it. But that means you have to stick around to see when to do it. Generally, me sticking around anywhere longer than 5 seconds = death. Also, it doesn't seem to throw very far. What are your C4 tips?

@Sponge: Famas? Isn't that one that unlocks really early on? I'll have to go back and have a look at it.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:24 am

Yes, Eatty- If you like the feel the M16 gives, 3 round burst, FAMAS would be the route to take. If you equip this gem with Stopping Power, all it takes to bring down a noob(usually) is one press of the trigger. IMO its more accurate and more powerful than the M16.
C4- Use L1 to throw, R1 to set it off. Or after throwing the C4 you can switch back to your weapon and move on, if you want to detonate it simply hit the square button twice, in a fast motion to set it off quick. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:13 am

eattheword wrote:

Famas? Isn't that one that unlocks really early on? I'll have to go back and have a look at it.

FAMAS is a unlocked by default weapon. And why not use Holographic Sight on the FAMAS, i unlocked it today and its just the same as the RDS but a bit bigger.

Just a small question: I use bling for 2 of my classes, and when i selected bling. its asked what weapon to put bling on. So i was thinking, if when you just have bling ( not bling pro ) you can only suite up your primary. Does bling pro let you do secondary?

And why in campaign does roach and ghost have to die, seriously. That shepard guy is such a prick. Killing your allies or teammates, like you'd do that.
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:

And why in campaign does roach and ghost have to die, seriously. That shepard guy is such a prick. Killing your allies or teammates, like you'd do that.

OII
YOU STOLE THAT FROM ME

i was the one playing campaign

FRIGGIN
sheperd shot me, then ghost, THEN SET ME ON FIRE WHILE I WAS ALIVE

WHAT
THE
HOLY
JEEBUS?!

ima killz him *rage face*

anywhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I like teh gunzorz Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:09 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:
Does bling pro let you do secondary?

Yes.

@Sponge/Monkey

Re: the C4. I'm having puzzling times with the C4. If you drop it, and you press R2 again it explodes, right? But if you drop it and then accidentally pick up another (Scavenger) and then press R2 it drops the second C4 rather than exploding the first one. THEN if you're using the riot shield and drop a C4 you can detonate it by pressing square twice, but if you press square when using a weapon it reloads that weapon.

Is there something I'm missing, or do you simply have to keep your wits about you, remember to detonate with R2 when using a weapon and not picking up another until you have detonated the first?

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 am

I'm lost. Neutral

I thought you meant one of these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good games to all over the past few days, nice to see the Hoosalump at work in the flesh, LoL. It's been really hit and miss as far as the lag situation, but there have been some great games to balance it out overall. Very Happy= :D

Highlight for me was going 24 - 1 on Wasteland Domination with the Barrett. The one death was a stupid mistake switching to my PP2000 which hadn't been reloaded properly. Mad (I'm always sprinting off before the reload anim has finished, so totally my own fault. Laughing )

And I must say, FAMAS w/stopping power > anything else at any range. Listen to teh Sponge, peoples... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 am

It's weird, isn't it? I tried out FAMAS and it does work very well. Yet the spec sheet shows that it does as much damage as a spitwad compared to the SCAR and M16. But I'm much more successful with it than the M16 and it seems to have much less recoil than the SCAR. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 am

Yea, GGs. The lag is pretty miserable playing with you bastards. pale

Eat- not sure about the answers to your C4 questions. Honestly, I've only found the C4 to be a factor in Domination games. You throw it on the flag and as soon as the flag starts to blink (being taken by the other team) you detonate it. It works wonders. cheers
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:17 am

eattheword wrote:
It's weird, isn't it? I tried out FAMAS and it does work very well. Yet the spec sheet shows that it does as much damage as a spitwad compared to the SCAR and M16. But I'm much more successful with it than the M16 and it seems to have much less recoil than the SCAR. Go figure.

I know, I remember trying it out when I first started on the game and dismissing it as a complete 'also-ran' in the boomstick department. Then later on, as more people prestiged and began using them again, I was getting wasted from a mile away in seconds by it, so I equipped one as soon as I prestiged and haven't looked back. Very Happy= :D

I tried it with Thermal on Wasteland last night and can honestly say it's better with the red dot sight, I'm thinking of keeping it simple with this one and seeing how well I do with it. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:32 am

I tried out the ACR with Thermal on Wasteland and didn't really like it. The 50 cal with a thermal is love tho. I love you
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 am

Is the FAMAS a three round burst? Cause if so, I might as well just point it at myself.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Jon1798 wrote:
Is the FAMAS a three round burst? Cause if so, I might as well just point it at myself.

Squeeze the trigger quickly twice and down they go.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:15 pm

eattheword wrote:
TRVJAG1 wrote:
Does bling pro let you do secondary?

Yes.

@Sponge/Monkey

Re: the C4. I'm having puzzling times with the C4. If you drop it, and you press R2 again it explodes, right? But if you drop it and then accidentally pick up another (Scavenger) and then press R2 it drops the second C4 rather than exploding the first one. THEN if you're using the riot shield and drop a C4 you can detonate it by pressing square twice, but if you press square when using a weapon it reloads that weapon.

Is there something I'm missing, or do you simply have to keep your wits about you, remember to detonate with R2 when using a weapon and not picking up another until you have detonated the first?

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

As far as use in objective games, it's just like Hoos said. Get a notification that someone's tampering with/taking it, and boom. Defensive kills abound. Do try to be clever about where you put it though. For example, I stick it on the ceiling above "C" in Domination matches on Estate. Or between the jeep and the gas pumps at "A" on Derailed. Anyone takes that one it's a guaranteed kill.
Now Scavenger will give you more C4, up to two on the ground at once. I think the first one explodes if you toss a third. So, if you're playing with Scavenger on then be sure to dodge corpses if you think you'll need to detonate soon. I didn't know about the riot shield thing. I always just press R2 again. If there's a faster way to detonate, then I'll certainly try it out.
For me, carrying C4 is like having a grenade, but with bonus abilities/a trade off.
Good radius of explosion, sticks, can be used for traps, can't be thrown back, you decide when to detonate, no warning indicator.
Can be shot, can be temporarily disabled with Stun grenades (same as Sentry Gun), requires good timing to use offensively, if you die before detonating then it's wasted.
As far as tips go:
This one's kinda a no brainer, but don't try to use against someone who already knows you're there. If you can shoot them, then go ahead because it's much faster. If you try to C4 them, you'll die. However, if you're low on ammo, and they've taken cover to reload... no reason not to leave them a surprise.
Know the maps. If you know where people are likely to be, then set a trap. The sniping cliff in Afghan, through the hole in the floor in Skid Row, any of the places with windows on Derailed. You see a shot come from that area, then you press R2. Boom. This way you don't have to stick around to see when someone shows up.
Of course, those same places (and others) can be attacked via C4 if it isn't left there in advance too. All you need is to get fairly close. I cleared the house in Estate by getting under the window. The two sudden deaths that caused stirred the place up a bit and I was able to sneak in behind three more people. Now, this same thing could be done with a frag, the only difference is the indicator they'd get, and the time to move out of the way. No such luck with the C4.
When throwing C4, remember that it won't go too far. It's got a shorter arc than a grenade. Still, if you aim higher when you throw it, it'll go further up.
Hide it. Drop it in boxes, crates, puddles, on hard to see spots, dark areas. Anywhere you think people will pass by, or at objectives. The puddle by "C" in Favela is a good one, and there's a tire to put it in the middle of besides.
Put it near other things that explode. Cars, gas tanks, barrels.
Use it while retreating around corners. Sprint around, turn, drop, take cover. When they follow, detonate. Some people are smart enough to circle around, so keep an eye out. Others try to pursue faster by ducking and walking around the corner. Can throw off your aim for guns, but not C4. Smile
Lastly, if you've got nothing else, then it's a last ditch distraction.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Does anyone give names to specific locations? I try to communicate with team mates when I use my mic, but half the time I'm not sure what to call things.
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:34 pm

omega9 wrote:
Does anyone give names to specific locations? I try to communicate with team mates when I use my mic, but half the time I'm not sure what to call things.

lol, I do that. And then I start saying left and right, only to realize I am probably confusing the hell out of them. Add the delay over the mic and I should probably just not open my mouth.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Maybe we should work on calling locations as a clan.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 38 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:31 pm

From what I saw, you guys could really use a Domination strat. People were running around all over the place. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top