Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:57 am

Liamcifer wrote:
Its and optional Boss, you can go back and give him another whack if you think you can take him this time. Not the end boss.

cool, may go after him then .
did you guys max out your players by the end .i am level 18 of a possible 25 and don't see me maxing him out .
i am up to just leaving ozamar ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:59 am

What have you got left to do?
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:03 am

Liamcifer wrote:
What have you got left to do?

just left ozamar (under ground Dwarf map) and heading back to Denerem .
i think it is just before the end of the game starts to unravel
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 am

Check chantry boards. Have you done the Merceneries and the magicians tasks?
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:09 am

Liamcifer wrote:
Check chantry boards. Have you done the Merceneries and the magicians tasks?

will check that out tomorrow .

side note has anyone played through as a Dwarf ?

i plan on that when i have finished the human one

and i plan on being a complete ass this time since i playin the nice guy route this time
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:12 am

You should also see if there are any companion quests that need to be done. If you have trouble in getting the companions to like you you can simply download the gifts from the store (Free) to increase their liking of you to help you trigger their quests.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 am

i have done Stens and the witches and Alisters i think
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 am

I dunno, you could be around the same level I was in that general time.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 pm

I'd recommend doing every quest you can before starting the Landsmeet. At least hit level 20.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:05 pm

wadey of the dead wrote:

side note has anyone played through as a Dwarf ?

My other half has played as a dwarf and he really liked it. But he does like the Deep Roads too.

Do as much as you can, take your time, have dialogues and more dialogues. Once you have played a couple of play troughs, you start to be amazed at how many little different options appear for dialogues and how people treat you.

My main character is a rogue elf (wow, surprise... lol) and my cunning is massive. People is really nice and always do what I say Very Happy= :D Lol I also dodge attacks nicely nicely. bounce
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 am

My main Character is a Male Human Noble Warrior that duel wields one handed swords.

Second is a Female Human Mage that can wear big armour and wield big ass swords as well as spells. She looks like a tramp with her make up (o.O)

Next one is a gay Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 am

Beat the high dragon (after loosing 7 times first)

and up to the lands meat .
played far to much of this today i spent an hour just putting on new armor and stuff
then swards and other things as well .

when i play through again should i keep it a separate save game
is there any benefits to do this .
or just go ahead and overwrite on top of the game i am playin when finished ??
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm

There's no New Game+ feature, if that's what you mean. But there is all the DLC and expansions. Dragon Age: Awakening allows you to create a new character, or import your old one, so if you overwrite this one, then you won't be able to do that.
We also don't really know if Dragon Age 2 will implement anything like Mass Effect 2 has, where your decisions in the first game affect the story of the second. It's possible.
My advice would be to keep a second save file, just for safety's sake.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 am

i think i will overwrite this one i stuffed up a lot when i started
with skills and talents and what i spent my points on .
at first i played with sword & shield but after a while changed
to double swords .
and i have not put enough points into constitution think that is it (the one that bumps up your health )so he is flawed in many ways .
so when i start the dwarf one it will be much better character all round
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:28 am

Your call, and I can't say it's a bad one. I know my first character wasn't exactly top notch either, so I can understand wanting to take in a better developed one.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:18 am

yea mate i am going to do the Dwarf story and make him a Tank
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:54 pm

This is awesome.
Apparently, Bioware asked Penny Arcade to make an item for Dragon Age 2. It's great. Watch the thing here.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/957/article/dragon-age-ii---penny-arcade-motion-comic-hindsight/
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 am

You can also get the the item in game, think you have register for it.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:59 am

i am finally up to the end fight am going to try a beat it tonite
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:01 am

Best of luck dude. Remember your tactics from the High Dragon. They mean nothing in the next fight.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:43 am

finished the game .
the last fight was a piece of piss.
got my ass handed to twice but once i figured out
you could use the balisters (the big catapult things )
i did hardy have to do any fighting myself .

off to make a dwarf
Back to top Go down
Crimson Origin
First Nation
First Nation
Crimson Origin

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:45 pm

I love this game but getting Platinum on it is tedious!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Dragon Age 2 Combat

Looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:18 pm

looks sweet its on my list of games to get for sure
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:26 am

Okay. My thoughts on Dragon Age 2.

Its a good game. Its not Dragon Age: Origins neither should it be. Same world, different game. I like it. Flaws are few in my opinion. Good story. Your not travelling all over as you did in the first game, but the story is about how you became the champion of that one city. There are areas outside that you go to. Just not as many as the first game.

Graphics: Beautiful, character designs are excellent, the movement of characters in cutscenes are definately improved. New Flemeth design was awesome. Still coulda fixed the "Hurrr my weapons don't need sheates they just float behind my back." thing.
There is a feeling of laziness definately with some of the "dungeons" but thats easy to get over.
Characters that you would meet in the previous games have a nice redesign.

Combat: Is much improved. Feels to flow more and you are the one that decides when the strike lands. The moves and skills are more impressive instead of sitting back watching the game masterbate by playing itself like in Final Fantasy 12 or the first game with you pressing a button here or there. While it isn't to level of combat from other hack and slash its improved from the previous I think. Plus things do look much better, the animations and the effects are pretty cool.

Story: Liking it so far. Keep wanting to know what happens next.

Classes: Have a Character with each class as usual. So far focusing on rouge. Rouge is kinda like a ninja.
So far with mage the combat is very good, more move and attack animation than the last game, kinda like they are staff fighting ang go pew pew at the same time.
Warriors feels the same with a few new things.
You can only choose from the Human race this time with a Male or Female within each class. Limits the Story 6 possibilities but thats not in itself a bad thing.

Leveling up: The putting points into attributes is the same, level up get 3 attribute points. The talents/spells looks different but is the same.

Side Quests: Plenty of them, but its a lot of "You found an item bring it to this person." other ones can be triggered from mail, influenced by decisions you make it seems.

Characters: Interesting. Elvhen definatly don't look like small humans with pointy ears anymore. Qunari are awesome looking and not just big humans. Dwarfs still look like dwarfs.
You can get all the characters pretty quickly. Relationship developments happen in cutscenes, who you have with you at the time of how your choosing to go about things and how they react to you. Further developments can be brought about by going to the people in thier "home base" and chatting away. Gifts are easy, you are told who gets what, but depending on wheter your going down the whole "Rivalry" or "Friend" path. If you give a gift to a person who doesn;t like you its not going to instantly make them like you, it will infact make them more of a rival. You can't decide what others will wear only what weapons or acessories they can have, their main clothes are upgrade-able though. Armour only changable to your own character. Item drops are varied and not restricted to the class you choose. You could be a rouge but get armour drops that better suit mages or warriors. Good for cash. You could get your rouge to wear a mage outfit but you will have to upgrade the things that you would normally upgrade for a mage such as willpower and magic. Weapons are class restricted.

Thats all I got for now.
Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top