Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Argonians.
And you'd think that if any race were to produce a Dragonborn it'd be them. lol
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm

you would think. lol

and for anyone interested, heres the llink to the day[9] channel
http://day9.tv/archives/
youll see the skyrim stuff
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 am

Got 2 people so far.

Lesus, Imperial Warrior that likes pointy things (I find he is not really that quite bright) and Liamcifer, Dark elve that loves Raising your loved ones and making them attack you. After Setting them on fire.

I am really much further along right now than the below but it gives you an idea of the way I'm playing them.

Lesus Diary 1
Made i' oot o' tha bloody town where dem crazy people wanted ta cut me hed off. Thank fook for that flying argo... argan... Lizard thingy. Didnae know they grew tha big. De name o' the town sounded familiar...
After gitting oot, some crazy fecker that was all "Face yoor death like a man!" in the town was running like fook ta git oot o there I can tell you that. Good thing I followed him though... managed to get me some o that imperil armoor and some swooooooords (I like SWOOOOOOOOOOORDS) and a bow with some arrows. Blondie was all "Follow me to my sisters." "I was all Fook tha I ain't gitting into no incest ere, I heard aboot you Nords!"
Went a wandering a seen a big arse sheep with a long nose. They had some big bastids following em so I thought I would go ask fir directions like. Don't think my head has stopped ringing yet... and how the fook did I get back ere?

Liamcifer Diary 1
Managed to get out of that stinking cess pit of a town. A dragon hmmm. I shall catch it. I shall tame it. And I shall ride them buring the world from above! For now though it seems the pitiful shop keeper of this town that I bought some fun spells from was all "Oh Noes I gots robbed! Halp me! Halp me!" Shoulda just fire balled his head when he asked me for help, but I am still to weak in power... I shall find it. And when I find it I shall jam them into his eyes for daring to ask me to look for his items like a commom servant. Maybe I'll kill his sister, raise her to be my servant, have her do it. In fact I should turn this whole town into zombies. A ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE! But for now, I must grow stronger.

Liamcifer Diary 2
Well that went interesting... Also turns out I can only raise one at a time. Need more power. The shop keeper can live for now. I need someone to sell crap to. Onwards to glory and Dragon riding. Onwards to... Whiterun? Man I hate that shit hole...
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 am

man your a better man than i i would have gone with the two sisters just to see
whats what and you know do bad things Suspect

dragons hay i like the sound of that
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 am

Me a Argonian and his name is Dragoon. He likes long walks under the sun and snuggling under a rug infront of a fire when its a chilly night. He also likes to hide from enemies under water till enemies either drown trying to catch him or get eaten by a dragon that was chasing Dragoon.

lvl 21 atm and only just decided to start main quests
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 am

Lulz
Level 14 (elf) & 8 (human) myself. Still hanging around Whiterun. Bought me first house there though.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 am

Liam, you definitely need to visit the Falkreath blacksmith. Either of your guys will be in for a surprise. Smile

Really am going to have to get around to that main quest eventually. I just keep finding things to do everywhere I go.
"We need you to go over to--"
"Not now. Shiny things!"
"But the dra--"
"Shhhhiiiiiiinnnyyyyy!"

A day in the life of Rijndeal,
The home I've purchased in Whiterun is certainly nice. Better than the crap room I was using at the College. Still sharing space with that one wench Lydia, but that certainly beats being crammed into a dorm. Glad to get back here for some rest after than mess in that Dwarf-built deathtrap. Ye Divines, those metal things can take a punch. The smallest of them needed a double Fireball and then some to go down! The man sized ones barely even seemed to notice that much. Had to beat 'em to death with a sword that looks to be made outta one of 'em, and that was slow going.
Finally find my way into the lowest part (Why does everything I need to get have to be at the furthest point away?!) and what's there? A monstrosity I'll not speak of here, that's what. And flanked by those man sized things too. This, I thought, called for a little Shouting. Guess the blasted things don't have ears though. Finally had to make a mad dash to what I sought, along with every other chest in the room along the way, of course. Then it was out the back door with me. Guess whatever magic animates them binds them to the place because they didn't follow.
Told Lydia about this and she didn't seem to believe me about how tough they were. Suggested I "go back once you get bigger Fireballs." Insufferable woman. We'll see if she believes me once I use those things' metal guts for a suit of armor! I've just enough knowledge of smithing to do it. If it makes me half as hard to hurt as they were, it'll be well worth the weight.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 am

That actually got me thinking, those Dwenmer or whatever they are called musta being som strong fecking bastids!
Dunno where I am going next. Mostly working on the Companions. Got a cool new power off them that makes people call me a wet dog.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 am

Seriously, Falkreath. Trust me on this.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Got skyrim. Went to Falkreath. Saw the smiths name. Blinked. Laughed.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Very Happy= :D
Told you so.
Laughing

Oh, and if his inventory is constant, you can steal a Ring of Minor Destruction off him. Handy early on, and even now. Though I admit I was expecting to find large amounts of alcohol on him instead.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm going to have to pick up this game. Can you play online with friends?

anyone fight a dragon yet? is it as cool as it looks on the preview lol
Is it hard? looking at the online clips it seems dragon fights are kind of trivial.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Revv wrote:

Is it hard? looking at the online clips it seems dragon fights are kind of trivial.

Amazon has a decent sale BOGO 50% off. So I got this game and MW3 for the boy. Does this game get racy or is implied dwarf threesomes or whatever?? I'm wondering if it will be ok for him to play or me in front of him at 10 years old.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Revv wrote:

Depends on the dragon. For example, I watched a giant take a huge chunk out of a normal dragon's HP with one hit, killing it soon after. Just now I watched a Blood Dragon flay two giants alive at the same time without getting a scratch before turning its attention on me. (Sweet too, 'cause I managed to put an enough arrows in its wing that it crashed and left a huge furrow in the ground, then I finished it off with fire and sword.)
Are they always the biggest threat around? No.
Are they something you take on when you're low on heath/magic or potions? Absolutely not.

As for online, a great big, "No, thank God." Last thing these games need is an online mode shoehorned in to ruin the experience.

rrwatch wrote:
Amazon has a decent sale BOGO 50% off. So I got this game and MW3 for the boy. Does this game get racy or is implied dwarf threesomes or whatever?? I'm wondering if it will be ok for him to play or me in front of him at 10 years old.
I've only seen a tenth of the available content so far (rough estimate) and there's been little that's racy. Did find a copy of the fan favorite, "The Lusty Argonian Maid" (which apparently got an update as it's now "Vol. 1") which is all euphemisms. A 10 year old wouldn't get it. You will fight as many men as women, and you can remove their armor once they're slain (or your own, of course), but doing so leaves them in leather underwear.
There is a beheading within the first five minutes as part of a cutscene.

I wouldn't let a little kid play this game himself, personally. But mostly because they would lack the ability to really understand it. There's very little hand holding, and it can get tough. Most I've seen try just attack anything they see and end up destroying half the content by killing questgivers or locking themselves out of towns by having an endless number of guards attack them. They might get some mindless fun out of it, but ultimately seem to just run around stealing things and killing civilians because it's always easier than doing the quests.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Just the answer i was looking for Cobalt , thanks. Looks like another game that's all MINE.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Happy to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Me went to Falkreath and saw the smith and dog and now me thinks we have stalkers here that work for Bethesda.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 pm

made a change in my choice for when i get this game. redguard looks awesome even if it is sans frost resistance and light armor skills.
+10 One-Handed, +5 Destruction, Alteration, Smithing, Block, Archery
Adrenaline Rush : Stamina regenerates 10x faster for 60 seconds.
Resist Poison : 50% resistance to poison.

heres a full list

Argonian
+10 Lockpicking, +5 Restoration, Alteration, Light Armor, Sneak, Pickpocket
Histskin : Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds.
Resist Disease : Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease.
Water Breathing : Your Argonian Lungs can breath underwater.

Breton
+10 Conjuration, +5 Alchemy, Illusion, Restoration, Alteration, Speech
Dragonskin : Absorb 50% of magicka from hostile spells for 60 seconds.
Magic Resistance : Breton blood grants a 25% resistance to magic.

Dunmer (Dark Elf)
+10 Destruction, +5 Alchemy, Illusion, Alteration, Light Armor, Sneak
Ancestor’s Wrath : For 60 seconds, opponents that get too close take 8 points per second of fire damage.
Resist Fire – Your Dunmer blood gives you 50% resistance to fire.

Altmer (High Elf)
+10 Illusion, +5 Conjuration, Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Enchanting
Highborn : Regenerate magicka faster for 60 seconds.
Highborn : High Elves are born with 50 extra magicka.

Imperial
+10 Restoration, +5 Destruction, Enchanting, Heavy Armor, Block, One-Handed
Voice of the Emperor : Calms nearby people for 60 seconds.
Imperial Luck : Anywhere gold coins might be found, Imperials always seem to find a few more.

Khajiit
+10 Sneak, +5 Alchemy, One-Handed, Archery, Lockpicking, Pickpocket
Night Eye : Improved night vision for 60 seconds.
Claws : Khajiit claws do 15 points of damage.

Nord
+10 Two-Handed, +5 Smithing, Block, One-Handed, Light Armor, Speech
Battle Cry : Target flees for 30 seconds.
Resist Frost: Your Nord blood gives you 50% resistance to frost.

Orsimer (Orc)
+10 Heavy Armor, +5 Enchanting, Smithing, Block, Two-Handed, One-Handed
Berserker Rage : You take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds.

Redguard
+10 One-Handed, +5 Destruction, Alteration, Smithing, Block, Archery
Adrenaline Rush : Stamina regenerates 10x faster for 60 seconds.
Resist Poison : Your Redguard blood gives you 50% resistance to poison.

Bosmer (Wood Elf)
+10 Archery, +5 Alchemy, Light Armor, Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocket
Command Animal : Make an animal an ally for 60 seconds.
Resist Disease and Poison : Your Bosmer blood gives you 50% resistance to poison and disease.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Every character starts with these two spells:
Flames : A gout of fire that does 8 points per second. Targets on fire take extra damage.
Healing : Heals the caster 10 points per second.

Breton's also start with...
Conjure Familiar : Summons a Familiar for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.

Dunmer also start with...
Sparks : Lightning that does 8 points of shock damage to health and magicka per second.

Altmer also start with...
Fury : Creatures and people up to level 6 will attack anything nearby for 30 seconds.

Just to clarify, these spells are available to any race in the game. The races listed just start with those spells as a bonus for their +10 proficiency in certain magics
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:20 pm

This game looks like so much fun but I don't have the time to sink into it now and I'm not sure if I can justify buying another game this year with the amount that I've bought already. (6, I think. DAII, Infamous 2, R3, U3, AC:R, GoW collection)
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
This game looks like so much fun but I don't have the time to sink into it now and I'm not sure if I can justify buying another game this year with the amount that I've bought already. (6, I think. DAII, Infamous 2, R3, U3, AC:R, GoW collection)

From what I reading... if I get into Skyrim I wont have to buy any games for a while it supposedly has over 300 dungeons and hours and hours of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:40 am

Months of Gameplay. Not to mention the replay throughs to do something differently.

As for Falkreath... (o.O)
Seriously!? Dunno if it's awesome or a way I can cash in. Either way, I FRIGGING LOVE THIS GAME MORE!

Also apparently you can get married in it.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:44 am

i just watch a guide to leveling up your shithy(no not its technical name) attribute
the guy went up 30 levels in 2 minutes .apparently it helps you craft a lot better armor
later in the game.i can link it if you like ?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am

Sure, just make sure to tell people what it is in the same post as the link.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 am

Within the rules as it's not Multi-player. I just got mine up to 30 for the Elven Armour.

By the way what's the level cap?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am

I think the theoretical character level cap is around 51, though you can proceed further, albeit you level much slower.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top