Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage

Borderlands - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:48 am

Cobalt Monkey wrote:
B, the page loaded fine for me with everything in place.

I think that's a good build you have there, End.
Very similar to what I'm working towards, though I confess I hadn't thought of just using Cauterize in a noncombat way. Good call, I think, though like you said, an SMG with even moderate fire rate should more than make up for a lower regen percentage. My Roland is only in the thirties, but set up much the same way. I'll likely respec to move four of my Cauterize points into something else.
I hate to have an ability and not make use of it, but my turret's barely ever used. Mostly because it takes so very long to get the thing back after use. It's probably not quite as smart a move, but I'll likely move the points from Quick Charge to Refire to decrease the cooldown per shot.

GGs with both Ratchet and Liam earlier. Got the three lesser tournaments done and another DLC trophy down. And a shiny new Skill Point for our troubles. Smile I'm a little surprised that this wasn't a reward a little further down the line. Surprised, but not displeased.

Good games indeed. Im looking forward to doing the larger tournament with you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 pm

WHOOOO LEVEL CAP INCREASE AND MORE DLC! They could keep this game going for a hell of a long time with the DLC's
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I read you guys' posts and feel like I am playing a different game or something.

I just shoot the things that are not me.

I know nothing of Cauterizing,or farming, or class mods or anything. scratch

I can tell ya how to shoot poop off a windmill though.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Lol. You'll get it. Shooting the poop off is harder than it looks
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Absolutely. Rakk poop is not cool on the windmills.

I shoot things that are not myself, as well, so at least we got that part down together. Got my Roland to the fourties, but I'm not sure I'll have him maxed and geared for a day or two. Need to hit my numeral on UC2, first.

I did manage to plat this though, and play a little bit with his set-ups, since I'm not too far away. I still really like the build, conceptually, and I think I'm pretty sold on Support Gunner being the optimal mod, for that build. He regens ammo, and has an absolutely massive clip-size, between the Rifle specialization, Stockpile, Support Gunner's mod to Stockpile, and it's own 33% clip size bonus. Need to find the ideal weapon setups for him, but I have a few purple rifles from PT2 to hand him, that aren't awful.

I was checking out Mordecai earlier, doing some farming runs, and I have two Defilers, three Volcanos, a Rolling Surkov, an Invader, and a few other assorted oranges/purples. I have two Anarchies that I don't use, if anyone has a Siren, and might want them. I'm not huge on the sniper route, so I don't have any need for the legendary rifles, and I have defilers to spare. I find Equalizers really frequently, as well, if anyone is in need.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:07 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
I read you guys' posts and feel like I am playing a different game or something.

Funny how you speak mafia on face book, but you come here and post this, and I know exactly what you mean.

I know a little about weapon farming, but I'm barely into my second play through. I do tend to shoot stuff that isn't me. Though my shadow technically is me, but it doesn't die or complain, so I don't listen to it too much...

I took my bro out today, and got him a new ps3 slim, and a bluetooth, and borderlands. He never played his suxbox, so we traded it in. He needs a hobby, and he's gamed for about as long as I have, so I knew he'd like it. He's taking a rifleman's track with the soldier right now. I'm playing as a siren, so I could be his bitch. Laughing Shocked Embarassed

We took almost 45 minutes getting him mic'd up for the game tonight, unsuccessfully. Then his wife came downstairs, and in 5 minutes had the mic working, and had devestated any shred of manliness he ever had. I approved.

So we'll be on getting his feet wet over the coming weeks. Anyone with a roughly level 10-14 anything that wants to see what it's like to watch a 3 stooges act on a video game, please feel free to drop by, or ask for an invite. And please bring extra patience. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 pm

@ End, Picked up a couple last night myself. Got a Skulmasher, a couple Firehawks, some others. Equalizers drop like candy at a parade apparently. Oh, and two sniper rifles I may actually consider switching out my Volcano for from time to time.
One is another legendary much like it except that it causes explosions instead of fire. Higher base damage, but no DoT. The red text is I LIKE IT!
The other I'll likely keep just for fun. It's got good damage, a clip of ten, high recoil reduction, and (get this) it's fully automatic. The red text is Sniper Killer.....qu'est que c'est.
Is the damage on any of those Volcanos above 700? I'd be willing to do some trading for something like that.

@Rx, I love the three stooges. I do have a level 15 Lilith that I'm gonna try the SMG route on. Feel free to send me an invite if you see me on.

@Sixer, not sure how literal you were being, but just in case here you go:
You've only played an offline Soldier, right? You have access to the Cauterize skill, though no use for it. It allows you to shoot your teammates and have it heal them.
scratch
Yeah, I know, but let's just ignore that and enjoy the game.
Farming, in killing certain bosses repeatedly to see what they drop. Alternatively, and a lot more easily, you can just go to New Haven, open all the chests, take anything good, sell the rest, then exit and reload the game. All the chests respawn.
Class mods are accessories that go in the slot by the shield and grenade mod. They add various effects like giving bonus points to, or "buffing", your skills (eg, if it gives +2 to Metal Storm, the game will act as if you have that many more skill points in it), as well as helping out the whole party with effects like health, shield, or ammo regeneration, reload speed increases, etc. They are, in a word, good. Oh, but remember that you have to have at least one point in a skill for a mod to add to it, otherwise it's useless.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm

SixHousePull wrote:

cauterize is one of rolands abilities. look for it in your stat tree
farming is when you go back to areas that you know weapon crates are (new haven) and open them up everytime you start the game up. the crates re-close once you exit so you can go open them again when you turn your ps3 on and play again. clas mods are special attachments that give you extra stats on your stat tree or give you better abilities without actually having to put things there. its the section under your grenade mods when your in your weapon equip screen. looks like a man with a wrench beside him

started some zombie island stuff today. is it just more or did anyone notice the game get really jumpy after a while. i think its cause i killed so many zombies and had to leave a lot of stuff on the ground because i aready had full ammo. after a while every time i killed a zombie the game would go really slow while the items fell to the ground but picked back up again once they stopped moving. the zombies drop tons of stuff for me cause im using ransack and swipe

also got to lvl 35 today. the volcano rapes everything Shocked
it basically one shot and a kill or you just watch them til they burn Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:52 pm

You're a broken record, B. Look just above your post. Wink You actually said pretty much the same thing I did. But hey, now we have some info and a confirmation on it. Always good. Smile

Volcanos are teh pwnzor.

My game actually froze during Zombie Island. I think you're exactly right. Too much junk on the ground from Bloodwing. When he smacks six zombies per throw, and I get him back in a few seconds from Carrion Call, the ground just gets covered. Sucked that it froze too. Had to recollect about 30 brains.
Btw, I'll give you and Six the same info I did Liam. Make sure you visit the person in the lower left of Hollow's End before you go about collecting brains, otherwise it's a waste.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 am

Everyone hit the nail on the head, with everything. New Haven is the go-to spot, it's quick, it's simple, and it's easy. 2 Red Chests, 3 Whites, and another white far off, that nobody really goes for, because it's just inefficient. I farm Fastness as well, there's a higher potential for Red Chests, it's about as simple, once you have the route down, and I'm biased, but I just seem to find better gear there. Both of my shields have come from Fastness, 1.5 and 1.7, and my current Volcano.

Fastness is also criminally simple if you have a Siren. Phasewalk just makes it the easiest run in the world.

Lemme double-check, and post what I have on Mordecai, and you guys can all take a look. I don't really use him for anything beyond farming, so it's all pretty much free game.

Sniper Rifles -
Fearsome Volcano - Level 42 - 802 Damage, 97.8 Accuracy, .6 RoF. 3-shot clip, 1.x zoom.
Fearsome Volcano - Level 48 - 797 Damage, 97.4 Accuracy, .7 RoF. 6-shot clip, 1.x zoom.
Solid Volcano - Level 48 - 596 Damage, 96.7 Accuracy, .6 RoF. 6-shot clip, 1.x zoom
Rolling Surkov - Level 48 - 841 Damage, 94.9 Accuracy, 1.0 RoF. 3-shot clip, 2.7x zoom, 150% Crit damage bonus.
Liquid Invader - Level 48 - 295 Damage, 98.3 Accuracy, 2.4 RoF. 15-shot clip, 58% Recoil reduction, Fully-auto when zoomed.

Pistols -
Blast Protector - Level 48 - 119 Damage, 76.2 Accuracy, 4.6 RoF. 18-shot clip, 4.1x zoom, ammo regen. 2x Blast.
Pestilent Defiler - Level 48 - 394 Damage, 91.7 Accuracy, 1.0 RoF. 6-shot clip, 2.3 zoom.
Swift Masher - Level 36 - 238x7 Damage, 81.4 Accuracy, 1.9 RoF. 2-shot clip, 4.2 Zoom, 55% Reload Speed

SMG -
Double Anarchy - Level 48 - 100x4 Damage, 33.3 Accuracy, 12.5 RoF. 54-shot clip, 3.9x zoom, 41% reload speed.
Double Anarchy - Level 48 - 107x4 Damage, 27 Accuracy, 12.5 RoF. 82-shot clip, -6% Reload speed.

I have a few class-mods, mostly for the Hunter Class, as well.

Hunter - Level 37 - 52% Bloodwing Damage, 4 Aerial Impact, 3 Swift Strike, 3 Out For Blood. 48% Action Skill Cooldown
Ranger - Level 48 - 52% Team Accuracy, 3 Predator, 4 Bird of Prey, 3 Focus. 66% Team Critical Hit Damage
Sniper - Level 48 - 75% Sniper Critical Hit Damage, 4 Focus, 3 Caliber, 3 Carrion Call, +11 Sniper Rifle Ammo Regen

Commando - Level 48 - 60% Shotgun RoF, 4 Scattershot, 3 Defense, 3 Quick Charge, +13 Shotgun Ammo Regen

The Hellfire and the Volcano are among some of the best weapons in the game, for PvE. I haven't messed with much direct PvP, so I'm not sure if weapon-tiers change somewhat, or not. Those two though, are just able to drop fleshy target so efficiently, and so quickly, that it's hard to justify not using them. The Anarchies are nice for Lilith's who are dealing with non-fleshy targets, and who are spec'd for Mind Games, because they have such a high rate of fire, and shoot 4x.
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 am

i feel as though im missing out on an awesome game. Crying or Very sad

i srsly just read through all that technical talk bout the awesomess of the game.. and not only did i have to like.. re read it.. it makes me feel like.....
im missing out on a shiny new toy..

ima go ask daddo if he will get it for me Cool
which means.. i have to run around and be a bit of a cleaner for a few weeks.. ugh. ironing. =\

this game better be worth it -.-
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 am

Sayber, It's a base $60 investment with a $10 charge per DLC, without which you're not getting the full experience. Up to you, but it's gonna take a loooot of cleaning to keep on top of it. It is an entertaining game. Heck, I'm on my fourth playthrough with only my second character. But to be totally frank, there is a lot of farming going on at high levels that can get a bit repetitive. But you need to do it to be prepared to tackle the next ten dollar challenge they throw your way.
My advice is to play a demo, rent, or borrow it if you can to see if you really like it before you pay that much for it.
I'm not trying to put you off the game. This is just the type of thing I do typically before I spend a large amount of money. Impulse buying is bad 9 times out of 10.

End, That there's a mighty fine level 48 Volcano you got there. :atyourfeet: In fact, nice hauls all around. I have a class mod you might like. Not a support Gunner, but it does buff the skills you use quite nicely, while adding team shield regen and I think +15% team shield capacity. I believe it adds three or four points each to Defense and Quick Charge, as well as another skill that escapes me at the moment. Might consider swapping this one in before combat while using Support Gunner the rest of the time. By now it's not like you don't know when there's gonna be a fight, right? Though if you think it's a pain, I could understand that.

Got my Roland up to 41 tonight. The new build is working well. I can actually use the turret now, and to very good effect. I'll post the build tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 am

Thinking
maybe i should look into renting it.

OMG GUESS WHAT!
I CANZ BUY IT!
WOOOO!

cuz for christmas.. i got $50 and then i had like another $30 and som more moneys stashed somewhere.. scratch
but cuz my daddo stole my money and then spent it on hamburgers.. i dont have it.. sooooo. IMA MAKE HIM BUY IT, and then give me the rest he owes me Cool

dunno if that will work.. but yee.

eh. ill just rent it
Laughing
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 am

Cobalt Monkey wrote:
You're a broken record, B. Look just above your post. Wink You actually said pretty much the same thing I did. But hey, now we have some info and a confirmation on it. Always good. Smile

Volcanos are teh pwnzor.

My game actually froze during Zombie Island. I think you're exactly right. Too much junk on the ground from Bloodwing. When he smacks six zombies per throw, and I get him back in a few seconds from Carrion Call, the ground just gets covered. Sucked that it froze too. Had to recollect about 30 brains.
Btw, I'll give you and Six the same info I did Liam. Make sure you visit the person in the lower left of Hollow's End before you go about collecting brains, otherwise it's a waste.

I know Sad
i was posting that then i got distracted, came back to post it and you had posted and i didnt want to change my post.... lol

didnt freeze for me yet. but thanks for the tip about collecting brains

ill take one of those volcanoes off you in a bit end Wink ive already got myself a double anarchy and i never use pistols Sad
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:24 am

Cobalt, I could definitely take a look. It doesn't sound bad, by any means.

And, yeah, guys, just shoot me a request, or throw me a 'vite sometime, and I can give you guys the Volcanos or whatever. After I decided that I hated Bloodwing, and sniping, I started to find some pretty respectable rifles. I'll bust out the Volcano every once in a while, to hit some Serra Guardians, but typically my Thanatos does well enough.

Wish I could find a 1.9 shield though. The hunt continues.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am

ill send you a psn inv tonight end Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 am

I gotta tidy up my PSN list tonight, remove people I dunno and people I ain't played with in forever or are not using the accounts anymore.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:48 pm

I'll send you an invite tonight.
I'm not sure if it's typical of the place, but I did find better shields in Jakobs Cove than I have anywhere else. My shield came out of a red chest in the Dahl Headlands. It's a 1,300 or so, and is still the best I've found. The others I saw in the DLC were close and had resistances and stuff on them. Might be I have bad luck finding shields, so maybe if you take a look there you can find a better one
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:33 pm

I wish, but I'm sans DLC, at the moment. 4 birthdays this month, and the UC2 DLC have me a bit strapped, unfortunately. I'm hoping to get some cash soon, and pick up at least Moxie. I'd like to try the Zombie Island soon though, I hear it's a lot to handle on PT2.5.

Cobalt, that'd be great. I'd love to get some playtime in, if you wouldn't mind scaling back down to vanilla Borderlands, plus you said you were interested in at least one of the Volcanos, right? Banded, same for you, I'd love to get some time in, and if you need a Volcano, just let me know, and I have no problem hooking you guys up. They just sit in my inventory anyway.

Anybody interested in some of the other stuff? Looking for something? I can still farm 2.5, or go back to 1, if you're in need of lower level gear. Just let me know, guys.

Speaking of gear potential, I'm not sure how the area it's in, affects it. I've not paid enough attention, and displays are still bugged out in 2.5, as far as I'm aware. I think everyone just kinda has a "lucky" spot. For my buddy Vash, it's the Middle of Nowhere vendors. He's still using most of the gear he's found there, and I prefer Fastness, because of my shield finds, and my Volcanos. There's also a guaranteed Class Mod and Pistol as well, so I've found some keepers in the lockers.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:38 pm

ill take the lvl 42 volcano off you. im lvl 36 atm so ill just use the one i currently ave til i get to 42 Smile

ill take any other stuff youre willing to give lol. soon as my buddy is off ill send you a psn invite. the gf wants to hang out tonight so i wont be on to play.. im fine with that though Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

My Roland build: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I think it's got potential. Plus, with Moxxie, I'll have another two points to play with.
Oh, and the full stats on that class mod:
Tactician. Level 43
+ 1 Team Shield Regen
+ 3 Defense
+ 3 Quick Charge
+ 3 Aid Station
+ 15% Team Shield Capacity
Welcome to it if you like.

And no problem laying off the DLC. I'm doing a second playthrough for Roland atm anyway. Send you an invite in a little while.
Not sure when your normal play time is, but mine's usually later in the evenings. I'm here in the Central Time Zone. For reference, it's just about 11:41 PM as I type this. On my days off, chances are you won't catch me on before 2 PM. Any time after that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm really sorry, Cobalt, but I won't be able to make it tonight. I've got a bunch of stuff to take care of tonight, to get ready for my girlfriend's birthday tomorrow. Tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'll be on, if she skips out with some friends, for a while, I might be able to hop on, but from Wednesday on, I should absolutely be free.

I'm Central as well, so that'll make it nice and easy to get something arranged. Sorry again.

Which Volcano was it, that you were interested in? I have two that fit the over 700, I just want to make sure I hold on to the right one, for you.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 am

No worries at all, mate. I meant I'd send you a PSN invite. lol
I work tomorrow anyways, but am free from Wednesday on as well. If you see me on any time then shoot me a message, and we'll get in game. No rush whatsoever. RL comes first.

And it was the Level 48 Fearsome Volcano. Smile
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:36 am

Thanks, Cobalt, I appreciate the 'vite. We can try to get something planned for Wednesday, then. I have class in the morning, but afternoon and on, I should be free.

And, that's perfect, on the Volcano, because banded was interested in the 42. Banded, I'll shoot you a 'vite as well, if you haven't beaten me to it, next time I'm on. Definitely looking forward to getting some games in with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 am

Underdome is definatly to be played with people, playing on my own is driving me loco. I always get to Round 5 of 5 to the third or fourth wave then Boom I die. Guns firing :ummm: Borderlands - Page 6 860619
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top