Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

What is your favorite weapon?
Carbine
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap29%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 10 ]
Bullseye
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap24%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Marksman
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap24%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Deadeye
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap9%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Mutator
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap3%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Atomizer
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap3%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Shotgun
Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_lcap8%Resistance 3 - Page 38 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

Resistance 3 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 am

whatbearisbest wrote:
Yeah, I beat it last night. Kinda disappointed it only took me a day to beat. It even took me 2 and a half days to beat duke nukem...

This is really worrying me. £35-40 for a day of campaign doesn't seem right. I wasn't that impressed by the online beta either although must admit I've not really played it since they increased the level cap, lot of RL stuff to do.

Thinking
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 am

whatbearisbest wrote:
Yeah, I beat it last night. Kinda disappointed it only took me a day to beat. It even took me 2 and a half days to beat duke nukem...

Thinking Hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:48 am

But you can beat R1 and R2 in 3 hours if you get your skates on and the COD games are only 4-6 hours. I think we need to know what Bear meant by "a day". Was that 3 hours? 12 hours? 14 hours?

FoM took me six months to beat, but that's because I only played it once a week or so and then only for a level or two or maybe a few checkpoints.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:00 am

Thing is it took me less than Bear to beat Duke Nukem...
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:07 am

Ah, but with the weapon wheel, the R3 campaign should have lots of replay value.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:09 am

eattheword wrote:
But you can beat R1 and R2 in 3 hours if you get your skates on and the COD games are only 4-6 hours. I think we need to know what Bear meant by "a day". Was that 3 hours? 12 hours? 14 hours?

FoM took me six months to beat, but that's because I only played it once a week or so and then only for a level or two or maybe a few checkpoints.

I guess we'd need to know the difficulty level Bear played on.

I usually play through first on the hardest available so for Call of Duty games I'll start on Veteran and I'll be playing for a couple of weeks with 2-3 hours a day. Then I'll go back on Recruit and get the trophies I missed etc. RFoM would have been different cos that was my first FPS so I was stuck on several checkpoints while I tried different methods to get through.

I'm guessing with R3, I'll have to play Hard to unlock Superhuman like with RFoM and R2, though I didn't bother to finish R2 Superhuman...

If a game can be cleared in a day straight out of the box without knowing what's around the next corner that means to me it is too short or too easy.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 am

eattheword wrote:
Ah, but with the weapon wheel, the R3 campaign should have lots of replay value.

Story has to wow me as well.
I will be getting it, no doubt, can't have 1 & 2 just sitting on my shelf without 3. Plus there isn't really anything else out this month and Lisa hasn't a clue what ever else to get me for the birthyday.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 am

Ok I started playing around 11 am. I took an hour break to walk the dogs and another hour break to make husband dinner. finished game around midnight. So what is that? 11 hours of game play?

I also always play the game on easiest setting the first time around because I like to check out everything, try to get most of the trophies, etc... To unlock superhuman you just have to beat it on normal or hard. There are 20 chapters, and 5 cities, the first 4 cites I was able to fly through, the last city took me quite a bit longer.

Yesterday I replayed a lot of the levels and can definitely see myself being able to replay this game over and over. I guess the one good thing about me being able to beat it in a day is that it kept my attention long enough to sit all day and play it when no other game has.

I don't regret buying this at all.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 am

That's all good to know Bear, thanks for the update.

I ordered it earlier anyway, early birthday present for myself.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 am

Late birthday present for me. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 am

945 years young eh etw? Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:31 am

Yup. Today I'm older than Yoda. The 45 bit is right, anyway.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:00 am

I'm having a blast playing 2 player co-op campaign with my son. I'd estimate we are about a third of the way through. We usually start Co-op on easy, get a play through in and then bump up difficulty for replays. After a while both of us will do campaign in single player. Saturday we plan on grinding it out cause we have the whole day together. I imagine we will play the snot out of this game by the time we are through with it. FOM was our go to game for about a year. That was before he got into COD so who knows.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:11 am

I tried playing co-op with my husband last night but he takes this so seriously and just bitches the entire time. not very fun
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:34 pm

whatbearisbest wrote:
I tried playing co-op with my husband last night but he takes this so seriously and just bitches the entire time. not very fun

We have our own unique style of play.

Me: I'm bleeding out, that Deadeye nailed me! Quick revive me.
Son: (Jumps on Zipline) Whoo, hoo ! Sorry can't get back up there !
Me: I'm dead.

or

Me: That Brawler looks brutal. Lets weaken it before it gets closer
Son: (Rushing Brawler) Die! ,Die,! Die! ........ I'm bleeding out !
Me: I'm on my way.

Can't wait til Saturday!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:17 pm

eattheword wrote:

My fasted completes for Fall of Man and Resistance 2 are about 2 and 3 hours respectively. Eat's right, the Resistance games were never that long.

I finally found some time to finish it up earlier, so now I can visit this thread again without fear.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 pm

rrwatch wrote:
whatbearisbest wrote:

We have our own unique style of play.

Me: I'm bleeding out, that Deadeye nailed me! Quick revive me.
Son: (Jumps on Zipline) Whoo, hoo ! Sorry can't get back up there !
Me: I'm dead.

or

Me: That Brawler looks brutal. Lets weaken it before it gets closer
Son: (Rushing Brawler) Die! ,Die,! Die! ........ I'm bleeding out !
Me: I'm on my way.

Can't wait til Saturday!!

LMAO!
that sounds like me and my dad Razz
But i'm you in this situation.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm

im gonna pwn some nooblet after the weekend.... actually probably wednesday. its customary to finish campaign before MP Smile
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:11 am

man the party system sucks balls me and red spent 10mins trying to party and we gave
up and i just joined his game where he kicked my ass in deathmatch.
btw red those two deathmatch games wer my first ever in resistance .
i will have to give it more of a crack seems fun.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 am

Wadey wrote:
man the party system sucks balls me and red spent 10mins trying to party and we gave
up and i just joined his game where he kicked my ass in deathmatch.
btw red those two deathmatch games wer my first ever in resistance .
i will have to give it more of a crack seems fun.
Yeah, that DID blow. Played today & it seems to have been fixed, though. I popped your FFA cherry? (*^_^*) Awesome! Yeah, get into it. I love that mode. (^_-)d Speaking of which...

Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:21 am

Nice vid!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 am

DP: my game just arrived. Thought it wasn't going to turn up today. But it came by courier.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:07 am

STICK IT IN! STICK IT IN! ...(thats what she said.)
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:38 am

Redham thanks for letting us know how to "handle" the two guys in shields facing each other down situation ! Spit sprayed the monitor on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 am

eattheword wrote:
DP: my game just arrived. Thought it wasn't going to turn up today. But it came by courier.

Enjoy the game, Eat!
Back to top Go down

Resistance 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: