Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 pm

... that's what I meant too.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Azira wrote:
Grenade spamming would be even worse maybe?

I don't understand this though.....
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

People would be even less careful with grenades since there would be no need to work around their teammates.
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

I don't understand either of you! haha

I think keeping it on allows you to learn better control and placement of your grenades. If you can't kill your teammates than what's to stop you from wildly chucking grenades at an enemy and your teammate to see if you can get the kill. You have to learn better technique when learning to be concerned about the whereabouts of your mates.

Like I'm one to talk though...in the last week I've blasted Mitch at least twice with badly thrown grenades! Sorry buddy!
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:01 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Azira wrote:
Grenade spamming would be even worse maybe?

I don't understand this though.....

Grenades in their current state can kill team mates, yes? Therefore, if you have team mates that are relatively close to an enemy, you'll hesitate before throwing the grenade, right? Take away the consequence of team-killing and you'll probably get an increase in grenade use.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:02 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Azira wrote:
Turtle wrote:
Azira wrote:
I think it's fair to reset the kill streak if you kill your team mate. Otherwise, people would be running around killing their team mates so they could get the killstreak medals if team mate kills count towards your score. I don't think they do though.

I still think it's fair.
Well, it's one thing to punish for excessive team-killing, because that's obviously a no-no. But if some fool gets blown up by a grenade meant for your enemy of his own accord, then there needs to be an allowance made. Especially if the grenade blew the enemy up, too. There should be a system that checks if whatever killed your teammate also killed an enemy; and if that's the case, don't cancel the streak, if applicable.

They can try to do that all they like, but there will be instances when people say a killstreak should have counted when it didn't, and then ND will get a mouthful of whinings and complainings, or that they didn't REALLY mean to team-kill. It's just easier to say team-kill = reset of kill streak and if some idiot runs on top of your grenade well that's the luck of the draw.

I'm not sure why friendly-fire isn't off though. Thinking

I never understood why they didn't just turn it off. It really is a simple as it sounds. Disable all grenades as far as your team mates are concerned.

Silver, I think it will be tough for the system to do that just because to it our avatar's are just a bunch of 0s and 1s, I just think it would be tough for the system to tell the difference between friend and foe, that is all
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 pm

If they can distinguish between the two when it comes to regular weapons and melee, then they wouldn't have any problems with explosions.
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Ok, regardless of the argument of whether or not a computer can do it, I still can't see a good reason to take this away.

Because you can't shoot your teammate allows you to continue a rampant streak, however if you accidentally kill your friend with a grenade then your rampant ends. I think the two effectively cancel each other out.

Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 pm

It's about not letting spiteful team mates kill you with grenades for taking their kills, which is much more important than helping people get better with grenades.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm

I have to admit its a possibility, Turtle, but I think they might not do it initially, ND runs so much like politics, lobby enough and it will be done, I personally wouldn't mind it, I would be just as cautious though, just to make sure that the grenade was not thrown by an enemy instead of my friend

The fact of the matter, Fawlty, is that we all get more tense the longer our streaks go on for, I get kind of tense after the fury but once I get the rage I start to become so tense that I would camp to get that rampant, you'll know what I'm talking about soon, I'm sure of it lol
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Fun games, Turtle & Silver! Smile
Did we lose any game at all?

Just like the good ol' days, eh? Cool
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah I haven't anything past a streak yet so I'm not even close to knowing what you're talking about. In fact the medal I have the most of...Unlucky!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:41 pm

the thing about unluckies, Fawlty, is that to be perfectly honest with you once you get negatives you will be getting unlucky medals aplenty, especially when you use Invalid or Come Get Some and if you play against people who just insist on pulling all kinds of stuff to get kills, glitching, refusing to use anything but melee or grenades, etc. but its all good, you'll improve, I remember it wasn't until I got into my mid 40s that I started to get good results consistently, which is usually just about 1:1 K/D per match, I will sometimes go negative but that is usually because of some random stuff....usually with randoms, oddly enough, I rarely go negative when partied up with 6th nation guys
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Yeah I don't really care what my stats are as long as I'm having fun. Usually winning or doing well leads to the most fun which is why we push ourselves. I know I'll get there at some point as long as I keep practicing!
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Being competitive can keep the game interesting and a challenge but it can also ruin it for you.

Endlo and myself are good examples of that I think. I remember many times both of us getting mad at stupid stuff (which is reasonable) but the fact that we where competitive made those things stick out to us like thorns. It's good to push yourself but don't let it be the only reason you play. Try to have fun.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 pm

im leaving sunday over here. Which for a lot of you is saturday..

I have all days off work up to then. Ill jump on regularly to see whose on.

And Vrals... you will game it up with me. Even if I have to wake up at 5 in the morning...

This also goes for all of you crazy ppl with schedules Pikachu
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:35 pm

What if I refuse to put the disc in?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Then we'll send you El Dorado lol
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Ok, I'll just sell it and be better off than ever.

Try again.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Fine I'll send one of those guardians that was high on resin to your house
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Why don't we all just go to silver's house and break all his discs except for U2 ? Wink .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 pm

lets just steal them until Wolf leaves, he can have his babies back when Wolf goes to universtiy

GGs tonight, Fawlty and Wolf, that 52 on the other team sure was something....pumping me after killing me with the pistole with two, no FOUR shots, sure made me feel like a noob *note there is supposed to be sarcasm in that last part of the sentence*
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:01 pm

ha yer i got that. I just found it strange coz he didnt kill me once.

Silver.. when I become almighty vet of the universe im going to send insects into your PS3 to break the "disc come outy" mechanism that makes your discs come outy... while U2 is in there. You'll be stuck in a purgatorial world where you can only play U2...

This could be avoided by playing a few matches with wolfcub..

FYI, this also goes for everybody except the people not members of 6th nation... Even you 'classic' players like Reo and Raist and etc and etc and Endlo.

Remember guys, "It's not about winning. It's about having fun... while you get slaughtered by the other team..." - Fawlty Towers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

or shutting no skill pumpers lol, I always get joy from that, heck any killing really, that is why I like playing plunder, so I can kill as many people as I can, just wish that I could get the original amount of money now that I could get a few months ago, make it so much easier to level up, make like 100+k a match then
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top