Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 am

That sword and the one from Return to Ostagar are my favourite. Love duel weilding with it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 am

I'm playing a mage this time.
Still probably gonna be using it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:07 am

Arcane Warrior?

I know how to unlock the blood mage but keep forgetting to do it, is it actually worth using?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 am

Let me put it this way...
Have you fought Gaxkang? He's the enemy from the Unbound quest. You track him down in the back alley of Denirum.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 am

Yeah killed him dead, got that quest from the Pylantries (Sp)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:12 am

An Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage can solo him.

No party members with you at all.

And he can do it reliably enough to farm him until he drops Fadewall (uber shield, very rare drop).
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:15 am

Thinking Huh sounds like a good combination.
I might try that if I decide to do a Male Elf Mage.
I have too many created charaters the game won't let me make more.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:16 am

Evil or Very Mad
It won't?
Not cool. Getting a little ticked about the things this game thinks it has the right to do between this and not letting you copy your data.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:03 am

...I have 20 Characters...

The data copying is a massive pain, not so much worried about it, considering it seems to be standard for all EA games.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 am

Lesus wrote:
That sword and the one from Return to Ostagar are my favourite. Love duel weilding with it.

I found that one and also had the Dragon Slayer for a while. I think that was its name. You find it in that closed door in the basement of the Tower of Magi when you find Wynne. In that same room, to the right, there is a door, when you get the key a beast appears in that area (you actually never go inside any room) and when you kill it you get that sword with 2 or 3 spaces for runes. I've probably got all names wrong, about 4 months I have not played it. :S

Have everyone to have lyrium if below 25%, and health if below 25%. Wynne to heal anyone if below 75%.
Morrigan to use that whisp-insect cloud when attacked by two or more enemies.
Wynne to use petrify and Morrigan to use freeze in bosses and leaders.
Morrigan to use that spell to protect herself as soon as an enemy is in sight.
Alistair to use the spell to disolve spells if there is any active.
Then other ones with each character's special moves.
I can't remember many more, but I had all the tactics screen filled at all times.

The thing is that if you do not change them, you might be using basic spells or movements when you have improved other area of the character. I rather change them all myself. Thinking

Last edited by Seyel on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:32 am

Okay, that IS a lot of characters. I admit that. But it still should only be limited by the amount of space on your PS3.

What other EA game has done that? I copied my Dead Space files just fine.

@Sey, that's the Yusaris sword, from the mission Watchguard of the Reaching. Smile
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Okay, that IS a lot of characters. I admit that. But it still should only be limited by the amount of space on your PS3.

What other EA game has done that? I copied my Dead Space files just fine.

@Sey, that's the Yusaris sword, from the mission Watchguard of the Reaching. Smile

Thinking Then it is not that one the one I meant lol. I had one that was Dragon Slayer or something like that. Can't remember now. I will have to go and open my game to see the inventory and all that lol.

My first playthrough was a Female Dalish Elf, Rogue. Then I created a Female magi but not sure about that one. I still have to finish it with her.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 am

Every other EA game I have, Army of Two and Kane and Lynch spring to mind straight away alongside Dragon Age.

The basement... I tried goin back down there but it wouldn't let me. Is there a certain point other than the start of the Mage origin?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:

Wait, yeah, you are right, "Yusatis the Dragonslayer" lol

@lesus: you don't go in the basement, you unlock the door with the key you get after that Wacthguard mission, and then the beast appears behind you, in the middle of the area where you were talking to Wynne and the children. All of them will attack the beast, so you get help but somebody might be killed.. Rolling Eyes You get that key after you touch the guards in certain order and then go and touch another one immediately after in other room... a walkthrough might help lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 am

Ooooh its like that "Summon Mission" in the Circle?
Yeah I know it, never actually went with it. more focused on getting to the fade for extra stat points.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Lesus wrote:
Ooooh its like that "Summon Mission" in the Circle?
Yeah I know it, never actually went with it. more focused on getting to the fade for extra stat points.

Fade is awesome.
I ended up drawing a map with the mouse holes and everything because I wanted to be sure I had been in every single possible place. Loads of skill points!
Yeah, it is similar to that one with the summoning science in the library, but if I remember right this one was in the next floor, there were three statues in a hall, which you had to touch in a certain order. Then you had to go to a rounded room where there were two tranquil and touch one of the three statues where the tranquil were; then go downstairs again and unlock the door.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 am

Yep thats the one I was thinking of. The Summon Sciences one pissed me off so I didn't bother with the other one.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 am

i have beaten red cliff castle and am looking around but there are a lot of
doors/chests i can not get in ??
i tried with my rogue i think that is the one to use??
is there one of her attributes i need to upgrade so she keeps unlocking things
or do i have to come back later and get that stuff??
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Your ability to unlock things is based on your Cunning attribute and the Rogue skills that unlock things (Deft Hands, Improved Tools, Mechanical Expertise, and Device Mastery.) All locks have a Difficulty number. If your Lockpicking score is greater than the Difficulty number, then the door/chest unlocks.
Your Lockpicking score is determined like this:
(Cunning -10) + (10*Number of talents)
Basically, each talent you have makes it as though you had 10 more Cunning than you do.
Here's an example.
Let's say you had a Cunning of 20. You also had two talents for unlocking things.
The formula would be:
(20 - 10) + (10*2)
10 + 20 =
Your Lockpicking score is 30. If the Difficulty number of the lock you were trying to open is less than that, then you can open it.

So, basically for a Rogue just dump most points into Cunning and get the four talents (again, those are Deft Hands, Improved Tools, Mechanical Expertise, and Device Mastery).
That's good anyways because you'll want to get the Lethality talent too. It makes it so your damage is determined by your Cunning instead of Strength.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 pm

You have to keep upgrading her character to increase the skill/talent to unlock things. Also, I think it is in that city that there is the Dwarf's house with a chest you cannot open. It seems there is only one dialogue option for that, I never managed to get that one, he keeps Sten's sword in there. Not sure if the dialogue gets triggered only if Stern is in the party. Also is good to increase Cunning because it affects also the dialogue options, if characters like you they offer more dialogue options and sometimes you can get the same result through dialogue.

Have a look at http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki for info on characters and skills. Avoid the walkthroughs and so on if you do not want to read spoilers, though.

EDIT: Just saw Cobalt's reply. Do as he says, better explained and to the point. Smile
Btw, I am having LOADS of problems to post in this thread today, it takes forever to load... but only this thread... anyone else having the same problem?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I blame Ratchet. Razz

Sey is right though. Cunning also influences part of your Coercion talent. If you attempt to Persuade someone in dialog, the game uses your Cunning stat to determine success. If you attempt to Intimidate someone, however, it uses your Strength stat.
These actions can succeed based on your stats alone though. You don't strictly need points in Coercion. But it does help the same way that the Deft Hands and such help with lockpicking.

@Sey,
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sword_of_the_Beresaad
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:33 am

i now have injury (cracked skull)
how do i fix??

i know i have injury kits but not how to use them
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Just like using a potion. Switch to the character who is injured. Open the radial menu, select Potions, select Injury kit. Fixes the injury right up. Always make sure to do that right after you get one. Injuries lower your stats.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks monkey will give it a go next time i play
can not believe i did not try that already Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top