Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 am

Already bought two implants, The expensive ones. It really doesn't take you all that long to get the cash.

Well the only other place you can get them is from rangers with the trench coats when you have a high enough level, Silenced gun shot from hidden to the head and hope the head goes kablooey or you get Neg Rep. But they are nearly always broke or just borderline and costs a fortune to repair... more than it does to simply buy one considering they are rare enough. Legion only uses it towards the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 am

Darn it. I'm NCR aligned too.
Fine. I'll go buy one. *kicks can*
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 pm

So I seem to have a little problem.

In order to be able to play this game at school without having to worry about anything happening to my machine, I decided to buy a USB drive, play the game on the school PS3, and save the data on the thumb drive, so that I could transport my files home and bring the game back and forth from home to school.

Unfortunately, this seems not to be. Once I got everything set up on my PS3 and loaded my save file, I got a message saying that this game belongs to another user, so I would not be able to save any progress I made; and in a game like Fallout, this means that that game is unplayable.

Does anyone know how to get around this? I want to be able to continue the game on this save, and I REALLY don't want to have to start the game over.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:45 pm

omega9 wrote:

In order to be able to play this game at school without having to worry about anything happening to my machine, I decided to buy a USB drive, play the game on the school PS3, and save the data on the thumb drive, so that I could transport my files home and bring the game back and forth from home to school.

Unfortunately, this seems not to be. Once I got everything set up on my PS3 and loaded my save file, I got a message saying that this game belongs to another user, so I would not be able to save any progress I made; and in a game like Fallout, this means that that game is unplayable.

Does anyone know how to get around this? I want to be able to continue the game on this save, and I REALLY don't want to have to start the game over.

can you make your own account and play with it on the school ps3? then you just need to be signed into the same psn on both machines

also WTF, why does your school have a ps3?
Back to top Go down
Crimson Origin
First Nation
First Nation
Crimson Origin

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 pm

nobody wrote:
omega9 wrote:

can you make your own account and play with it on the school ps3? then you just need to be signed into the same psn on both machines

also WTF, why does your school have a ps3?

Same here...How does your school have a PS3 and NOT get students distracted haha
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:32 am

College Dorms.

Thinking I'll have a look see around for you Omega.

Edit: Current Research turned up that your progress should save you just won't get the Throphies. Load the up save, then from there create a new save. See if that works out. Its mostly the trophies that become disabled, not the whole progress of the game.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 am

Thats the thing; it won't even let me save the game. I could honestly care less about the trophies.

I'll tinker with it later today and report back to you guys. Thanks for the help so far guys.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Origin
First Nation
First Nation
Crimson Origin

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Best of luck! It would be a shame if you couldn't play it without restarting a new game
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Its looking like I either need to find a work around, hack the save, or start anew if I want to play the game at home. Drat.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:17 pm

omega9 wrote:
Its looking like I either need to find a work around, hack the save, or start anew if I want to play the game at home. Drat.

can you play on your own psn at school?

make a new account, register an already existing psn and enter your email and password you normally use. that or the other way around with the one you use at school
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:44 am

^that seems doable^
Can you log into your PSN account from home that you use in the school? I had the same problem with FO3 when one of my other PS3's died and did a data transfer, couldn't load it it up cause it was a "different user" but when I signed in it wasn't a problem.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 am

So I would have to log in to the school account from home?
I could try that, but then I would need the user name and password of the school PS3, which could prove problematic.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:40 am

Oh right yeah cause the guy who set it up is an ass.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:47 am

Its more the school not giving me the login info thats the problem. I could find a way to set things up on my own.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 am

Ah feck.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:53 am

Yeah, it could prove difficult. Maybe doable depending on who I ask, but difficult none the less.

Also: I hate Cazadores.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 am

This is how the makers of Fallout amuse themselves.

Worth a chuckle just to see Boone churn the butter.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am

omega9 wrote:
Yeah, it could prove difficult. Maybe doable depending on who I ask, but difficult none the less.

Also: I hate Cazadores.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 am

Likewise.
Nothing more annoying than those that I've come across in the game. Mad
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:58 pm

I tried tackling the location of the Legendary Cazadore earlier, and got my ass kicked. There are a couple of blocks of C4 in there though.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:52 pm

omega9 wrote:
Its more the school not giving me the login info thats the problem. I could find a way to set things up on my own.
or you could start a new game, and use your personal psn on the school one
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:07 pm

There are two reasons I don't want to do that:
1) I would be losing around 24+ hours of progress. If I had no choice but to start a new game, I would probably end up just shelving the game and moving on to greener pastures.
2) There are probably around 10,000 people who go to my school. If even 1% of them are douchebags, thats 100 people that could find a way to screw up my personal file. Yes, there are security measures that could help prevent this. No, I'm not taking the risk.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 am

omega9 wrote:
I tried tackling the location of the Legendary Cazadore earlier, and got my ass kicked. There are a couple of blocks of C4 in there though.

I think I got lucky with him, got himself stuck into a space he couldn't move and used my Multiplas against him. Some good loot in there though.

New unique weapons found.

Lucky: Unique .357 revolver.
Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle: Unique Sniper
Ratslayer: Unique Varmint Rifle
YCS/186: Unique whatever you call that weapon
Love and Hate: Unique Spiked knuckles

Gonna have to take pictures of these things.

Anyone ever see The Fifth Element? Well the remanents armour reminds me of those big aliens at the start.

Also Monkey, video is epic. Wish we could get cool ass mods like that but you need like a PC for that stuff.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Well, I started back on this and I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that I was able to bypass the annoying glitch I had with Veronica's I Could Make You Care quest by completing two other Brotherhood quests in which I had to deal with the Elder. Finished her quest up without a hitch.

The bad news is that for some reason when I went back to the Lucky 38, I found Victor dead outside, and when I went in all the bots were hostile.
I couldn't help but notice, after slaughtering them all with my handy-dandy Pulse Gun, that Rex was missing from my companions in the suite. Is it possible the little snot left and picked a fight with Victor for no good reason?
Looks like I won't be doing the The House Always Wins quest. It apparently failed and I never got a notification.
Shrug
Oh, well. I was going NCR anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Well, I started back on this and I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that I was able to bypass the annoying glitch I had with Veronica's I Could Make You Care quest by completing two other Brotherhood quests in which I had to deal with the Elder. Finished her quest up without a hitch.

The bad news is that for some reason when I went back to the Lucky 38, I found Victor dead outside, and when I went in all the bots were hostile.
I couldn't help but notice, after slaughtering them all with my handy-dandy Pulse Gun, that Rex was missing from my companions in the suite. Is it possible the little snot left and picked a fight with Victor for no good reason?
Looks like I won't be doing the The House Always Wins quest. It apparently failed and I never got a notification.
Shrug
Oh, well. I was going NCR anyway.

He tends to go back to the Kings building, have a look there.
Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top