Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I know... It's just for me, the download took over 24 hours the first time that I installed the game. Maybe it has to do with that my internet providers aren't from Earth though... Shrug
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 pm

shouldn't take me that long, my internet is MUCH better since I got FiOS
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 am

yay someone new to play with.

Vrals, make the right choice and go to SVER for your first faction. I'm about to make the vet to Valor, but if you go to SVER I'll stick around to help you with the game.

1st tip: GEt the medical kit in the Supply Depot, it'll make you level up fast, and get you a good amount of money.

2nd tip: Repair. In Acquisition and Domination games, whenever you are defending, and see a greyed out icon on the minimap, run there with the repair kit and fix it.

3rd: Don't get frustrated with this game early on. It gets a lot better once you unlock better weapons, as SVER has the worst guns in the game. It's not so bad if you're on Valor or RAven though.

For a starting weapon, (on SVER mind you) I would use the starting LMG. 75 clip size, fair stopping power, and its good for a starting weapon. If you're looking to be a ninja, and rape with the knife (Raptor or Mr.Skull anyone?) Spend your points in the close quarters tree. Even though your first skill points should go into medical for the resucitation to revive people.

For the assault kind of person, obviously go into the Assault tree.

Either kind of way you go, make sure you put points into resistance. Get all extended bleedouts, impact resistances, and explosive resistances, they help a lot, and the last skills in Resistance gives you 120 health instead of 100.

Another tree you want, is Athletics. Put points into all the main branch, no side branches, they do nothing really. Athletics is really important, especially for the stealth class which is what I am right now. Finally, if you are a stealth class, go into the Special Ops tree. Get all the Sensor Jammer and Motion Sensor skills. As it will boost your electronics abilities when you get them if you decide to go with the stealth class.

Hope these help you later on and when you begin the game.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks static, I'll try and get it going today, one of my friends, the one who I got the game from, said that I should be SVER first, guess I'll give them a go first, just one question, if I change my faction do I lose all of my upgrades?

Well for some reason the PSN is down for me, no MAG for me today
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
yay someone new to play with.

Vrals, make the right choice and go to SVER for your first faction. I'm about to make the vet to Valor, but if you go to SVER I'll stick around to help you with the game.

1st tip: GEt the medical kit in the Supply Depot, it'll make you level up fast, and get you a good amount of money.

2nd tip: Repair. In Acquisition and Domination games, whenever you are defending, and see a greyed out icon on the minimap, run there with the repair kit and fix it.

3rd: Don't get frustrated with this game early on. It gets a lot better once you unlock better weapons, as SVER has the worst guns in the game. It's not so bad if you're on Valor or RAven though.

For a starting weapon, (on SVER mind you) I would use the starting LMG. 75 clip size, fair stopping power, and its good for a starting weapon. If you're looking to be a ninja, and rape with the knife (Raptor or Mr.Skull anyone?) Spend your points in the close quarters tree. Even though your first skill points should go into medical for the resucitation to revive people.

For the assault kind of person, obviously go into the Assault tree.

Either kind of way you go, make sure you put points into resistance. Get all extended bleedouts, impact resistances, and explosive resistances, they help a lot, and the last skills in Resistance gives you 120 health instead of 100.

Another tree you want, is Athletics. Put points into all the main branch, no side branches, they do nothing really. Athletics is really important, especially for the stealth class which is what I am right now. Finally, if you are a stealth class, go into the Special Ops tree. Get all the Sensor Jammer and Motion Sensor skills. As it will boost your electronics abilities when you get them if you decide to go with the stealth class.

Hope these help you later on and when you begin the game.
Everything he just said is necessary, the only way to survive is to get the medic kit. Even though I'm on Valor, I strongly suggest joining SVER, that's the best faction to get started with. It took some 30 hours for it to download to mine.

Last edited by mattmo0121 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:30 pm

I'll keep that in mind, when I get up tomorrow, stupid PSN maintenance going until 7pm PST

I've been reading up on the factions and I think that I'll go with Raven after I get the hang of the game, wonder how many of you guys use them lol
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 am

Raven huh? I love their Sabo and Acqui map, but ABSOLUTELY hate their Dom map. So ugly. I can hopefully get on this week and send you a friend request. Then we can hopefully get in some games. Pro-tip: Don't play Suppresion. If I'm correct Sabo is one other mode you can play when you start. Sabo is easily my favorite game, when you're defending.

Reason why Suppresion is the worst game mode in this game: Its all who controls this one area, and if you don't control it first, you're usually going to lose. Promotes: CAMPING
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 4:30 pm

I played a lot of suppression today, got to level 5, and someone decided to try and kick me in my second game, nobody else bothered to though lol

I experienced some interesting lag today, be behind some form of a barrier and still die lol

I will not be investing anything in close quarters, I suck at knifing
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Its not really lag, its that bullets can shoot through some walls in this game. Even though there is a little bit of lag every now and then.

Ah, don't worry about knifing. You just have to learn how to use it efficiently. It gets a lot better once you get the upgrades in the close quarters tree. It also took me a while to get used to this knife. Tip: If someone is running towards you, don't wait till the last second to knife. It takes a second for the knife to do the full reach, and they'll end up behind you by the time it comes around. Instead, as they run to you, just before they get too close, knife. when you bring the knife around, they will have ran right into it.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:53 am

I was thinking that might work, will probably take me a while to get efficient with the guessing
Back to top Go down
qnt3n
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:45 am

Raven had to have been my favorite faction teamwork-wise. I didn't seem to find all the COD lone-wolves that you find on Valor, a lot of more mature people. I have to say that I loved Valor's shotgun though. SVERs SMG was good too.

Lightweight+sensor jammer+motion sensor+12-gauge pump was the best combination ever for me, took out all assets with ease, and I could easily hide in the grass if someone was running by. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy this game again, although I didn't like the new skill tree they had with the update
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm

I know what you mean there qnt3n, I have always found Raven to go in a group, like 3-4 of them together and even their small groups is 2 people, if you do manage to find a guy by himself then you better be ready for another guy to be around that corner

I doubt I'll get on the PS3 at all over the next week since my basement has like 3 inch high water in there and I bet that the PS3 will not be set up in any other room, too much gunfire for my mom to stand and I do not have long enough headphone cords to make it to the couch lol

It also means that I will not be able to charge the controllers much since for some reason people LOVE to walk right in front of the TV and that means that they trip over the cords....

EDIT: Guys I'm sorry to say that this flood has put my gaming on hold until further notice, idk where the PS3 will go for the interim or if it will even be plugged into a TV, we're forced to renovate my basement now because all of the wood was deformed by the water, fml, hope to game it up with some of you when I make my return to PS3, whenever that is
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Made the worst decision when I played today.
I vetted to Raven. They are TERRIBLE compared to SVER. I would've rather gone with Valor than this. Even though I do have to say, I LOVE the F90, ATAC-2000, and RFTL Assault rifle, especially with the Optical sight. those are the only two guns I can use the optical sight on.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 am

I totally know what you mean, the guys who I played against on Raven when I was on SVER gave me the wrong idea about Raven, the guys on Raven annoy me more than SVER!
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 am

And it's funny. I found more annoying 13 year olds on this faction than SVER. And what's worse, is that they're completely idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

yeah, yesterday I played a game of domination, there was a clan of 6 in my squad and one other person who wasn't part of their clan and after I defended the burn-off tower they decided to kick me, like wtf? just amazing what some people do, I really notice that people love to kick the squad/platoon/company leaders from the group lol
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:28 pm

yeah, I had 4/5 votes to kick. When I let go of Platoon lead, the one who received it was immediately kicked. I was like, wow, you're all assholes.

anyways, Raven, as a faction, is not good. They're weapons, though, I love. Even their T1 AR is awesome. My main loadouts are F90 with heavy and med kit. ATAC with 4x and regular. and ATAC with 4x regular and RPG.

Friend requested you, Vrals. When I'm on next, maybe we can compete and see who can own each other more. lol
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:45 am

lol totally
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm

So what faction are you on Vrals? SVER or RAven?

Also, I hate LMG users. All they do is run around and spray and pray because they're so powerful it only takes like 3-4 shots. 65% of my deaths this week came from LMG using noobs
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:34 pm

I'm on Raven atm, started out on SVER but I eventually had enough and went to Raven, regretting it now but I'm over halfway to 60 now so I'm going to stick with it, maybe go Valor when I vet

I really should buy the Interdiction and Escalation DLCs, feel like I'm missing out on some interesting maps
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:38 pm

yeah, I'll join you on Valor. I think I'm 25 right now.
What weapons are you using, and how are you specced?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm using the ATAC 2000, also have the shotgun for the times when we get up close and personal with the enemy.

I have a fair amount specced in Assault, everything except for the increased reload times for RPG/Grenade launcher attachment to Assault Rifles

Also have some stuff put into resistances, maxed out on health restored by med kit, working on improving its range atm

For Resistances I have everything except for improved resistances to chemical weapons/flashbangs

I also have some stuff in athletics, will only bother with the running parts of it, though

and I think that is about it lol
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 pm

lol Alright, that's good. I would definetely recommend going into the close quarters tree for the increased knife frequency. No matter how often you use the knife, the decreased time between each swipe is a MUST
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 pm

I plan on going into it, will need to eventually to work on the shotgun, also want to do a little bit involving engineering/spec ops, silencer for spec ops and increased mine deploy for engineering but I can do w/e I want atm, I have a full respec available lol
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 31 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm

lol nice. I wouldn't recommend engineering though. Its just not worth it in the long run unless you plan on being field support. Even though the decrease in charge plant/disarm is valuable. But yes, go into Spec Ops. Fully invest in the Sensor Jammer and Motion Sensor. Those items are very good to use and have.
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top