Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Answering that question requires spoiling a quest.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Wasn't aware of that. Speaking of followers, I'm REALLY tempted to find a replacement for Lydia. It does not help you stealth when either A) the enemies see Lydia and start casting fireballs or B) LYYYYYYYYYYYYDIAAAAAAAAA JEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!! -_-
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 pm

is there any way to re-spec in this game? like when i get to level 50 if i want to rearrange what skill points i have used, will that be a possibility?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 pm

The only ways I'm finding to respec are things that you can only due on PC. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 pm

*Fell asleep while typing this*

Another end to a great day... Er, I mean morning Razz It's currently(was) 6:40 in the morning and I'm in need of sleep...
CobaltMonkey wrote:
Remember, Giants and Mammoths won't aggro unless you threaten them by staying close or attacking first. If you back off when they growl and posture, then they'll let you alone. Just make sure to walk wide.

I actually omitted a tiny little detail. It was my first giant encounter... I ran up all like "Hey buddy, whatchoo doin' over here? Oh, you wanna play tag? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 1931472354 no... that IS NOT how you play tag!! No"

I have plenty more stories like that from today. Such as my second giant encounter, but it was the lolest of lols Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Dragons come out and play ay *clinks empty wine bottles together*

Seriously me cant find any but trolls seem to have had a mass pop explosion as they all me seems to be finding of late.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Have the Greybeards point you to a word. Often enough they're on the outside walls, which are always guarded by dragons, or have them nearby.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 am

Did Miridas (what a bitchy priviliged princess) quest last night. While completing one part of it two dragons decided to double team me then fly off. I then turned into google earth and seen where they flew off too. Got a sweet sword from it. Still playing on my spell caster. I was getting slow downs but as I completed or cleared a few active quests off my list things seemed to smoothen out.

Also my magic now refills at the speed of light, what's that about.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:44 am

ran into some really bad slowdowns tonight. it was weird though because it would slide show for a couple seconds then be fine. wasnt autosaving either. i got about 20 quests in my log so maybe ill try and chip those down and see if it helps.

Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:01 am

Hitting those framerate issues now too... It's getting to the point where it's unplayable. I have to avoid sprinting and places with heavy snow, which is about 1/2 of Skyrim. Or else it's a sliseshow of approx. 3 frames per minute... Sad

On a lighter note, I just did the coolest mission for the Companions... For those who know and have done it, the spoiler below is safe for you Wink Just in case, everyone else look away!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 am

i-like-ninjas wrote:
Hitting those framerate issues now too... It's getting to the point where it's unplayable. I have to avoid sprinting and places with heavy snow, which is about 1/2 of Skyrim. Or else it's a sliseshow of approx. 3 frames per minute... Sad

On a lighter note, I just did the coolest mission for the Companions... For those who know and have done it, the spoiler below is safe for you Wink Just in case, everyone else look away!
Spoiler:

In answer to your spoilered thingy

CAUTION CONTAINS SPOILERS! YE BE WARNED!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 am

You guys try cooling your playstation with more than the fan it came with? I had some bad framerate problems when I would play grand turismo 5 for hours on end. so bad that it would freeze up for a second and then would come back just in time to show me I smashed into a wall going 180 MPH No . Ended up noticing that the tv stand that my ps3 is in gets to be like an oven when it finally freezes up. I wired up 3 computer fans to a USB and cut some holes in the back of the TV stand to mount the fans. Plug them into the front of the ps3 and havnt had problems since.
The fan it comes with does a very poor job of cooling it, one of these days im going to clean up the tv stand and make a dedicated ps3 stand that cools it as I play. Have also herd of a few ps3's completely breaking from being overheated too often.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Fun tip. I found out you can get both of the rewards from Hircine's daedric quest. Without getting spoilery, I'll just say that you can complete one objective option without turning it in, then immediately complete the other as well and turn it in, followed by leaving to turn the first one in too.
More importantly, both rewards count as Daedric Artifacts, so on completing Nemira's quest, I got counted as having 15. Enough for the Oblivion Walker trophy to pop. Which means that I can save the Thieves Guild for my second character like I'd originally hoped. Minor Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Do all dwarven ruins have insta-kill traps? I'm trying to go through the one the dark brotherhood sends you too early on, and didn't appreciate getting sent back to the start of the area after hitting a trap I've never seen before.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:38 pm

I've never been killed by a trap. Then again, I also haven't done the DB questline.
Are you sure it instant killed, and not just did high damage? I'm kind of a walking tank, so I don't take a lot of that from anything. Well, anything but those Briarhearts. Hate those guys. Hard to sneak up on in my heavy armor too, even with its sneak bonus.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 pm

you might just have to sneak around scanning the floor for plates or tripwires. do you have enough light around you to see them? there are a couple lighting spells and torches are cheap.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 am

Heck you can even get torches off the walls. Did get hit by a trap in one of the dwarven ruins that brought my hp down to a tenth, Spinning floor blades that pop out as you open a door. Thank christ I had my glass armour on.

In other news, Sanguines quest is funny.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:10 am

its f-ing impossible for me to get to the town at the base of the mountain where the grey beard quest takes me. ive been walking and dodging creatures and enemies alike for 3 hours to no avail. i get on the right track and run into a guy wanting his fort and family back..... GRRR people i got things to do! needless to say im halfway to getting his fort back. looked at the hour and had to get ready for bed.

lets all pray that tomarrow i can get there. this is getting rediculous, LOL. and dont get me started on bears!
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 am

The Clairvoyence spell is a godsend for finding the best way to a point on the other side of a mountain range. If you can get that from that Secret-fire guy in whiterun (the DICK), you'll be set.

So after restarting the area a few more times on account of Lydia dying (once because I accidentally backstabbed her), I finally got to the trap that killed me before. It was a floor trap, that I presume hits you with one of those explosive dwarven ballista bolts, and looks like a slightly elevated square tile with a small red diamond in the center. I recommend getting the sneak perk that makes pressure plates a non-issue if you can, though you should still watch for them if your follower is of any value.

After that was the standard fair of dwarven constructs, traps, puzzles, and small squads of Falmer, up until the end, when out walked a Master Centurion. If you haven't seen one, its a gigantic dwarven construct about 3 times as large as Lydia and has a HUGE amount of health.
This turned out to be the easiest part of the dungeon. I stayed back and sneak attacked him with my bow and Lydia beat the shit out of him with her frost enchanted claymore until he fell to pieces. I don't think he ever got the chance to make an attack.

Guess I'm lucky?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:23 am

And he only wanted someone to hug...

I got me the Clairvoyance early on. Doesn't up skills but is really helpful to find your way in a group of rocky outcrops... Cept when it tells you to go through the mountain...
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Dmick024 wrote:
its f-ing impossible for me to get to the town at the base of the mountain where the grey beard quest takes me. ive been walking and dodging creatures and enemies alike for 3 hours to no avail. i get on the right track and run into a guy wanting his fort and family back..... GRRR people i got things to do! needless to say im halfway to getting his fort back. looked at the hour and had to get ready for bed.

lets all pray that tomarrow i can get there. this is getting rediculous, LOL. and dont get me started on bears!

Rofl! Just typed out a mini walkthrough for you, just to realise you're talking about a different mission facepalm2
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:24 pm

anyone want to fight 7 (might be 6) trolls in a row?
find darkshade. gooooood times.

also, i robbed all the display cases in whiterun and got me a sweet elven bow and elven sword. crafted me some nice steel armour and got the perk that gives you +25% armour if you wear all macting. my rating is 137 (i believe) w/o shield. also found a sweet orcish battleaxe that does 25 dmg and and extra 12 fire dmg. awesome against trolls. till it disenchants Sad then i gotta find me a decent soul gem. im only lvl 12 and ive done about 5 missions total in like 10+ hours of play hahah
i just get so distracted by all the stuff that pops up on my map.

Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Wish me could be helpful but me forgot where the location is to a awesome warhammer that standard has 45 damage points and has frost damage added on. Since me smithing is now lvl100 me has made the hammer to 70+ damage.
All me can say is its in an ancient ruin where you go through the normal bandits, dead guys, dwarven traps and then a hardcore ghost
When me gets back into game me will tell yas where it is. *taking break from game*
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top