Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Jolli, I would add/make an addition to this is: good with ideas and support but suffer in their execution. These kickbacks are pretty much like killstreaks in CoD but some of them are so over used and not needed that it suffers a bit.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 pm

The kickbacks were a Great idea, just some were OP i.e quickboom when it first launched
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Also they spent half of their promotion for the game discussing how amazing the Airplane and train sequences would be in the multiplayer, but lo and behold.

They suffered lag, framerate issues, players disconnecting.
So they removed it, 5 months later.

What they did is try too much, too much at the same time.

This game pisses me off, but i'll take it for what it is, and I will play it until something else comes along.
I did enjoy it when it first came out, but it just gets worse and worse.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Worse ?, I thought it was getting better judging by other players with all the patches and dlc
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Mitchell wrote:
Yes I agree about it not being the BEST multiplayer game but I was referring to the fact that many on the ND forums were complaining about lack of support but if you look at the big picture ND, did quite a lot with U3, from dlc to huge patches with nerfs/extra modes and trophies etc.
U2 would be so much better if they didn't support it. the Beta of U2 was the best the game was. the frickin beta. i wish they didnt patch U2 do things like 1.04 and such, and just left the damn game alone. it was great as it started
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Makes you wonder what they're going to do to U4...........
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Shrug

Also, I disagree with your statement Nobody, but I guess too each his own.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 am

Anybody here played this game recently ?

How is it fairing now ?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 pm

I got some games in last night. The most recent lab is plunder with rpgs and mag-5s only. As you can probably imagine, hard to live long. As for the actual multiplayer, its weird, it feels like people are complete bullet sponges when using the M9, can be really annoying. Also takes some time getting used to the controls again......
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah, I understand that getting the hang of the controls is pretty frustrating.

Is it just me that thinks that when the game came out it was much easier to kill people and as it got older people all of a sudden could take a whole or maybe even 2 clips without dying...

Like somehow the lag or net code or what ever got worse with age.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm

to be honest I think that was the case with both this game and U2 (although it was more of an upside down bell curve in U2). Kind of sucks, these games had so much potential only for ND to ruin them. ND should get some of the Zipper developers to help them out with multiplayer lol
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Played Classic. It's still UC3 at its core, so it still plays badly. Aiming and movement feel off. Lag is still pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Yes it is, huge disappointment in my opinion, would have rather it be U2 in U3 but it was basically an Old School U3 but I guess that is what they meant by Classic, not what all of us U2 guys imagine(d) when we heard "Classic"
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 am

What they did with classic was a valiant effort in my opinion, but they didn't take any of the great and awesome suggestions that were in the original thread on the forums.

So again they suffer in execution, I will just be visiting this game when I'm bored of BO2 or something, its good for a quick adrenaline boost (when you're doing good that is)

or I might just go back to UC2, which is far superior.

Hope they do a MP for the last of us, even though it might be a little tacked on, I wouldn't mind.
It would be barebones and simple (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:24 pm

JolliestTimer Of The Year wrote:
What they did with classic was a valiant effort in my opinion, but they didn't take any of the great and awesome suggestions that were in the original thread on the forums.

So again they suffer in execution, I will just be visiting this game when I'm bored of BO2 or something, its good for a quick adrenaline boost (when you're doing good that is)

or I might just go back to UC2, which is far superior.

Hope they do a MP for the last of us, even though it might be a little tacked on, I wouldn't mind.
It would be barebones and simple (hopefully)

Definitely go to UC2. Sure, the TTK is low, and it's still P2P, and there's other negatives, but it beats out UC3. Aiming and movement feels much better, even though there's less recoil and more spread. Player models seem more detailed. Map design is better in my eyes.

I'm beginning to dislike PvP MP since almost every game is screwing it up now. But I can see simple/barebones PvP in TLoU working well. Would prefer co-op though. >_>
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 am

19-0.
Time for my very first Rampant in this game?
Nope, TRIANGLE decided to stop functioning (lag?) and a revenge nade gets me.

Story of my life. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 am

TRIANGLE noob. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 pm

I haven't played this game online in FOREVER. Find myself wanting to go back but I left my copies at the dorm (yes, I have two copies of the game, got a free copy of the game of the year edition with the super slim)
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Leo_Ho_Ho wrote:
TRIANGLE noob. Razz

Hahaha, I won't deny that I am.
I reckon I'm starting to get too old for this "gaming" thingy.
I actually have to warm-up my hands before playing now or I find myself having issues reaching buttons Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:18 pm

that might have more to do with your location than anything else
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Got this for Christmas. Didn't take long to go through it, but the last time I was going to write up my thoughts on it my internet was down all day. Anyhoo...
It was...an Uncharted game. Just about says it all at this point, doesn't it? There wasn't much new to it. It's still solid, of course, but the formula is getting a bit stale.
I did like the new characters that were introduced. Marlowe was very hateable. Charlie was amusing. All the returning characters were their awesome selves. And the scant info on Drake's past was certainly welcome. "Drake's Deception" indeed.

The changes added to the melee system were improvements, but because of what it is now, the comparison to the Batman games is inevitable. Unfortunately, Uncharted's melee just doesn't hold a candle to Batman's Free Flow Combo system. It comes off as a pale imitation. Then again, Drake is no Batman. I'm sure he'd kill for a grappling hook gun.
Speaking of guns, the cover based shooting was the standard experience we've come to expect. Can't think of any complaints on any of the guns themselves either. Really, my only problem was near the end when they decided that for their cover based shooter they were going to trow in enemies that could teleport behind your cover. And give them grenades with no indicator to top of that. I suffered a few deaths to those, and it wasn't challenging so much as mildly frustrating.

As for the levels, they're beautiful, and certainly imaginative. But even so, it's all still rain pipes and crumbling ledges. You can only have the ledge crumble out from under you so many times before it's not amusing anymore. The next Uncharted game is going to really have to do something to spice it up for me.

Didn't try the multiplayer. Just doesn't interest me.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm

One thing that bothers me is how Charlie just seemed to drop out of the story, never to be seen again. Not even a hospital visit at the end of the game. :/
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Yeah. The cast is getting too large. There's no way to give each member enough spotlight.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 pm

Azira wrote:
One thing that bothers me is how Charlie just seemed to drop out of the story, never to be seen again. Not even a hospital visit at the end of the game. :/

Same here. I disliked how there wasn't a followup with Chloe and Charlie.

Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 am

I'm fine with a cast of Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe, and Charlie, five people isn't that bad. Just keep it with these five and I'll be fine. How about keeping them all in the story this time as well, make it harder or have there be more enemies in an area or something like that and I don't think it will be tough to keep all five of them in the story throughout the entire game.
Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top