Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:14 am

just watched a few vids of DA2 and i must say it looks a nice game .
one thing do you now press x and you swing your sword or is it still the same
as the old one .
it looked like you had to do the fighting your self instead of letting the game do it for you
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:42 am

You press X to swing.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:51 am

ok cool may get this once i get tired of AC brotherhood then trade it in for DA
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 am

Should do.
I think by the time you do get it however you won't be able to get the free stuff from say signing up to the newletter or registering your game with Bioware. They aren't really all that great to be honest, just some nice little things like an extra weapon or armour.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 am

i am not fussed about the wep or armor unless it lets you kick ass from the start
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 am

Not really Thinking mostly unique. Got the Ser Isacc Armour for having Dead Space 2 but found better armour soon enough, same with the weapons, only one I haven't moved off of is the unique Staff that does be in the trailers for the mage.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 am

wadey wrote:
one thing do you now press x and you swing your sword or is it still the same
as the old one .
it looked like you had to do the fighting your self instead of letting the game do it for you

This is one of the bones that many people have to pick with this game. It has to do with where you're coming to the game from. As a console player, you're more likely to be glad to see this change as its more familiar, more like what you're used to. However, this game type has its roots in more tactics based games like Baldur's Gate, so many primarily PC gamers who enjoyed that style and were familiar with it are disappointed.

As someone who's played both game types and loved them, I'm more concerned with the reports of rushing development, inability to sort my equipment out among the party, recycled environments, and lack of a real overarching story.
Shrug
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 am

i am sure i saw one of the developers saying you could play the more hack & slash style
or play the same way the first was played .
you have a choice from what i under stand
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:

This is one of the bones that many people have to pick with this game. It has to do with where you're coming to the game from. As a console player, you're more likely to be glad to see this change as its more familiar, more like what you're used to. However, this game type has its roots in more tactics based games like Baldur's Gate, so many primarily PC gamers who enjoyed that style and were familiar with it are disappointed.

As someone who's played both game types and loved them, I'm more concerned with the reports of rushing development, inability to sort my equipment out among the party, recycled environments, and lack of a real overarching story.
Shrug

I always found Balders Gate an "Eh" game.
Only equipment you can't share with people is the Armour, and the weapons that aren't for their "Class". Acessories you can change along with the majority of weapons, everything else that can't be used gets sold off so I can afford mah "ladies of the night"

Recycled enviroments I am in agreement with but thats really minor to me considering I started gaming on the Commodore 64, Sega and the Famicon so repeated enviroments aren't really an issue for me I guess.

Combat is better. As is AI.

Story thus far is pretty good to me... Shrug I like it and I think you will too. If your still doubtful though you are right to keep waiting till it gets cheaper for the buy.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:31 am

i read another review of DA2
and the guy sed that not much happens for the first 4-5 hours of play but
picks up after that .
did not like his review much just bitched and moaned not very helpful
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:54 am

Yeah tend to not read a review unless I know the guy. Take Monkey, he gives the good and the bad and shows you both. Thats a rare thing in reviewing lately.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Ah, shucks. Embarassed
For the record, Liam's taste in games is very similar to mine, so you can pretty much take any review of his as if I said it, but with more booze/profanity/nudity than I would have included.
Also, he's a Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 860619 legend.

I also trust Zero Punctuation. Yahtzee gives you the bad and acts like it's horrendous, then gives you the good and acts like it's merely deplorable. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 am

i have now watched all the vids at IGN and i think as soon as i have done what i want
with AC brotherhood i am getting DA2 the game looks to me
nice .and i need another game to change it up from Blop's

i played DR and MW2 at the same time .but AC.B has not givein me the distraction i need

so i will be getting it
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:16 am

Good stuff. 30+ hours worth of game time.

I will say this. Out of all my characters, the mage is rediculously strong. o.O
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:32 am

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 2011-04-18

LAWL!
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:07 am

Just picked DA2 and like it so far
I like the combat to but thats cos
I like the faster feel of it .
O and my sister has great boobies o.0
If you've played you'll know what I meen
She got cleavage
Btw I hate posting with iPhones
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:02 am

Yuh she does. More to come for you in the cleavage sense though.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:09 am

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 1931472354

relay liking this game so far
i now have 8 companions just picked up the hot chick in the bar Smile

i have enough money to start the deep roads but i am trying to do as much as it will let me before i am forced into deep roads.

Q.will i run out of missions before the deep roads starts

and i have found 2 back packs. know of any more to find or do they unlock
after so long ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:19 am

For myself I just kept doing what I could as they popped up and checked my mail a lot. Also I did go to areas again and again to check and see if there was anything. Check your rumors section also in the journal. Keep going till you can go no more then do the deep roads. I had like 100 gold first time round in the first act before I went anywhere.

Back packs on my first play through I never found any, although to be honest I wasn't looking and didn't cop on to them until midway through the second act. Second playthrough I found 2 in the first act. 3 on my third character. Check every shop and look also for the armour upgrades to the companions, they can be found in the tab that is like a jewel shape on the top if I remember correctly. Always double check shops when you can.

Hot chick in the bar is your extra cleavage short dress wearing easy woman. Thats all that you can pick up I think. Also useful is clearing out the town areas at night, good gold in them and exp. You can get the rewards from the woman in the back of the Hanging Man at night when you clear them out.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:24 am

sweet good to know forgot about that woman in the Hangman.
do we have a new MOD meathead for am i just slow?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:34 am

Meatheads an old Mod that comes around when Real Life isn't keeping him ultra busy.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 2:37 am

cool .
i had 80 gold about spent alot on stuff (gold burns a hole in my pocket ) Smile
Spoiler:

one thing i have found very useful that DA did not have is every location on ether map
has a list of any active quests that you have yet to complete on display .

Last edited by wadey on Wed May 04, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:44 am

That can be useful.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:59 am

dam sorry mate i see you spoiled that part. fair play.
i am not used to having games before other people and did not think
that would spoil others game play(witch it would ) Embarassed .will keep that in mind from now on Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2   Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:12 am

(o.O) I meant the active quest telling thingy on the map. I did the spoiler on automatic though... only remembering that I did it now... Need more coffee...
Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins & Dragon Age 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top